PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Help

jerryg79
11-03-2003, 04:47 PM
I need someone with access to a variety of woodworking tools (table or radial arm saw, jig saw, sander, and router) and some woodworking skill.

I have a piece of corian that i need to make into a cutting board to give my mom for christmas. I havent seen the piece yet, but it is a counter top that was removed, so it should be about 4'X4'X1/2".

I will pay in cash, beer, and you can have the scraps.

Let me know if interested.

Usually I would do this myself but my parents are divorced and my dad took all the **** that i need. Since I no longer "talk to my dad" (as they say in the business), I no longer have access to these tools. :mad:

Doug Krebs
11-03-2003, 04:52 PM
We could do it at the lakehouse. I'm pretty sure that is where the Radial Arm saw is. The rest of the stuff is mobile. I'm not sure we'd have the router bit you wanted but they are under $10.

J Cooper
11-03-2003, 04:54 PM
all of the above are over here if you wanna stop by... i need to build a new light hood for my fish tank too

jerryg79
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
krebs y'all have corian dont you. Did you see them install it? I guess you can just cut it with a regular saw like you would a piece of plywood. I know you can router it like a piece of wood.

Also in case you were wondering....Corian is Kosher!

:D

Kosher (http://www.corian.com/documents/pdf/koshercorian.pdf)

robertf03
11-03-2003, 07:53 PM
i'm not sure how they cut our corian counter tops, but i know they fused them together at the joints so I'm guessing it melts pretty easy. band saw or jigsaw would be my first attempt.

Wait till you see what I give your mom for Christmas

jerryg79
11-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
We could do it at the lakehouse. I'm pretty sure that is where the Radial Arm saw is. The rest of the stuff is mobile. I'm not sure we'd have the router bit you wanted but they are under $10.

I think I may take you up on that, when is a good time for you to do it?

Samantha's Dad told me that he would give me a big piece if i would make him one too so I may be making two.