PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this?

jmancuso
09-28-2003, 07:28 AM
New Off Road Park (http://www.uvaldeleadernews.com/story5.shtml)

jerryg79
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
wow.....

they dont want it because their "neighborhood" will lose all of its peacefulness....

what a bunch of homos

AgDieseler
09-28-2003, 02:39 PM
What's the land like down there?

Chadnutz
09-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Our trip to Mason was no where near as noisy as a country highway can be. I saw no erosion. I saw money being put into their meager ass economy. Places where people pay to play have rules that are enforced and they are so much better to have the forcing people to illegally off road to get their kicks....

idiots.

eight
09-28-2003, 09:11 PM
I thought that's the best newspaper article on the subject of wheeling places I've ever seen. They didn't only publish opposition, but let our side be heard too.

robertf03
09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
i'll bet the real reason they are against it is so no one busts all the meth labs those small towns are famous for and who knows what other illegal **** happens over there that state wide recognition would put a stop to.

AgDieseler
09-29-2003, 02:49 PM
So...what's the land like? Is it mostly dirt for trails like Gilmer, rocks like Katemcy, mud like Alto?

Chadnutz
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Uvalde is rocks and dirt...

jmancuso
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
this is hill country, very steep hills with rocks..... very good deer hunting too

BMFScout
09-29-2003, 06:50 PM
I got the TMTC newsletter today, there was an article in there about this land area. The property owners around this area think that it is "too small" (2200 acres) and that it was too "rugged" to drive vehicles on. Both of those sound promising to me if the guys that know nothing of our hobby think that the land is impassable, sounds like what we are looking for... There might be a public hearing about this land in the near future to decide if it will open up or not, I am for being there, that is just one long ass way to drive to attend a public hearing. However, if it was on a weekend, and we could swing by and do some wheeling where Jimmy and Vernon go...