PDA

View Full Version : I wheeled the TJ today...

bburris
09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
For those of you that haven't ever gotten to see me wheel, here's something new.

For anyone that ever got to see me wheel my freshmen/sophomore years, and then knows that I've been trying to get the damned thing running right for the last year +, here's a teaser of what you will see when I get a trip scheduled with everyone.

here's the whole album (http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/muddin)

this is the highlight of the day (http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/muddin/Mvc_691v.mpg)

this my stupidity for the day (http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/muddin/Mvc_698v.mpg)

here's the little damage it did:
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/muddin/Mvc_705s.sized.jpg

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/muddin/Mvc_704s.jpg

AgDieseler
09-07-2003, 10:28 PM
nice air:flipoff2:

bburris
09-07-2003, 10:32 PM
I try...

stinger7401
09-07-2003, 10:35 PM
I think i'v only met you once Brett but that clip gives me the right to call you a TARD!!!!:flipoff2:

AgDieseler
09-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Erika's response after seeing that, was to say, "SPECIAL NEEDS!!!":D

J Cooper
09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
is that oso or charlies?

bburris
09-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by stinger7401
I think i'v only met you once Brett but that clip gives me the right to call you a TARD!!!!:flipoff2:

The clip of me? That's not retarded, that's WFO.:flipoff2: It's not the first time I've caught air, and I know it won't be the last. I think Paul summed it up in one of those clips when he said, "It's not like it's your [my] only vehicle."

I tried that hill the normal way about 6 times before I started getting pissed that I couldn't make the crest, and the fact that I didn't take my happy medicine this morning didn't help matters either. I lined up and gassed it, and caught what the rednecks called "GAWD DAMN THREE FAWKIN FEET UH AIR!"

It didn't feel like that much to me...

Cooper - that's Bill Whit Park near the industrial park close to Yorktown and Rodd Field.

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 07:01 AM
aka... oso creek park

bburris
09-08-2003, 12:41 PM
OK. We've been to about three places lately that are on the "Oso", so I don't really know. It was muddy stinky.

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 12:48 PM
yeah thats some nasty ****... you know thats salt water right? my jeep was rust free untill hanging out there for a couple months.

bburris
09-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I know how bad all that crap is on vehicles. Every one out there was missing body panels as a result of rust. Paul and I went straight to the car wash and soaked our vehicles down after we got tired of watching.

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 03:58 PM
good job, thats the best thing to do... but i bet if you go under your jeep right now there is a bunch of sand again... that **** SUCKS out there. but if you have any kind of painted on protection on the undercarage and axles **** it

bburris
09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
The underside of my Jeep is pretty rusty from playing on the beach in high school. I'm not too worried about it, but I do try pretty hard to wash everything out. I'll get back to the car wash in a few days to get the rest cleaned out. For now I'm just driving the truck and the Jeep is parked in the shade.

BMFScout
09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
I thought the beach would be a lot of fun, and it was, I drove into the ocean like on the commercials and everything, dug my axle to the frame in 2wd, and Garner even launched the Blackbird (a moment of silence please...) However, I will never take my truck back to the beach. I washed the **** out of it as soon as we got done, didn't matter. The tie rod ends, jam nuts, and everything else that was missing paint was rusted to ****. That was just one trip down Padre Island. I would be happy to go again and ride along, it was a lot of fun, but the salt sucks. The place you were at was salty mud? That sounds like my two least favorite kind of terrains. I would rather dent the **** out of my door then clean mud out, or have to deal with the rust...

bburris
09-08-2003, 04:47 PM
That's why you don't see pics of my Jeep hauling ass through the mud. I just sat back and watched the rednecks play and took pictures.

My preference was to try to jump the Jeep over a big hill in an attempt to break it in half.

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 05:02 PM
... my bad thats much better

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 05:04 PM
heres mine going over that same hill

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 05:05 PM
top... no jump

bburris
09-08-2003, 05:13 PM
You're down on the easy end there. We were crawling all over that hill, but there was a really harsh breakover right in the middle part of the hill. Pics of it should be up soon. The breakover was just enough that my suspension would droop and hit some dirt, but the skid plate and rockers were digging into the top, causing me to high center. The only reason I caught air was because I gassed it close to the top to try to get enough momentum to make the rear tires grab closer to the top and send me over the top.

J Cooper
09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
dont make me get out the rest of the pics or find the video... i know what your talking about, its pretty fun playing around on "the hill"

bburris
09-08-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm not playing anything down, it was all pretty fun, and that hill has some steep ****. That center section was just next to impossible unless you have the wheelbase of a Samurai, and the tires of a mud truck. I just wanted to say I did it since Blake couldn't.

TXsizeK5
09-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Ahh, that hill is cake....

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dc4x4/pic94.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dc4x4/pic96.jpg

***! Fun stuff.... good ole Corpus Christi.

Oh, this center section to the left? Billy went over that in his K30 in 2wd, i think.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dc4x4/pic97.jpg

bburris
09-18-2003, 10:19 PM
I was to the left of where that blue blazer is in the last pic. The hill goes up and crests at a really small angle. The only way to get over it without dragging or catching air is with about an 80" wheelbase and 12" of lift.

TXsizeK5
09-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Billy had a ramjet 502, 4.88's, 15" of lift and 44" boggers...Im not sure if he went over the middle or just where that blue blazer is going...

You gunna do anything crazy at Alto?

robertf03
09-18-2003, 10:41 PM
I went up a steep hill just like that yesterday in my truck.

It was the ramp to get to the 2nd story Galleria parking lot :flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TXsizeK5
Billy had a ramjet 502, 4.88's, 15" of lift and 44" boggers...

And a kickass money tree in his back yard!:flipoff2:

TXsizeK5
09-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Actaully, i think it was his dad who was serving in the military or some sort of governmental law enforcement sort of thing and died in service. In turn the government planted that money tree in his yard, he dropped out of HS and started working at a friend's mechanic shop, IIRC.

J Cooper
09-19-2003, 11:27 AM
billys a bitch.... :flipoff2: never said there was anything special about the famous oso hill... just something to do... i think ive taken my 2wd ford out there more than my jeep

jerryg79
09-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TXsizeK5
Actaully, i think it was his dad who was serving in the military or some sort of governmental law enforcement sort of thing and died in service. In turn the government planted that money tree in his yard, he dropped out of HS and started working at a friend's mechanic shop, IIRC.

I'm not really sure why i needed that rundown on billy's life, probably to make me feel bad, luckily i have no conscience so i conclude by saying:flipoff2:

TXsizeK5
09-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Naw, you said he had a money tree, so I was just saying how it got there... Not tryin' to make ya feel bad or anything.

I didn't really know him, so I dont know if he was a bitch or not...

anyway, we should make a run down to sea pines or big shell on padre islands... corpus is a nice town.