PDA

View Full Version : super swamper ltb

stx4wheeler
11-09-2003, 03:07 PM
yeah i gonna do a body lift on the bronco fairly soon, and i was wanting to know if anyone has ran the super swamper ltbs, they make the 34x10.5 and that would be perfect so i can use my stock rims which are 7.5 's. Do you have to get them balanced all the time. do they have problems going out of round, how many miles would i get out of them with mainly street driving and some offroad. any feedback would help alot.

BigRedFord04
11-09-2003, 03:58 PM
dont mess w/ the daily driver....spend the money, time and effort on the trail rig. if you need new tires get some A/Ts

stx4wheeler
11-09-2003, 04:33 PM
well my uncle is gonna buy the body lift and even the gap gaurds for me, and tires would be when mine crap out which will be in next 4-6 months and my dad still pays for tires on the daily driver, so really no money spent on my part. just labor of doing the body lift.

TRDyota
11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
i know you're not gonna pay someone to do a body lift. it's fairly simple to do. i did mine in 8 hours. get a couple of people who know what they're doing, and an impact wrench, and you too can save yourself over 400 bucks.

J Cooper
11-09-2003, 08:23 PM
about the tires.... i just bought the 33" version but havent used them yet.. ill let you know after this weekend.. but so far i like them... but if your going for a straight daily driver i would probably go with a radial tire... but the LTBs are still better about staying round that most bias...they are also loud and you can feel them under you, i also read up on them in some tech article where they tested them out and they sound like pretty good tires. so just depends on what you want, you can also ask violentv8toy.. i bought the tires from him.. but it doesnt look like they ever got any use.

StevenAg03
11-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TRDyota
i know you're not gonna pay someone to do a body lift. it's fairly simple to do. i did mine in 8 hours. get a couple of people who know what they're doing, and an impact wrench, and you too can save yourself over 400 bucks.

dont underestimate the headache of 8 year old bolts....when i had mine put on(before i even knew anything about anything), they told me they had to torch every single body mount bolt off. and the truck was 11 year old truck then....

stx4wheeler
11-09-2003, 08:40 PM
no if and when it gets done i will be doing it with help from people and me hopefully, they want way to much to put the dang thing on, at home in south texas they wanted 600 bucks to do a body lift, i could buy a 4 in suspension for that price, body lift is cheap and i am not paying for it all. MY MONEY goes to the 78. but i will be asking you about the tires cooper, i am pretty interested in how they ride.

Chadnutz
11-09-2003, 09:44 PM
body lifts suck. I'll probably be taking mine off next weekend and it's going to be bad ass.

stx4wheeler
11-09-2003, 11:31 PM
yeah well i want to run a little bigger tires so it will be a little more fun to drive till my trail rig is fixed and up here, so that is inexpensive and gits er done for me.

TRDyota
11-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
dont underestimate the headache of 8 year old bolts....when i had mine put on(before i even knew anything about anything), they told me they had to torch every single body mount bolt off. and the truck was 11 year old truck then....

fords are that way. i've done two ford body lifts--one on a ranger, one on a Fx4. Both times, we had to drive the trucks to a shop and have the body bolts drilled out. Aside from that, it goes relatively easy. My japaneese bolts came right out with a little persuasion from a 3 foot cheater pipe

stx4wheeler
11-09-2003, 11:57 PM
thats cause in america we tighten our stuff down properly, alright could we get back on the subject of the tires not the lift thanks.

Graystroke
11-10-2003, 12:11 AM
If your looking for some tires my roomate, Jason, is wanting to sell some 33/12.5R15 BFG AT KO's. They have about 4-5k on them. I don't know the price. I'll ask him and have him post them up in the classified section. They're also mounted on some AR Rims, the tried and true "blade" rims that will not go away :D

fbronco86
11-10-2003, 12:48 AM
yeah i thought my body lift on my bronco was going to be cheap until i found out my steering shaft was not going to fit right. I had to get a custom shaft with two joints made for $250.

stx4wheeler
11-10-2003, 01:14 AM
ah maybe i will do some more homework for i buy the body lift, but i have also found a tech article on how to make a new one for that problem out of a ford areostar minivan shaft and mine i think.

BigRedFord04
11-10-2003, 01:21 AM
if you get a proper lift kit it will come with the steering extension.

JB
11-10-2003, 01:41 AM
blah blah blah steering extensions, fan shrouds, gas fillers, bumper brackets. Body lifts are :rainbow: :rainbow: And they look bad IMO. I serioulsy think that some nice 32s on stock would look 10 times better than a :rainbow: body lift and 33s.

Hell, there is a 4 inch rancho on ebay now and it is only at $220

Violentv8toy
11-10-2003, 02:08 AM
I got some a few runs with the swampers...its a good tire and they ride smooth, but then again they're just 33s.

On riverrock, you've gotta learn to use them if you're used to an A/T. At first i didnt like em, but after a while they're the ticket in my opinion.

Mud, they do the job as any swamper.

Don't burn out with them and they're last a good while. If you're bronco has a cush suspension, don't buy them. They were on my buddys 2wd 97 chevy and the ride plain out sucked. If you drive in the rain alot, dont buy them cause you'll end up in the ditch.

I don't think you need to balance them...