PDA

View Full Version : Fight over closure of Imperial Sand Dunes in Cali

Graystroke
10-23-2003, 11:20 AM
...just saw a report on Fox News about the closure of the Imperial Sand Dunes in California. What it boiled down to was that environmentalist have been chipping away at closing down sections of the park in the past years and now want to shut the whole thing down claiming that 4X's and ATV's are damaging an endangered plant called the desert milkweed. In the past the enviro's had sued the federal gov't on behalf of the weed and won, claiming that the off-roaders were going to cause an extinction of the plant.
Here's the funny part: The off-road clubs hired their own team of scientist to perform a study, the scientist determined that the 4X's and ATV's have NOT caused any damage to the plant and in fact, have helped the proliferation of the plant by scattering the seeds! The plant had increased in numbers (in the non-closed part) to the point that it was no longer endangered!
What's Stupid: The Parks and wildlife agreed w/ the study and even told the judge at the hearing...and the stupid environmentalist still won!? Hippie judge?
The judge did say that he would like to see more evidence from P&W, to support the off-road club's scientist findings and if the evidence from P&W proved what they were saying he MIGHT overturn the judgement...

AgDieseler
10-23-2003, 11:24 AM
That's Commiefornia for you.

Violentv8toy
10-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Exactly. Thats why i'll never live in Cali. Cost of living kills and you have to put up with all that BS.

Only wacked out stuff like that happens in Kalifornia.

BigRedFord04
10-23-2003, 12:49 PM
there was a joe dirt look alike with a mullet wig at the chicken last nite...he was wearing a shirt that looked like the california flag

http://california-flag.com/index_files/CA_flag.gif

but instead of "california republic" it said "Cali****ingfornia"...it was cool.

and BY THE WAY, where the hell do these hippie environmentalist faggots come up with endangered species sometimes. i think they have scientists working for them to "invent" endangered salamanders and such. *******s

VROD_Morgan
10-23-2003, 01:45 PM
I know theres been sh*t in Colorado where environmental faggots have tried to claim theres some kind of endangered owl being hurt by people skiing.
When it came down to the court case it was proven that the particular owl in question did not live in the cold weather.
They will try absolutely anything to make property as useless as possible where people cant use if for anything.

TXsizeK5
10-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, they are trying to pull all kinds of shiat.

Yet they still surf the internet and use electricity, print flyers on paper and drink starbucks coffee out of non-recyclables. I heard a while back that a group called ELF set fire to something...I would think a fire would pollute alot more than a few families on a ski slope.

Damn Hypocrits :mad:

VROD_Morgan
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by TXsizeK5
Yeah, they are trying to pull all kinds of shiat.

I heard a while back that a group called ELF set fire to something...I would think a fire would pollute alot more than a few families on a ski slope.

Damn Hypocrits :mad:

Yeah... that was a multi-million dollar facility at Vail Ski resort. Nearly killed some people too. There just phuken crazy.