PDA

View Full Version : Llano weekend after next

BigLee
09-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Who all is planning on going, I would like to go but I need a tow, Allison has the truck and I cant leave her here with out anything to drive. So anybody that would like to go but dosent want to take their rig and cand tow me I would really appreicate it. I have a tow bar so we wouldnt need a trailer unless one of y'all has one and a tow rig that wants to tow me. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Ben97XJ
09-24-2003, 11:16 PM
I am planning on going. I am leaving with the Friday Night crowd.
Hopefully we can get a big group to go.

jerryg79
09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Grayson i heard you were going....possibly

You think you could hook me up with the rizide?

HULK-1
09-24-2003, 11:24 PM
hey my friend dillon (sunkin red s10) are planning on leaving fri night too. We just need to know where and when we r leaving.

Danny, big green shevy 3/4 ton with 6inch susp 3 inch body 36 hummer tires

fbronco86
09-25-2003, 09:56 AM
yeah i am gonna be heading out on friday as well. is anyone else gonne be leaving there tow rig in town? I want to leave it at a safe place.

plus i am gonna hope the tow rig will not break down.

BMFScout
09-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Is this the same weekend as Trailfest? I'm in TAMOR-North these days, need the info...

aggielr
09-25-2003, 10:24 AM
naw, its the weekend before trailfest

clayton is oct 10-12

eight
09-25-2003, 10:26 AM
It's the weekend after trailfest.

Mike, I'll be taking the dodge out to eagle rock. Don't know if there is any safe place in town anyway. People have always just left their tow rigs by the highway.

J Cooper
09-25-2003, 10:53 AM
ill be heading out with the friday group also with robert morgan

Mud King
09-25-2003, 12:28 PM
I plan on going with the Friday night crowd. Gonna try not to screw up stuff this time.

TXsizeK5
09-25-2003, 01:33 PM
What date exactly is it?

I'd like to leave friday night and camp too...who all is going and what time ar eyou guys leaving? what kinda stuff should be bring, i haven't been camping in a while.

Graystroke
09-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'm Leaving on Friday. Jerry, if you need a ride give me a call. Maybe we can share a tent ;)
AS FOR THE DATE: I thought it was OCT 3 (friday)- OCT 5(sun

TXsizeK5
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
What time are you guys leaving friday ngiht? Does anyone have extra tent space, or an extra tent, or should I buy stuff?

I heard Austin's gunna be the leader of the pack since he grew up there... what time is he leaving?

eight
09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
We're not gonna be very organized on leave times yet, still got 8 days. We should have a good idea on about wednesday.

What should you bring? Tools, jacks, oil, beer, water, food, ass whipe, chairs, axe. I'll bring a BBQ pit so we can cook something like burgers, sausage, hot dogs, etc., as long as people keep **** (tires, plastic, cans) out of the fire. And seeing as your blazer is built about like doug's, extra 10 bolt axle shafts. :D, seriously. Axle and drive shaft u-joints, and since you have to drive home, a spare rear drive shaft.

Hey Krebs, you gonna show up? Or did you quit wheelin? :flipoff2:

BigLee
09-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Well I found out that I dont have the money to get the Jeep 4wd by that weekend, and really cant afford gas if i coulf get it together. So all of y'all have fun and drink a few cold ones for me.

Jackasic
09-28-2003, 09:17 AM
I think I will just have to make this one. Might as well go once before they close it all down.

Oh, and BTW for all of you Newbies:

Real Rigs Drive Home - no trailer queens!

Jordn284
09-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, i might head out there if i can.. not sure if there is a game that weekend ro not.. if anyone wants me to tow them, and thinks im capable, let me know, and i'll do what i can, if not, i'll ride w derek or soemthin. im sure that this place is way to insane for my rig..unless it has trails like alto, i survived those thankfully.. but mud no more for me.. i cant deal with the cleaning..... mud is the devil!

BigRedFord04
09-29-2003, 12:06 AM
the truck on the main tamor page only had 2wd for the entire weekend that that picture was taken due to mismatched gears f/r. He also aired down to ZERO psi in only the rear tires and aired the fronts up to ~40psi for less drag. he made it to the main camping area which you could do if you really wanna have your truck out there, but you wont wanna try much further than that.

Tariqui
09-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Dont forget to email me your info just doing my job :flipoff2:

fbronco86
09-29-2003, 06:46 PM
I think i might have a open back seat.

fbronco86
09-29-2003, 06:52 PM
also for the newbies check the weather before you head out on a trip. this weekend looks really nice. highs in the lower 80's and lows in the 60's at night. 20% chance of rain. might want to check this again on thursday just to make sure. also we are going to the llano river but in the town of kingsland, texas. Just to clear up a few things.

TRDyota
09-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Jamey and I'll be headed out there this weekend, but what time is the saturday group leaving?

Tariqui
09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
List of people going (info and seen safety video):

Ryan Kopecki
Grayson

eight
09-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, we need more that just us 2 to go. So, I'll pay yall's admission.

Doug Krebs
09-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by eight
We're not gonna be very organized on leave times yet, still got 8 days. We should have a good idea on about wednesday.

