PDA

View Full Version : sm465/d20

aggielr
11-07-2003, 03:03 AM
i put the top back on the tranny and bolted the adapter up to the back of the case

here's the problem

when i tighten the adapter to the back of the tranny, it causes something to bind, but if i loosen it up just a little then everything turns fine, its not loosened up enough to have any play, but still not real tight

any ideas as to what the problem could be or should i just put some locktite on the bolts and tighten up to where it doesn't bind?

stinger7401
11-07-2003, 03:15 AM
dang fool, I forgot all about it....your prolly gonna need a different output gear, your teeth are pitched at a 17.5* angle and the one you need is at like a 20.1*. There is a place in Oklahoma where i ordered mine from but if you get lucky our friend from down south might have one. I found all the info about the gears online and I think on the advanced website has it to. But in the mein time you can still bolt it all up without the gear and fab your mounts while your waiting for the new gear. I think it cost like 30 bones for the stuff. Ill look up the stuff to, i just dont have a lot of time right now.

robertf03
11-07-2003, 11:49 AM
landon i had the same problem with mine because I assembled it dry

oil the **** out of it, especially the synchro's

I dont think the bull gear has anything to do with it, the degree of the tooth cut depends on what degree the t-case was cut for.

aggielr
11-08-2003, 02:18 AM
well got it fixed up, just had the bolts too tight i guess, but now i'm to the point of no return

aggielr
11-08-2003, 02:19 AM
tommorow goin to pull the transmission, clean up the t-case and put new seals in it, and start puttin the new stuff in
:D :cheers:

Doug Krebs
11-10-2003, 09:51 AM
I would almost suck your weiner if I could borrow that adapter plate to get all the dimensions from it, but I know you are putting it in soon. Anyone else have one laying around?? :D

aggielr
11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
the adapter wouldn't be very hard to make if you had a machine shop, but the mainshaft you have to replace in the tranny would be a lot more difficult, thats why i bought it

Doug Krebs
11-10-2003, 11:36 AM
How much did it cost you to get the shaft made? I'm trying to mount 2 sm265's together. I know, I'm gay. Anyways, it would be alot easier to just copy the back of that adapter. Thats why I was asking!

robertf03
11-10-2003, 12:56 PM
doug, the factory sm465 bearing retainer will have the same bolt pattern, just use that. the only thing it won't have is the holes for the dana 20 and you won't need those

Doug Krebs
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
I thought about that right after I posted. Thanks anyways Robert!

jmancuso
11-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
I would almost suck your weiner if I could borrow that adapter plate to get all the dimensions from it, but I know you are putting it in soon. Anyone else have one laying around?? :D But dont forget the promise you made to Landon!::rainbow: