PDA

View Full Version : where to get durabak

bburris
07-08-2003, 06:16 PM
I need something to insulate the Jeep's interior somewhat. I've looked into Herculiner and Duplicolor, but they both get mixed reviews from various places on the net. I don't have the money to pay someone to do it for me, so I've been looking at Durabak. The price seems good, and I found a cheap (almost disposable)sprayer through Harbor Freight. Does anyone know of a good place to order the stuff from? I only found one dealer on an MSN search, and it was $79 for black, and $20 for shipping. Austin is the only person I know of that has done this stuff, so where did you get yours, coon?

Has anyone else done it, or do any of you know a good supplier for it?

TxCruzr
07-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Durabak and Herculiner are the samething...so just go to target and NAPA/AutoZone type store and pick a can up. Then you won't have to pay for shipping.

Joseph

bburris
07-09-2003, 11:06 AM
really?

Doug Krebs
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
you can get a gallon and a quart from sam's for like $75, well at least you used to

bburris
07-09-2003, 12:47 PM
The only Herculiner I've ever seen was RJ's, and that stuff would cut you up if you ran your arm across it. However, Austin's bed and floorboard is pretty smooth and is a much different consistency than RJ's Jeep was.

That's why I question the statement that they are exactly the same.

eight
07-09-2003, 02:23 PM
The Herculiner I've used would not cut you. But it is definately different from what Austin has. Don't get the duplicolor, I have it, it sucks.

fbronco86
07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Herculiner is great. since you do it your self you can make it rough or smooth it depends on how to put it on. i have had it in the bronco for 4 years. I did the whole inside of the bronco for 75$ from sams. came with one gallon and a quart and brush thingy. the dupicolor stuff blows. i would do the herculiner.

bburris
07-09-2003, 05:38 PM
OK, I've figured out that Duplicolor is not the way to go. I said that originally. I just don't see how Herculiner and Durabak are the same EXACT product. If I can spray the Herculiner on and get it smooth and it won't be so rough I can't drive barefoot then I'll go to Sam's and get it. If no one can tell/show me that it is smooth enough for my tastes, then I want to know what Austin did to get the Durabak (which is supposed to be the same product) so smooth.

fbronco86
07-10-2003, 12:20 AM
you put it on like a thick paint. just smooth it out when you put it on. I used the roller they give you to put it on and then i used a paint brush to smooth it i think. or you can thin it out and it will smooth out when it dries.

BigRedFord04
07-10-2003, 03:22 AM
i got my durabak directly from the company in colorado. i think it was like $100 for a gallon of black and $120 for the gallon of tan that i used inside the cab. the stuff inside the cab i like a lot, but it got 5 coats b.c. i used the whole gallon. the bed i only used one gallon also and only got like 2.5 coats on the parts that need it and it came out a little thin. for the entire inside of the cab and the bed it took me like 6 hrs of prep work w/ a drill and sander attachment and some 60 grit pads. i like the stuff in the cab a lot, but the bed needs another gallon. it came w/ rollers and brushes and sh!t. their website is www.nonslipcoating.com and phone # is 303.690.7190 as always, its your decision, personally i like the durabak better b.c. i think the herculiner comes out too smooth. as for it being the exact same thing....no