PDA

View Full Version : Calrocks at Katemcy the weekend of the 13th and 14th?

Doug Krebs
09-04-2003, 12:28 PM
I want to go watch and get ideas....any one interested in going???

chevsu
09-04-2003, 12:44 PM
busa and me are going on sat. we are going to make a day trip out of it.

jerryg79
09-04-2003, 02:00 PM
i'm still down, but mike is a puss:flipoff2:

BMFScout
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
I want to go, but I am a puss, might be a nice weekend to cruise the Scout though, hhmmmm, I'll think about it, I got this cool boy scout style pup tent I want to try out, you know the ones with barely enough room for yourself, just a pole on each end...it's hella sweet...

Doug Krebs
09-04-2003, 02:16 PM
why are you going to be a puss?? What else do you have to do?

Is that one of those tents where you get your self excited and you have a one pole tent??

jerryg79
09-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I heard jimmy is still embarassed to show his face at Katemcy because he was defeated in the tree climbing competition by doug.

By the way jimmy if you go im buying the beer, hell at 8.98 a 30 pack, i'll buy the beer for doug too.

BMFScout
09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
hell, at 8.98 a 30 pack I'm coming to college station with an 18 wheeler and bringing it back to plano to sell. I already have the dog for it, all I need now is a cool 70's winter ski vest, and cowboy hat. I think maybe I could get Fred to run interference, now we just need Sally Field to ride shotgun and do the hibbidy dibbidy with him...

Doug Krebs
09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Don't change the subject jimmy...... Answer the question!!!

jerryg79
09-04-2003, 04:03 PM
jimmy, we get home remind to smack yo mama right in the mouth

BMFScout
09-04-2003, 05:20 PM
for now I will say that I am out, that way if I show up you will be pleasantly surprised...:flipoff2:

redcagepatrol
09-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Lynda and I plan on going.

Cody - we are plannig on staying in SA that night, wanna pull our toys down there and play in the creek on Sunday?

fbronco86
09-05-2003, 01:29 PM
i might come down with jerry.

chevsu
09-06-2003, 08:25 AM
why don't we take our toys to the river. its closer to katemcy.

redcagepatrol
09-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by chevsu
why don't we take our toys to the river. its closer to katemcy.
because water and trucks don't mix and we wouldn't get a home cooked meal or a place to stay

chevsu
09-08-2003, 06:19 PM
i think that the nissan doesn't like a little water. make sure your mom makes plenty of treats for us to eat at the comp. sunday.

stinger7401
09-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by chevsu
make sure your mom makes plenty of treats for us to eat at the comp. sunday.

yeh cause i might be comin....:D

BMFScout
09-08-2003, 09:49 PM
so St.John is hell bent on coming now, so I guess I am in. The people that aren't staying in San Antone, where are you planning on staying. Are you planning on going Sat and Sun? I guess we could leave here sat morning really early and get there by 11:00 am but I would rather stay somewhere Friday night closer than Dallas. I take it we can't camp at Katemcy huh? Are the peeps from san antone going sat and sunday or just sunday? If I am driving that far I definitely want to hang out with you fawkers one of those nights and drink some 8.98 a 30 pack beer... :cheers:

jerryg79
09-09-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm thinking that everything around there is going to be packed (brady and mason hotels/rv parks) I vote we go back to Fredricksburg (around a 40-50 minute drive) and stay at either the KOA or Lady Bird Johnson Park. Me and mike and doug have stayed at both places and they are nice with showers and such. At lady bird you can usually get pretty drunk and rowdy and noone will bother you.

Both places are in or near Fredricksburg and we could get a hot meal as well in town. We could even stay at enchanted rock but that is a little more out of the way.

Anyway, just a suggestion, I will be busy all day tommorow so if someone wants to call the places in brady/mason and see if they have any openings, I'm cool with that. I have sent emails about availability to Lady Bird and to the KOA. I would prefer to camp just because it is cheaper and dont really have to worry about messing anything up when we get drunk and rowdy.

So far I'm assuming me, mike, doug, st. john, and big gay jimmy, what about fred or Flem?

Also I'm assuming Fri. and Sat. Night just so jimmy and st. john can be closer and cut down on early morning driving.

Let me know, I will stock up on cheap beer here in town tomm. after class.

BMFScout
09-09-2003, 01:08 AM
I think it may be Fred too and St. John's friend Bryce. I am not sure aobut Rob, he said he had to work Friday and may drive down afterwards, I don't know what time he gets out. How about it Flembo Baggins? I would call in sick, but that is just me...

How does camping in Llano work, closer to Dallas, and closer to Katemcy. I know we could just camp next to the river, but will the lifted Excursion make it to the spots where we can camp?

