PDA

View Full Version : my new tow rig...

redcagepatrol
09-30-2003, 12:27 AM
this rig is parked in front of RSI (racing solutions inc.) here in Houston near the shop where I built the Patrol.

camera doesn't take good pics in the dark...

redcagepatrol
09-30-2003, 12:30 AM
the trailer...

Shaggy
09-30-2003, 12:48 AM
i want one of those... looks about 50+ years salary at my pay

Fredo
09-30-2003, 02:05 AM
very pimp setup. I think everyone should have one. :)

stinger7401
09-30-2003, 02:15 AM
that looks like the same rig that Ornge county choppers just bought, 70' trailer

jerryg79
09-30-2003, 03:15 AM
oh jesus, dont get krebs started

Doug Krebs
09-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Snatch Adams
oh jesus, dont get krebs started

just you wait... 18 wheeler here I come

Graystroke
09-30-2003, 11:52 PM
here's my idea:
Nice Pete classic, w a small sleeper just to take my naps. But, w/ wicked pissa HP so I can pull those long Colorado Mountain passes.

As for the trailer.....drum roll please...
Get an old Mayflower moving van, 53'.
In the front would be the living quarters. In the middle by the big side doors would be the sudo machine shop complete with press, gas powered welder, torch, drill press, air compressor, tools, etc.

In the back is where the rig would sit.

I already have my class A license and I've opened a new savings account...I mean coin jar. :flipoff2:

eight
10-01-2003, 12:04 AM
I had always pictured mine more like the one Scott posted but with about a 25' tongue pull utility trailer/car hauler behind it. But now I'm thinking I like Grayson's idea better.

redcagepatrol
10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by eight
I had always pictured mine more like the one Scott posted but with about a 25' tongue pull utility trailer/car hauler behind it. But now I'm thinking I like Grayson's idea better.

While the truck I posted looks damm cool, I bet it sucks to drive. The tractor is WAY too long to be able to back up the trailer. My Dodge is long enough - it takes forever for the truck to start pivoting while backing a trailer.

Imagine having to back that into a tight 90 degree space (one lane rd with 90 degree alleyway) - it would be impossible. The time and distance it would take to go from a 90 degree jacknife position to back straight would suck! I could just see the front of the truck falling off into a ditch or hitting a building/fence.

just my $.02
Keep one thing big, and one thing small. If you need living space, put it on the trailer.

eight
10-01-2003, 09:12 AM
OK, good idea Scott. Don't worry, I haven't started yet.

Doug Krebs
10-01-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm seriously looking into doing this in a few years... I want to stretch the rig though. I'm not talking a luxorious RV just enough room for a shower, little kitchen and a queen bed. Only reason is so i'd have an RV for anything else i want to do...

The other option is to build the RV in the front of a trailer like the other post I just made and then by a 5th wheel for other times I want an RV.

Here is the link, the title may sound like a joke...
Rig of the white trash Junk Yard (http://tamor.org/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2705)

redcagepatrol
10-01-2003, 10:22 AM
pic of a tow rig from the TDR (turbo diesel register) for the newbies - he sent me an email:

he motorhome isn't one of those "high dollar" rigs you se on the road. It is a home built unit, that although it is not the prettiest thing, IT IS VERY FUNCTIONAL!!! Although it is owned by one person in our group, we all pitch in to keep it maintained and going... I included a picture of it parked in Alto.

Mason is GREAT. I think the play area is small, but the terrain is great and the people that own it are even "greater". Doug, is the guy with the white jeep, if I recall correctly. He was a very nice guy. I have never left behind so much of my boggers as I did in Mason. That granite is hard on tires. I think I left a couple of pounds of ground rubber trying to get up baby Huey's crack. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get up. I really did give it hell. I think next time, I am going to start from the higher area on the left as you approach. That 4 foot higher area looks like it lines you up better. I tried from the lower area, and the turn to the right in the middle of the crack stopped me every time. Have you gone up this, if so which approach did you take???

Have you ever been to South Dakota??? There is a land cruiser meet there the end of July and the pictures I have seen of it makes it look very hard core. Lots of 4+ trails in a scenic area. Any experiences there, please let me know.

I live in the middle of town in the Heights, but the shop is located on the north side of town near spring (actually off of 1960 and hardy tool road
area) Again it is nothing special, but a 60 x 100 shop with overhead crane and a car lift is always nice in my book.

Here are few pictures of my blue jeep, one is in Mason, the other is a good view of the underside. The is also a pic of my buddy's cherokee. The roll bar tubing he had ordered came in the weekend after the rollover.

Ps. We all also have 4-wheelers and do that locally almost every weekend. If any of you have those, we should get together soon... the 4 wheeler pic isn't me, but we all have snorkels on our atv's...

redcagepatrol
10-01-2003, 10:23 AM
his rollover in spring creek

redcagepatrol
10-01-2003, 10:25 AM
his jeep

AggieMudder
10-01-2003, 02:33 PM
One of our customers back home has got one of those rigs. Its a pretty nice way to roll but not near as cool as the bus he just bought. Its pretty much like your typical rock star tour bus, and has virtually everything in the world on it. If only I had that kind of money to blow, I could have some really cool toys. :D