PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Assist + Lincoln OR Just a Detroit in Front?

Chadnutz
10-05-2003, 10:09 PM
tia

JB
10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
My welded front sucked, couldn't turn at all on the trail. I would not suggest it.

Chadnutz
10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
So I hear....

Detroits wratchet forward right?

eight
10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
I contemplated this a few months ago.

I can turn OK with mine. No assist yet but I turned up the pressure. I also have a very small scrub radius. With a detroit you'll probably want assist anyway. So just weld it and put assist. I think that's what Scott is running.

redcagepatrol
10-06-2003, 07:06 AM
yes, that is all I could afford during the build up. I would like to put detroits Front and Rear when someone gives me $1000.

I don't have any problems with turing the tires, just turing the tires fast sucks. I think that I would put the detroit in the rear first though. The locked rear sucks more in turning than the locked front. The "one tire having to slide" in the rear during turning really kills it...

CRaSHnBuRN
10-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Welded front sucks, but like someone said, a detriot probally isn't much better. Definitely go hydro assist. I'm hoping to add this before christmas.

Also, as a side note, if you're running longfields or some other beefed up birf, you really don't want to run a locker unless its a selectable one (or solid). The reason being is toy lockers were designed with the weak birfield in mind. Now with the weak link removed, the breakage point goes up, and so does the amount of whiplash that goes with it, which kills nonselectable lockers (detriots, lockrights) for some reason. Spools, arbs, e-lockers, and welded fronts do not seem to have this same problem, most likely due to the lack of that racheting device. Read up on it at PBB. Alot of people are killing detriots with these things, and I know busa killed whatever he had in his front when he broke an axle shaft at k-rock.

redcagepatrol
10-06-2003, 11:55 AM
it was my old detroit... Makes for an expensive break

Chadnutz
10-06-2003, 12:28 PM
So is a well-welded diff stronger than a detroit?

BigRedFord04
10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
they're just saying the welded diff is better than a detroit in a 'yota axle b.c. welding doesnt allow any ratcheting, which is what breaks birfields. weld it up, you should get hydro assist either way. spend the $$ on that and some welding rods.

Doug Krebs
10-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
they're just saying the welded diff is better than a detroit in a 'yota axle b.c. welding doesnt allow any ratcheting, which is what breaks birfields. weld it up, you should get hydro assist either way. spend the $$ on that and some welding rods.

Any detroit that suffers a bad axle break usually gets messed up some how.

AgDieseler
10-06-2003, 04:30 PM
As soon as Ryan get's the old Detroit mounted, it will be on display at Rudy's for all to see.

CRaSHnBuRN
10-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
Any detroit that suffers a bad axle break usually gets messed up some how.

correct, thats why warn hub fuses suck, they change breakage points, creating whiplash, which kills the racheting mechanisms