BigRedFord04
09-09-2003, 01:23 AM
i think anything with 4wd can make it to the campsite @ the slabs....nix pretty much proved that to me when he drove out there in 2wd running ZERO psi in the rear tires.

BMFScout
09-09-2003, 01:47 AM
yeah but do you have to go through water and all that stuff, or is it just sandy? If there is any chance of messing up the Excursion, we will need an alternative idea, it is his Dad's business truck.

BigRedFord04
09-09-2003, 02:13 AM
the water was down pretty far when we were there @ the beginning of last month, and it seemed like it rained a lot previous to our arrival. theres always a shallow spot, if you dont want water over the hubs, it can be done. i'd just suggest "scouting" it out with the driver of the explursion in your pass. seat to see what he thinks.

redcagepatrol
09-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by BMFScout
so St.John is hell bent on coming now, so I guess I am in. The people that aren't staying in San Antone, where are you planning on staying. Are you planning on going Sat and Sun? I guess we could leave here sat morning really early and get there by 11:00 am but I would rather stay somewhere Friday night closer than Dallas. I take it we can't camp at Katemcy huh? Are the peeps from san antone going sat and sunday or just sunday? If I am driving that far I definitely want to hang out with you fawkers one of those nights and drink some 8.98 a 30 pack beer... :cheers:

We were planning on watching sundays events and staying in SA on Sunday. Jimmy, talk to Troy - he was talking something about getting a trailer for him.

redcagepatrol
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Here is what I tallied up:

Me
Lynda
Busa
Cody
Nick
Lissa?
Burbach?

Krebs
Jerry
Mike
Jimmy
St. John
Fred?
Flem?

Top group is going to SA and bottom group is going to the slabs - all to meet at Katemcy arount 11:00 on Sunday. Sound about right?

fbronco86
09-09-2003, 08:48 AM
well doug, jerry and me are going to bring a 2wd truck thing. so getting to the campsite at the slab is gonna suck for us.

jerryg79
09-09-2003, 08:54 AM
yeah so i' not really down for camping at the slabs. Wouldnt mind going to sit in the river like we did last time, but my truck is not going across any rivers. And yes jimmy you would have to cross them at least twice that i know of and **** will drag too.

I'm thinking some place with facilities and showers, i'm old i dont need to rough it that much anymore.

how about a camp site in llano?

jerryg79
09-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by fbronco86
well doug, jerry and me are going to bring a 2wd truck thing. so getting to the campsite at the slab is gonna suck for us.

WTF is a two wheel drive truck thing? Is my truck that ****ty?

jerryg79
09-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Let's try to make a decision soon....and find out who is actually going.

I'm assuming that the jimmy, st. john, fred, etc. will want to go to the comps on Sat. and Sun.

Krebs, give me a call. Would you be able to cut out of work a little bit early so we could leave CS at around 5 or 6 on Friday. I also want to know your input on the camping situation.

Anyone else interested in going? How about you Kolpecki?

fbronco86
09-09-2003, 10:34 AM
yes all 2wd are crap. :flipoff2:

fbronco86
09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
yeah ryan you need to go I want to see this lakehouse and my carb on your boat.

BMFScout
09-09-2003, 12:03 PM
kopecky's lakehouse it is ;)
I found these redneck "fishing cabins" in Llano with pseudo facilities. If you guys are more familiar with Fredericksburg maybe we should just go there if the camping is easier to figure out. I've just never been to any of these places so I don't know.

Is the non-San Antone group just going on Sunday? I think St. John would be up for both days, If anything though I was thinking just saturday. Is it better on Sunday or something?

robertf03
09-09-2003, 12:39 PM
So is everyone leaving Friday? How long is the drive?

fbronco86
09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
jimmy jam i am not sure what the plan is. I am not sure how long we are gonna stay on sun. but i do know one thing there will be drinking involved.

jerryg79
09-09-2003, 01:48 PM
where the hell is krebs...i might be up for staying a little while on sun. i would want to leave by 2 or 3 though. I will have to consult with my other riders.

I think Fredricksburg sounds better, unless anyone else has some ideas. I got an email back from theguy at Lady Bird and he said that there is pleny of room.

Let's figure something out though

Doug Krebs
09-09-2003, 02:08 PM
I have 2 things i want to do.... so i might have to take my truck. I want to pick up a tranny/tcase and get my ring back. The tcase is on the way there, but I have to see when the guy is open.

Also, I already told the woman I would stay with her on Friday night. She might want to come with us though.... I could give a **** where we stay. Staying at katemcy doesn't bother me at all as long as we go to the river to wash off and drink some beer. I'm not sure about the work thing.

