05-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Pros and Cons of D44 Detroits:

Soft Locker
Gearless Locker
EZ Locker

Thanks

StevenAg03
05-07-2002, 02:11 AM
go EZ in the front.....you will never exceed the limits of one....

Jason
05-07-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
go EZ in the front.....you will never exceed the limits of one....

Those will rarely unlock in the front, if you are OK with not being able to turn, just weld the thing.

StevenAg03
05-07-2002, 11:54 AM
i have never had a problem with mine not unlocking. I can turn no problem, well i can turn no problem to one side due to the CHevy type steering that i have:D .

BMFScout
05-07-2002, 02:17 PM
steering sucks with an ez in the front, but they are cheap. It will steer, and unlock eventually, but it is pretty hard to get to do so most of the time, I get to do back up and go forwards lots of times. It is better than welding, but I am wanting a full case detroit for my front. Like I have previously mentioned do not try to drive with front wheel drive only with one, I almost ended up in somebodys living room, I turned the wheel and nothing happened and then it went POP and finally turned. Scary ****. go with the full case if you can afford it, if not use the drop in for awhile and then sell it on ebay for what you paid for it when you are ready to step up. You will get almost full price, Ebay is like the circus, there is a sucker born every minute. The ez locker is hella easy to install as well.

Chadnutz
05-07-2002, 02:37 PM
So soft or gearless?

StevenAg03
05-07-2002, 03:41 PM
maybe i have just been lucky with mine. My final axels will probably have a full detroit in the front and a spool in the back. Hell if i have a badarse job i might even get fancy and go ARB's.....:D :D

Krawler68
05-08-2002, 12:58 AM
aren't the gearless detroits a version of a limited slip? I think the Full case Detroit has been the Soft locker for a few years now...

Go softlocker

Chadnutz
05-08-2002, 03:06 AM
Easier said than done though. Now I just have to save the money.

Krawler68
05-08-2002, 08:09 AM
I haven't been there before... Hey just put it on a credit card or find someone who'll give it to you on contingency and then don't pay them for a year or so... :D