What should you bring? Tools, jacks, oil, beer, water, food, ass whipe, chairs, axe. I'll bring a BBQ pit so we can cook something like burgers, sausage, hot dogs, etc., as long as people keep **** (tires, plastic, cans) out of the fire. And seeing as your blazer is built about like doug's, extra 10 bolt axle shafts. :D, seriously. Axle and drive shaft u-joints, and since you have to drive home, a spare rear drive shaft.

Hey Krebs, you gonna show up? Or did you quit wheelin? :flipoff2:

**** it I'm coming!!!! Went to the barn today and started working on it. Hooked the optima up after 2 months of sitting and it fired right up!!! Drove it around first to make sure everything was working decent, shot some mud on the cows!!

Resealed the hub on the 14 bolt, took the tie rod and drag link off, both need to be replaced. Organized camping stuff and tools. Hopefully tommorow I'll get a junkyard tierod ( I'm canadian and hopefully it will get a 60 within a year so i'm not buying a new one) and go to vato zone and get the drag link warrantied. Then I need to change the oil, top off the fluids and load it up.

I'll probably take a half day on friday so I can get to college station and leave that night. When do ya'll want to leave?? The earlier the better...

I can lead a pack, god knows I've been there enough, so could Kopecki or Knoeller I believe...

Graystroke
09-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I plan on leaving friday. Ordered a new starter solenoid and brake pads today. They're comming all the way from Vermont! Three dayed so they'll be here on Thursday. Just got done pulling my axle shafts and replaced the rear wheel seals (leaking badly). I think I had the wrong ones in there b/c they were toast. Pads all soaked too. Dug out my free! (past perk for working for LR) double cardon driveshaft from a Disco II and am planning installing that tommorrow.
Kopecki, you still have that sawsall. Could I borrow it. I want to remove the self leveling crap from under my truck (a big 4" DIA shock that make my truck pogo).

BMFScout
09-30-2003, 02:21 AM
holy ****, just a week away, and the race is on to get the ****piles running!! I wish I had the money to pay for gas to get my ****pile there, Gilmer got called off this weekend because of some:rainbow: equestrian event...

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 03:18 AM
hey krebs should you go ahead and drop the gas tank a couple of times?

PS special thanks to whoever called my house at 3am this morning, I officially can not go back to sleep

Fredo
09-30-2003, 03:28 AM
damn, that sucks jerry. Maybe it was Stuart Cox calling to wish you a happy Bday. :D

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Graystroke
I plan on leaving friday. Ordered a new starter solenoid and brake pads today. They're comming all the way from Vermont! Three dayed so they'll be here on Thursday. Just got done pulling my axle shafts and replaced the rear wheel seals (leaking badly). I think I had the wrong ones in there b/c they were toast. Pads all soaked too. Dug out my free! (past perk for working for LR) double cardon driveshaft from a Disco II and am planning installing that tommorrow.
Kopecki, you still have that sawsall. Could I borrow it. I want to remove the self leveling crap from under my truck (a big 4" DIA shock that make my truck pogo).

hey grayson, give me a call if you require some assistance fixing your pos. I have been known to drink beer and hold down a chair like no other.

:cheers:

PS I call shotgun

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Fredo
damn, that sucks jerry. Maybe it was Stuart Cox calling to wish you a happy Bday. :D

oh i *69ed there ass but to no avail, maybe it was stuart calling for a booty call.

that ends my hijack:flipoff2:

fbronco86
09-30-2003, 03:49 AM
josh i sent you a pm with my info. and the safty video i have seen

jmancuso
09-30-2003, 06:09 AM
Hey I will go too if kopecki is paying my admission

eight
09-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Yea, this more like it. All yall needed was free admission. :D

Yea Grayson, I got that sawzall sitting in my living room. The blade's kind of worn. It might cut it, or you might want to get a new one. 571-1460.

Doug Krebs
09-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Snatch Adams
hey krebs should you go ahead and drop the gas tank a couple of times?

PS special thanks to whoever called my house at 3am this morning, I officially can not go back to sleep

Or I could just drop the engine and replace it:flipoff2: :flipoff2: or sell it after I just got done lifting it :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
Or I could just drop the engine and replace it:flipoff2: :flipoff2: or sell it after I just got done lifting it :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

sorry that said something else early this morning not related at all to you, that i had to change.....turns out i was cranky

PS....you could do both of those things and say **** it and be practical and just by a semi:flipoff2: :D

Chadnutz
09-30-2003, 09:51 AM
jackass.....

I hope you don't carry spares so I can laugh at you as you scramble for a tow home some day.... :flipoff2:

Your logic merely tries to make up for your lack of a tow rig!

Doug Krebs
09-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
jackass.....

I hope you don't carry spares so I can laugh at you as you scramble for a tow home some day.... :flipoff2:

WTF are you trying to say???

BMFScout
09-30-2003, 10:16 AM
he was referring to brandon saying that real rigs drive home, try the quote button next time nutz...

