PDA

View Full Version : Toyota guys...

Chadnutz
07-27-2003, 05:32 PM
How do I get the T-case off of the transmission? Do I have to take the rear cover off? I think I am going to ask this guy if I can pull the tranny and tcase and then separate them at the shop to make it easier on myself. The truck is sitting in some tall mosquito infested ass grass.

uglyota
07-28-2003, 11:32 AM
What tranny, what tcase? On the old yota ones I've done, it seems like I just took out a few long bolts (5 or 6) and it slid right out. Tranny output shaft's only an inch or so long, so you probably won't even need to take loose the shifter boots (might unscrew the knob, though), and it should be much easier than pulling the tranny and all--that's an awkward bench press, and the top bellhousing bolt is a biatch. Don't forget to support the tranny and pull the 4 stubby bolts on the underside of the x-member (this might actually be the problem). Does that truck have any more good stuff?

Chadnutz
07-28-2003, 01:18 PM
I got the front axle and front drive shaft off of it. I am fixing to get the t-case and the rear drive shaft. He has the rear third member already out, but the axle is gone. The body is in good shape but would need to be sanded down and painted. All the glass is good I think. The motor needs an overhaul. Something nested in the engine compartment and it is a mess.

It is a 73-83 model.

He has a 9" out of a car but he wants $400 for it.

He also has an early 80s Bronco complete with NP435, but a rusty body. Shall I run a propane 302 in the Mazda? ;) He wants $500 for it.

CRaSHnBuRN
07-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Yeah, like ugly said, there are 4 bolts on the crossmember, and six or so on the t-case. There may also be some wires as well as a speedo cable, and depending on where the shifter (top of tcase, or on back of tranny) is you may have to pull it, but that is probally a good idea anyway. All it take to pull the shifter is to pull up the little rubber boot and pop out the c-clip. Then everything should slide out like a charm (more like fall on your head :D )

As for the 302, perhaps you should finish up the SAS first :)

Chadnutz
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Hopefully the swap will be done this weekend, brakes or not...

I was kidding about the motor swap...

uglyota
07-28-2003, 03:25 PM
who you callin' ugly? Oh, yeah.
You wanna clip or hacksaw off the left vent window for me? $???
:cheers: ???
No, go ahead and buy the Bronc! you'll have the only SAS Mazda with a propane 302, NP435, and Toy RF1A combo!
Or maybe you should go for the whole toy drivetrain and propane that motor...I've got a head I can sell you!
Or maybe Chris is right...get the swap done;) (this is coming from a guy who took 6 months to do a tchain and motor swap)

Chadnutz
07-28-2003, 03:42 PM
It isn't on propane and it doesn't run.

redcagepatrol
07-29-2003, 08:41 AM
One of you guys NEED to buy my bed, it is getting cheaper - just get it out of Lynda's backyard!!!