PDA

View Full Version : Springpack for the Mazda

Chadnutz
07-18-2003, 07:50 AM
I bought some 4" superlift suburban springs from David...

I planned on taking 2 of the 4 leaves out of the front and back, but the 4th leaf has the u thing rivetted onto it so keep the springs aligned. Are 3 leaves going to be too stiff? I do want to make a flat bed and of course my spare tire would be back there so at least I wouldn't have to worry about weight....

Same with the front... Out of 4 leaves and some weird 3/4" block leaf which ones should I keep?

eight
07-18-2003, 08:00 AM
2 leafs should get you some nice axle wrap. Try 3 at least on the rear. It was a bitch to get that clamp off on my yj packs.

I'f they're 2.5" wide I need 2 more leafs.

AgDieseler
07-18-2003, 09:09 AM
It sound like your talking about the 52" chevy springs. With 4 leaves stock, they were soft as hell, and most GM guys ended up with saggy butt syndrome, so 3 leaves should work well. It's also a PITA to undo hendricks clamps, so I would start with 3 leaves.

The front was a 5 leaf, and that wierd block is a zero rate addaleaf. I would pull the bottom two leaves from the front (the easiest to get off), and leave the addaleaf. Since it bolts into the pack, it's perfectly safe, and gives you height without spring rate.

BigRedFord04
07-19-2003, 05:21 AM
nix used suburban springs on the back of his truck. talk to him about what he thinks. i think we took 3 leaves out of the packs and it ended up being way too soft.