BMFScout
09-30-2003, 10:35 AM
they are only a little over 4000lbs coldpecker, and you are just jealous b/c your jeep comes with axles that aren't good enough for anything but cruising around town like a frat-boy, and sometimes I think they are marginal even then.

Thought I would add this in as well, just saw it:

In November of 1977, a Scout S.S. II driven by Jerry L. Boone of Parker, Arizona, finished first among 4WD production vehicles in the Baja 1000 -- one of the most challenging of all off-road competitions. Boone crossed the finish line almost two hours ahead of his closest competitor -- a Jeep CJ7. Boone completed the run in 19 hours and 58 minutes.

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 11:23 AM
enough of yall's bitching about whos rig is gayer......let's get to the important stuff, food and beer.

I'm sure me, mike, and jessica will be going in for food and beer if anyone else wants in, just let me know.

grayson i'll pay for yours since you are letting me ride.

uglyota
09-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Since he put that cam in, the VeeDub's got mad torque!:flipoff2:

fbronco86
09-30-2003, 01:19 PM
i am gonna have to come out of the closest and say my rig is the gayest. thanks:rainbow:

fbronco86
09-30-2003, 01:29 PM
doug when are you gonna get into town. I would like to leave a decent time cause i have put the 37's on the bronc. I would like to do this in the day time.

grayson do you want to travel with us.

Also Jimmy M what place are you staying at? I was gonna ask the guy if i could leave my rig in your hotel parking lot. thanks:cool:

Graystroke
09-30-2003, 02:07 PM
grayson do you want to travel with us.

I'll travel with you. What time do you want to leave. My last class lets out at 1:30 p. I'd like to get there when its still light so we can see and set up camp. I'll bring the gasoline lantern :D again. who's bringing firewood so we don't have to walk around half the night looking for some.

Tariqui
09-30-2003, 05:00 PM
List of people going (info and seen safety video):

Ryan Kopecki
Grayson
Mike Knoeller
Jessica Brick
Jerry Goss

Chadnutz
09-30-2003, 05:22 PM
do I have to watch that video again?

TallAgXJ
09-30-2003, 05:32 PM
I sent you an email and said i was going with a passenger.... figure its about time i make it to a trip

Jackasic
09-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Chadnutz, your ability to miss the blatantly obvious never ceases to amaze me. If you had been on more than just a trip to the river (which amazingly, you almost need a tow home from - now that is skills brother), you might know the joys of driving your rig there.

It is more an issue of perception, I have been through and through my Scout and know it's capabilities and limitations. That allows me to have a better understand of what it is capable of and provide enticement to drive it in a wiser manner. By setting and know my limits, I save myself a lot of grief on and off the trail. A good life lesson if you are willing to learn it.

That, and driving your rig to the trail is just that more ethereal and makes one look cool :D All the old school wheeler's have been there, done that, and have bought the shirt (be sure to check it out Saturday ;) ) Only :rainbow:'s start out trailering their rigs :flipoff2:

fbronco86
09-30-2003, 06:44 PM
WTF are you talking about? Scouts are gay. Nobody likes them but jeep people for the axles. haha

Also my trail rig would make it to the trail any day of the week. I just choose to sit in the a/c. Also I have to comfort of being able to make it home. Which in turn lets me wheel my truck harder than if I drove it to the trail.

BMFScout
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
except for when your ****ty f*rd breaks down...:flipoff2:

Chadnutz
10-05-2003, 09:02 PM
I've been to the river 10 times and to Gilmer and Cibilo and I didn't need a tow home. When my steering shaft popped loose I was ****ting bricks because I thought I broke something and was 4 hours from home. I'd rather not have that on my mind when I'm trying to play. Notice how you are the only die hard RRDH pusher around?

"real rigs" don't get pushed to their limits
"real rigs" don't get their drivers home when broken
"real rigs" aren't as capable

to each his own...

BMFScout
10-05-2003, 09:10 PM
I drove mine too and From Clayton, and wheeled the piss out of it while there, ask anyone in attendance. I would venture to say mine is pretty damn capable, and will be more so after the fi swap. I think Scott's is damn cool cause he can still cruise it. What good is a truck you can only drive on the trail once a month or so.

AgDieseler
10-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Notice how you are the only die hard RRDH pusher around?
Actually, you can add me to that list. I do like the ability to drive to the trail with all my stuff, wheel a little, camp, and drive home. It keeps things simple and inexpensive.

It's just a matter of tradeoffs. You traded IFS for the simplicity and strength of a solid axle. I trade cargo space for the inability to fit down tight trails.:)

Here's to the wheeler that can maintain their truck, do upgrades from time to time, and keep a level head on the trail. Not to mention making passing grades!

Chadnutz
10-05-2003, 10:02 PM
That's why this sport is great...

So many options.

BMFScout
10-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jackasic
I think I will just have to make this one. Might as well go once before they close it all down.

judging from the pics, it looks like Real Rigs hang out in the Cen-tex all weekend while the owner works?

JB
10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Jackasic

posted by Brandon in the old Spring Break thread...

i'm in and I will probably trailer the bizach.
about halfway down...http://www.tamor.org/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1082&perpage=15&highlight=trailer&pagenumber=2

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: