PDA

View Full Version : mini spool group buy

bburris
05-03-2002, 12:05 AM
ok, I got a mini spool for a Ford 9" from this guy on eBay today, and now through some correspondence, he has told me that he could arrange a group buy for some of us to get cheap mini spools. He has 28- and 31-spline. I got mine for $25 shipped to my house, but he can do a group buy for any of you people that may be interested. He can do two mini-spools shipped for $40 dollars. Three for $55. Four for $70. I assume it keeps getting a little better, but if any of ya'll are interested let me know here. After all this debate about detroits and spools I think I'm gonna run this for a while and see how it works before I upgrade axle shafts.
Any interest???

BigRedFord04
05-03-2002, 10:42 AM
I'll take one if you can get me 9" to go w/ it. :D

Krawler68
05-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Mini-Spools SUCK!!!!

BigRedFord04
05-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Krawler68
I SUCK!!!!

...we know doug, we know...

bburris
05-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Austin, there are a ****load of fullsize ford 9s in every junkyard I've been to, will the older style like Steven got go under your truck or are there major spring width differences....anyway, let me know guys, the guy wants to deal, so if you want something cheap here it is
Doug, how do you know they suck, have you personally wheeled with one, or are you going with the "He said, I've heard, I think" reasoning?

Krawler68
05-03-2002, 03:39 PM
I put a mini spool in the back of Josh Burch's Chevy 2500 with a D60 rear... it fawking sucked.... it flexed and acted REALLY wierd...we pulled it out that same week and welded the bitach up...it worked MUCH better... mini-spools offer no rigidity and still use the factory carrier... they're cheap I'll give them that.

spool
05-03-2002, 09:47 PM
If you are going to use a spool go ahead and get a full spool. I had a mini spool in my ford nine at first and it took less than a year to mess up my carrier and cross shaft.

StevenAg03
05-04-2002, 02:56 AM
dont listen to doug...josh birch has a Ford F250....doug just sucks his pecker every once in a while.....as for austins truck, a ford 9" is a direct swap for him....

again dont listen to doug....cause as he said...he sucks