PDA

View Full Version : gears

ishbo03
10-28-2003, 06:48 PM
would low gears in my 77 blazer compensate for the lack of 4low in the transfer case? the rebuilt transfer case that i put in there only came with 4 high and 2low but no 4low

BigRedFord04
10-28-2003, 06:54 PM
well....technically it could....if you went w/ like 5.39s or something...but then you couldnt drive it on the street

sounds like they rebuilt it wrong

robertf03
10-28-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll bet its a full time 4wd t-case (np203) with the wrong shift knob. you are locking the hubs, right?

BigRedFord04
10-28-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by robertf03
I'll bet its a full time 4wd t-case (np203) with the wrong shift knob. you are locking the hubs, right?
thats kinda what i was thinkin'...and maybe you think b.c. it feels so much different in 4-low thats when it is just in 4wd

ishbo03
10-28-2003, 07:21 PM
its a np203, i got it from a junk yard and when i shift it into 4low, only the rear drive shaft spins, the front one doesnt rotate. and if i put the low gears in it, it would only be for the trail, its not my daily driver.

ishbo03
10-28-2003, 07:24 PM
originally the case was for full time 4x4 but supposedly the guy who i bought the truck from said he installed a part time 4x4 kit where i can shift it into 2wd. the 4 high is plenty of power for the mud but not nearly enough if i were to take it on a trail with yall over some rocks or something. right now the truck is in houston and im debating on whether it would be worth it try and bring it up here or continue trying to sell it.

robertf03
10-28-2003, 07:36 PM
i didnt know they made a part time kit for the 203, but as long as the reduction part works, doubler time!!!

does it happen to be a 4 speed? if so, i change my mind, unload it as quickly and as cheap as possible

Violentv8toy
10-28-2003, 08:15 PM
I may be able to get you a good np203 for pretty cheap (100) if you're interested. Do you have a th350?

Let me know.

ishbo03
10-29-2003, 01:17 AM
im not sure if i have a th350. i believe the original one is in the truck if thats what it came with. yea i would be interested in one for 100$ since i had to pay 200$ for the last one that dont even have 4low. would u be able to help me install it? i had to pay like 300$ in labor last time and i really dont want to do that again.

BigRedFord04
10-29-2003, 01:30 AM
I'LL DO IT!! I'LL DO IT!! can i replace your k'nooter valve while i'm down there?? I love doing that!!

ishbo03
10-29-2003, 01:35 AM
*** i dont konw what the hell a k'nooter valve is but go for it

BigRedFord04
10-29-2003, 01:43 AM
schweeeeeet!!!! :laughing:

your reply reflects your title oh so well :flipoff2:

BigRedFord04
10-29-2003, 01:55 AM
a jack? only sissies use jacks (that'd cost extra for him anyway). its kinda like bein' a jiggalo. lay that bitch on your chest and stab it. turn her knobs a bit until she cant take no more. and then you get paid. :cool:

uglyota
10-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
a jack? only sissies use jacks (that'd cost extra for him anyway). its kinda like bein' a jiggalo. lay that bitch on your chest and stab it. turn her knobs a bit until she cant take no more. and then you get paid. :cool:
That is the best technical description I have ever seen! You should write for Chilton's!:laughing:

Doug Krebs
10-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Man ya'll are asshats. What is this guy wanting to do? Is this the same guy with the 2wd that wants to jack it up 10"?

The 203 really isn't that complicated. Something is obviously screwed in the reduction box or the shifters aren't adjusted right.

I started this doing this **** by myself only 3.5 years ago at the end of my sophmore year. Before that I had only helped mike on his bronco. Sure you are going to **** **** up and break things, but how else will you learn??

The internet is a wealth of information. Get on coloradok5.com and start researching. Ask questions and then go out to your truck and start unbolting ****.

PS I'm ****ing cool!

ishbo03
10-29-2003, 02:15 PM
thanx crebs, i appreciate that. yea this is the same guy who is thinkin bout lifting his 2wd. i would only lift the 2wd if i end up selling my blazer though. it is one or the other. but if i keep the blazer then i need to fix my 4low some how so i will have a little power. im not sure exactly what is the problem with the t-case, when i try to put it into 4low, only the rear driveshaft will spin, not the front but i can get 4high to work fine. the truck is in houston right now cause i dont have a place to park it cause i live on campus so its kinda hard to work on it right now.

Doug Krebs
10-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Where in houston is it? Also when you put it in 4lo and the rear spins, does it feel like it is in low but with only the rear spinning? If that is the case it is most likely the shifter is out of adjustment or the range forks are screwed.

What is your purpose for either vehcile?? If you are wanting to go offroad, I'd keep the 2wd for a tow vehicle and by a toyota or a jeep and make a off road rig too.

ishbo03
10-29-2003, 02:40 PM
yea when i shift it into 4low, it jerks like it went into 4low but only the rear drive shaft spins. the truck is in lake jackson, its 45min south of houston. i bought it for off road use and i will tow it with the 2wd once i actually get the blazer up here to college station. the problem is living in a dorm and not havin a place to park it. i had to replace the shifter as well but for all i know, the one i got from the shifter might be screwed as well. i wish i had it up here so i could actually get one of u guys to look at it but i cant right now.

Doug Krebs
10-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I live in kingwood about 30 minutes north of houston. If you are looking for a trail vehicle I'd sell it and get a toyota or a jeep. Take it from someone that has wheeled a blazer for almost 4 years now. They are just too big and too heavy.

CRaSHnBuRN
10-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04

Thats the funniest **** I've seen in a long time. And like krebs said, the only way to learn is by trail and error. In highschool I didn't know jack about trucks, and thought I was bad ass building my own shackles for my FJ40. Its been downhill ever since, and once I learn to weld (or at least get a hell of a lot better than I am now), there won't be much I'm not willing to try to do. For example, next months projects are OBA and hydro assist steering

ishbo03
10-29-2003, 05:16 PM
at the moment i do have a for sale sign on it and ive had a bunch of calls but no serious buyers yet. if someone made me the offer then of course id sell it and get something smaller. when i originally bought it to play in the mud, i didnt know alot about off roading so i just bought something with big tires and a lift. now i know a little more.

uglyota
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
a jack? only sissies use jacks (that'd cost extra for him anyway). its kinda like bein' a jiggalo. lay that ***** on your chest and stab it. turn her knobs a bit until she cant take no more. and then you get paid. :cool:
Can we make a thread called "best of TAMOR"? Start with this. :D