Doug Krebs
09-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Ok...here is the thread on the lone star board. Camping is 10 bucks for both nights there and is in the same location as always!!

Touch me baby one more time!! (http://www.lonestar4x4.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10740#10740)

BMFScout
09-09-2003, 02:34 PM
so let's stay at katemcy, we could rendevous in College Station Friday night since you fags are already there and less for us to drive on Friday night, then go up saturday morning. We could stay there saturday night, check out the comp for awhile on Sunday, then go our separate ways. How does that sound to you guys?

Doug Krebs
09-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Sounds good to me jimmy. Where the **** is Goss???

redcagepatrol
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Dang thats a good idea, we might have to something similar. Stay in CS on Friday, hang out with you guys - drive down to SA on Saturday morning, wheel our rigs, stay there, drive to comp on sunday morning, watch it, then drive home.

:cheers:

Doug Krebs
09-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Sounds good, I'll volunteer Lynda's house for another gathering:flipoff2: Hell I'll even bring another case of coors light!!

BigRedFord04
09-09-2003, 04:47 PM
no need to volunteer Lynda...we're having a little get together at our new place to break the b!tch in. 3 kegs and some "Swamp Frog"....a little family Lousiana recipe i got this summer gay-rone-teed to make your world a little better :D i'll post a map and directions in another thread of its own.

robertf03
09-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Just read that there is no wheeling except for the competition so don't bring a rig unless you are entering the deal. 11am start, so would there be any benefit to leaving Friday vs Sat morning?

jerryg79
09-10-2003, 08:11 AM
we're leaving sat. morning from college station

stinger7401
09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Hate to do this but I'm gonna have to cancel, my Great Uncle Richard passed away this morning and the funeral is on Saturday. Also on Sunday yours truly is being inducted into the National Society for Collegiate Scholars, so needless to say i can't make it.

BMFScout
09-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by robertf03
Just read that there is no wheeling except for the competition so don't bring a rig unless you are entering the deal. 11am start, so would there be any benefit to leaving Friday vs Sat morning?

Better leave the Jeep at the house huh Flem?:flipoff2:
If we went to college station and got hammered Friday night, then left on Saturday would be the only advantage...
:D

Doug Krebs
09-10-2003, 01:30 PM
yes getting hammered is the idea... plus when i camp i can't sleep past 7 or so anyways and the comp starts at 11

BMFScout
09-14-2003, 03:18 PM
It was a good time, I think fred has some pics. There was an avalanche built buggy there, (the one that looks like a liberty front end) and doug's idol with the magenta "EB" was there. There was also a team from some place in Mexico giving it hell in a CJ. Jason Larman was a crowd favorite, laying down a full throttle near roll with the new mustang motor. Some Jeep fag taught Jerry how to ride on the back of a jeep bumper, be sure to ask him all about it next time you see him. We even ran into the mastermind of Doug's EB there, Flem asked him straight up "What's the deal with that piece of ****?" After the Sat. comp we went to the river and ended up camping there. The rain came in about 8:00 this morning and we got the hell out of town. I doubt they run the competition today, it would be muddy and wet if they went through with it. I was somewhat dissapointed with the turn out. There was good wheeling action, but I expected more rigs like Lee Novikoff, and the avalnche rig than what was there. Seemed like more of a local comp then say Farmington, but I guess that is to be expected.

StevenAg03
09-14-2003, 10:22 PM
so what did brian have to say bout douds pile?

robertf03
09-14-2003, 10:39 PM
that he had a day and a half to do all the welding

aggielr
09-14-2003, 11:19 PM
they did run the comp today, and the action was ok, no rollovers or anything major that we saw

redcagepatrol
09-15-2003, 12:58 PM
my pics - nothing special...
http://www.offroadrepublic.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albun42&page=1

jerryg79
09-16-2003, 06:39 PM
scott, i think you captured the two most kickass things about the competition in this picture.

This guy's haircut rules, is it a mulhawk, or a mollet. We were in awe of him on saturday.

Also the guy in the gay ass cowboy hardhat in the background is the tool that welded on doug k's pile.:rainbow:

redcagepatrol
09-17-2003, 05:50 PM
that was my goal...

aggielr
09-17-2003, 05:55 PM
scott, there was no oops, it was just this stone cold, emotionless, like he didn't know what to say, "sorry bout that cone", man we were crackin up

redcagepatrol
09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I'll fix it...

aggielr
09-17-2003, 06:10 PM
:flipoff2:, so are you goin to make it to alto? i know the patrol wants to play in some mud