PDA

View Full Version : the new Jackasic ride.....maybe

Jackasic
05-11-2002, 01:36 AM
here is a link to the pics. see what you guys think.

new GTI (http://www.pbase.com/jackasic/new_337)

robertf03
05-11-2002, 01:55 AM
gay

looks like a foreign ford focus

Jackasic
05-11-2002, 08:04 AM
a ford focus is forein you twit. they are made in Europe, but some how I think you knew that.

The pile-o-parts on this thing is way sweet, check out this link for more info. People have dynoed it and they are finding that it put out 180 HP at the wheels, so that is about 200 at the crank.

more gti info (http://www.vwvortex.com/news/02_02/02_27/index.shtml)

Cajun
05-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Pretty sweet ride, but I don't dig the weird 2 tone paint. ;)

Also, those Recaro seats don't really fit in with that car. I think they'd look much better in, say, my Jeep:D

Seriously, nice car. I bet it's a kick in the *** to drive.

BigRedFord04
05-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Just for seriously considering that...

davido
05-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Two words for ya... car payment.

Sweet *** car though. If you buy it, I'll drive it. Or if nothing else, we're taking your ride to lunch from now on. :D

StevenAg03
05-12-2002, 10:41 PM
looks kind of small to me....kind of along the lines of an accord in size

that means no bueno in head and leg room

Jackasic
05-12-2002, 11:18 PM
yea, i'm a not to stoked on the payment, but not much choice on that one. the one bug-a-boo might be that I am self employed and have never bought a car before.

Ironicaly my employies can show employment because I pay them. But that logic does not work for me. what a scam.

Dave, if I get it, I will gladly be be the designated lunch driver. But with my current work schedual, it may only be on weekends. oh well.

Steve, I think you will be supprised. German cars tend to have more leg room that their jap counter parts. even though it is small, i still don't feel clautrophobic in it and don't look throught the top third of the front window like a Honda. Then again, I am pretty biased.

AGRVR
05-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Jack,

You've been talking about one of these for far too long...suck it up and get it. Either you really will love it or you'll hate it and take the hit and go to something else next. You know I'm on your side, I'm a sucker for those Eurotrash cars...

Kevin ex-Merc driver, ex-bmw driver, ex-volvo driver yada yada

davido
05-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AGRVR
Kevin ex-Merc driver, ex-bmw driver, ex-volvo driver yada yada

Don't forget future former Audi owner.....:D

Jackasic
05-13-2002, 05:26 PM
to all you haters, I am heading over to pick it up!!!! Just in time for the John Eagle Driving School Saturday.:D :D :D :D :D

Cajun
05-13-2002, 05:39 PM
SWEET!!!

BMFScout
05-16-2002, 12:42 AM
I saw it, it kicks ***, the seats hug you tighter than something I can say on a bbs that my g/f reads, but it has to do w/ a honey pot...

redcagepatrol
05-16-2002, 07:18 AM
You need the Diesel, they are way cooler.
My boss has one, he is 6'4 and he got it because it has more room than most cars and gets like 50 mpg.

Jackasic
05-16-2002, 07:48 PM
Ah, ok. Unfortunately a diesel is slow and handles like "a canoe full of water on stilts". Not exactly what I was looking for. I do love it though it is way fly. Thanks for all who have posted their comments, it is really a fun car to drive. Fast and it handles like it is on rails.

Dang Brune, if I knew this is what sex was like, I would have gotten one sooner.:D Can't wait till I get a grand on the clock, so I can open her up and see what she will do. Kept on the bumper of a 4.6 GT the other night and I was not pushing it all the way. Man those things must be dogs.
:rolleyes:

robertf03
05-16-2002, 08:09 PM
heck yeah those 4.6 GT's are dogs. blew the doors off one in my parents 2000 maxima a week or so ago on the way home from skool

StevenAg03
05-16-2002, 09:35 PM
kinda like we beat the **** outa that ricer car during cristmas break???? or that girl that flipped us off?

as for the car....where are the pics of it???

BMFScout
05-16-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Jackasic
Kept on the bumper of a 4.6 GT the other night and I was not pushing it all the way. Man those things must be dogs.
:rolleyes:

Fred beat one on with a bottle the other day, yes they are dogs, but that is implied by the blue oval on the hood...

Krawler68
05-17-2002, 08:01 AM
was it a sneaky pete or some equally worthless bottle setup? Modular motors aren't bad, just underutilized from the factory... a few tweaks here and there and you have a solid 12 second car... more money and they'll run easy 11's...

BMFScout
05-17-2002, 11:33 AM
well it was a saleen w/ a nitrous express system, I don't know what exactly it was running, but it couldn't handle more than a hundred shot stock. The 4.6 is a dog, the 2003 cobra is supercharged and is going to make a whopping 390 horse, you put a supercharger on a LS-1 and you make 470 horse. It is amazing what displacement will do for you. I would like to see this mustang you speak of that "easily" runs 11's on a 4.6 motor. The S351 yes, it is fast, the S281 not so much. Saleen's site says it has 285 HP, that sounds a little high, but whatever, and it has 3.27 gears. Lets say it had a 100 shot, so that puts it at 385 hp, now the site did not specify if it was rwhp or flywheel but either way Fredo has around 325 rwHP and 4.10's, and shifts like a pissed off army sergeant. That makes for a good race, one that fred happened to win.

mark
05-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Jackassic needs to add a wing to the GTI. Personally I like the flying nun look. Don't forget the type R:

-Mark

robertf03
05-18-2002, 12:09 AM
the car looks good, but what I'm wondering is when did the whole hatch back thing start to get popular? I noticed today those things are almost outnumbering the suv's around here

maybe I need to start lookin for a gremlin, the hatchback with balls