PDA

View Full Version : Oba

CRaSHnBuRN
07-09-2003, 08:53 AM
I want OBA on my truck, and I've come up with these three options.

1. Keep my original compressor, and modify it. It doesn't have oil in it like a york, which means I need a inline oiler, and something to remove the oil later on. This setup isn't to much different from a york, just requires more to make it work and I must keep a closer eye on it to keep it from burning up.

2. Build a bracket and mount a york in the original ac comp's spot. More work and a little more cash, but then I have a self oiling york.

3. Put the AC system back in my truck, because heat sucks, and get a CO2 setup. My truck will retain the cab, so I can close it up and enjoy the AC or the heater.

What would you do? Is anyone in the club using the toy compressor? I remember Busa talking about setting one up.

eight
07-09-2003, 09:13 AM
I'd keep the a/c if everything still works. It gets too fawkin hot out there. I even tried to fix mine but every part needed to be replaced. A guy at llano had a CO2 tank with a cutting torch style regulator on it, and it seemed to work good for airing up tires.

CRaSHnBuRN
07-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, thats what landon thinks. I think I still have everything, and the only part that will suck is mounting up the condensor on the tube front end, but since I'm gonna keep the radiator in the front now I don't see why it would be to hard to make it work. I lean more towards keeping the AC everytime I think about it. My fat ass loves its AC a little to much.

Originally posted by eight
I'd keep the a/c if everything still works. It gets too fawkin hot out there. I even tried to fix mine but every part needed to be replaced. A guy at llano had a CO2 tank with a cutting torch style regulator on it, and it seemed to work good for airing up tires.

AgDieseler
07-09-2003, 09:25 AM
If you're only filling tires, then a 5-15lb tank with a no-gauge, 100psi regulator will set you back a little over $150, but it won't spin an impact.

CRaSHnBuRN
07-09-2003, 09:31 AM
I have no air tools right now, and if I've made it this far with out them I don't think I really need them

BMFScout
07-09-2003, 02:56 PM
do both, my friend Ryan has both on his Cherokee, just mounted a second sanden compressor right next to the original one, an idler between them, and a super long taurus serpentine. or quit being a wuss, it isn't that hot, it will be winter before you know it, and you have another truck anyway:D

bburris
07-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by BMFScout
... or quit being a wuss, it isn't that hot, it will be winter before you know it, and you have another truck anyway:D

That's my theory on things. It's how I've justified not worrying about the a/c on the Jeep for a while. If I need to go somewhere nice, I have Stef's car or my parent's trucks to use. That's also how I am now convincing myself that a radio isn't a necessity...

CRaSHnBuRN
07-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Winter? what the hell is that? Oh, I guess you mean that two weeks when it actually gets cold enough for a long sleeve shirt? :D

I thought about the two compressor idea, but everyone who I've seen do it to a toy ends up with the belt not making enough contact on the Toy compressor to really get the job done. Plus I trying to narrow up my front end, and I don't want this compressor just hanging out the side.