PDA

View Full Version : Newest member of the BMF klan

BMFScout
05-16-2002, 12:35 AM
We have acquired another member to our family of scouts. This time it is a 1967 Scout 800 we have dubbed "Herman" He is definitely not much to look at, but rust free. The p.o. (previous owner) made the hard top into a "carrera" style top complete with latches. It has axles, a 3 spd, transfer case, but no engine. I think the rear is an early style 44 and the front is a closed knuckle 27 maybe? We might use this body to put onto a Scout II frame, or we might just sell it to someone who wants to **** with it. All I wanted was the twin sticks on the dana 18 t-case to make my dana 20 a twin stick setup. Fred will post some pics of it in all its glory next week sometime. The price was hard to beat, free.99, my friend even had col' beer waiting for us when we picked it up, helluva deal. BTW, if anyone is counting that makes 5, one of which drives at the moment, that's why they say Scouts: betcha can't own just one :)

BMFScout
05-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Here is me taking Herman for a cruise

BMFScout
05-22-2002, 12:53 PM
I call this one "Herman at Sunset"

Cajun
05-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Hmmm...

How much work is it to put this body on, say, a '76 Scout II frame?

And if you were to sell it to, say, a fellow club member whose wife has a thing for Scouts, how much would you want for it?

And would you be interested in a Scout II body for a partial trade?

BMFScout
05-22-2002, 02:31 PM
I don't think it would be that hard to put a Scout on a
Scout II frame. They are essentially the same wheelbase, so fabbing up some body mounts and shortening the rear of the frame. That also means a fuel cell. I think it would be cool b/c you get all of the cool Scout II running gear, and the "style" of a Scout. If the body you are wanting to trade is rust free, we can definitely talk. email or pm me about it.

Cajun
05-22-2002, 02:53 PM
You've got mail