PDA

View Full Version : Discount Tire Certs

Doug Krebs
05-22-2002, 10:05 PM
How does the Certificates work for tires. I'm buying 4 BFG mud terrains tommorow. Two are brand new, one has a slice in it, and the other has about 10,000 miles left on it. The certs are coming with the tires, will they just give me new tires for the damaged ones??? Thanks fellas...

BMFScout
05-23-2002, 12:29 AM
there are numbers that look like they have been burned into the tire, this will correspond to the numbers on the certificates. It will cost you about 40 bones to get the "trail hazzard" reinstated on the new tire. I think you will have to slice the one that only has 10,000 miles left on it for them to replace it. I not only object to this practice, I think it is pretty chicken****, something akin to insurance fraud, but let your conscience be your guide on that one. I think if they are pretty worn they pro rate the replacement and give you a discount on a new tire, instead of replacing it, but that is the only part I am unsure about. BFG's kick ***, Are the two new ones KM's? If not you will have two old school and two km's, but they are basically the same anyway. Also, troy was having a hard time getting 35's, they were on national backorder or some ****, so that might cause you some problems. good luck.

Doug Krebs
05-24-2002, 01:36 AM
chicken **** or not, i'm pretty drunk and i got 4 bfg mud terrains, all brand new for 256 mounted and balanced!!!!!!!!!!! And i didn't even type like a dumb mother ****er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krawler68
05-24-2002, 08:12 AM
We should start a chicken**** club Krebs...

BigRedFord04
05-25-2002, 09:02 PM
I'll have to join...my new KMs cost me $160 for all 4 :D :D