PDA

View Full Version : Electrac Info

davido
06-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Mr. Ohendalski-
We appreciate your interest in our products.
The Dana 60 Electrac is on sale now in both 30 and 35 spline axles counts.
Average retail is about $900.
There are no current plans to build an Electrac for a 14 bolt but it is far
too early to know if it will ever be built. 2004 will be a very busy year
as we plan to design and build Electracs for Toyota applications. Late next
year we will be looking at new applications and it is possible that the 14
bolt will be on that list.

Sorry I couldn't give you better, more accurate information.

Scott Frary
Aftermarket Sales Manager
Tractech Inc.

-------------

> Comments: I heard that you were making an Electrac for the Dana 60. I was
> wondering if that was out. If so, where can I get one. If not when will it
> be out. What is MSRP on it? Also, are you planning on making one for the
> Corporate 14 Bolt?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> ~dso

StevenAg03
06-24-2003, 11:09 AM
so whats the plan david? gonna go electrac in the front and detroit in the rear?

i thought you were a advocate of the ARB.....dont like them anymore?

davido
06-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Actually, I like the ARB just fine. I was real happy with mine. I had to solder a connection one time, but that's it. It worked great. But I figure two wires are easier to run than having to deal with a pump. With the assist, I may just go full Detroit in the front also. We'll see.

~dso

StevenAg03
06-24-2003, 11:53 AM
were you wanting the selectable lockers so that on the street there would be virtually no tire wear?

also i stopped by the house the other day adn looked at the FJ. it looks bad ass man. i like how you made the support for the steering shaft. are you planning on putting on any inner fenders or leaving it open?

mark
06-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
were you wanting the selectable lockers so that on the street there would be virtually no tire wear?

Street?!?! Yea about 3 miles a year, none of which will be in 4wd.

Go Detroit. It works for me.

-Mark

davido
06-24-2003, 01:27 PM
I've been contemplating slugs in the front instead of hubs. If so, then I would like the selectable. Mark, do you drive yours on the street with the hubs locked? Is it not a big deal as long as they're not getting power?

Thanks. Andy told me about some black plastic that I hope to use for the inner fenders.

~dso

Shaggy
06-24-2003, 03:17 PM
detroit isnt a problem just as long as you dont love that skinny pedal. mine only cherps when i get on it.

BMFScout
06-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Lissa runs one in the front with no lock out hubs. As long as it isn't getting power it doesn't do ****.

mark
06-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by davido
Mark, do you drive yours on the street with the hubs locked? Is it not a big deal as long as they're not getting power?
~dso

I've driven many times on the street with the hubs locked in 2wd. No worries there. The only time the Detroit has ever been an issue is driving on hardpacked snow and ice in 4wd. It just won't let you turn if you are using the gas at all. I have driven in front wheel drive on the street a number of times, once in one wheel drive. Now that's a handfull.

-Mark