PDA

View Full Version : Parde Island Info, April 20-21

mark
04-14-2002, 10:04 AM
The Padre Island trip is coming up next weekend. In order to ease things a bit for our safety officer, I am asking those are going to send an email to our safety officer (safety@tamor.org) so she can put together an accurate list. For this to work, your user profile needs to be accurate in terms of emergency contact information. If you are not a currently enrolled TAMU student, please indicate so. Also include any guests along with their student ID #(if applicable), emergency contact, and emergency contact phone #.

Now a little info on Padre Island:

First this is not South Padre Island we are talking about here. This is Padre Island National Seashore. It is just south of Corpus Christi. The area is 60 miles of beach and can only be driven out and back. Because the nearest gas station is 20 miles or so from the beach, your vehicle has to be able to travel almost 200 miles off-road without the benefit of a gas station. So for most folks, an extra jerry can or two of gas is required.

There are few facilities and no fresh water once you get on the beach, so you will have to take everything with you. This includes camping gear if you wish to spend the night. This trip is being planned as a camping trip, so be prepared.

There is a $10/vehicle entrance fee, but no camping permit fee.

The park service requires all vehicles to be licensed and registered.

There is no driving allowed on the dunes.

Click here for more information on the park (http://www.nps.gov/pais/).

Post any questions or comments to this thread.

-Mark
Future Former President TAMOR

AGRVR
04-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Who all plans to go this weekend to Padre???

Lisa
04-15-2002, 09:42 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that we'll be heading down to Corpus on Friday. My parents are going to let everyone stay at their house on Friday night (we have plenty of room for people and vehicles). That way we can get an early start on Saturday. Make sure to bring camping gear, food, water, etc. for Saturday. It would be nice if someone with room can volunteer to bring firewood. I'll get back to you on what time we'll be leaving on Friday (it won't be early). Also, if you plan to go email me so I can let my mom know how many people to expect. laf3606@neo.tamu.edu

Lisa

Moose
04-15-2002, 10:02 PM
Lisa. How far away is your mothers house from where we'll be hanging out? If I go I will bring fire wood. I now have camping gear.

Joel
My first post

Graystroke
04-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Hopefully you can figure out why you need camping gear.
F R I D A Y...L I S A' S, S A T U R D A Y....B E A C H...Which means...F A R F R O M L I S A' S H O U S E.
got it? hope so.

GARNER
04-16-2002, 01:06 PM
lisa haus is an hour away from the beach/trail head.
this trips is not for nancy's either. no ****ters, no showers
unless you want to drive back to Maliquee (trail head).
Bring ber, water, gas, and ***. and a camera for the coconut tit statue. women should bring a bra to donate.
If you are a jackass, or will be on the trip. I CAN LOSE YOU ON THE BEACH, NO PROBLEM.....I am a ghost on the beach

bring straps too and shovels for the jackass attack!

Moose
04-16-2002, 03:03 PM
so who's leaving sat? i'm def going. i'll meet fri if others wanna do that. i'll be driving in from north austin area. yall wanna get a group started leaving for fri/sat (i don't care) so i know when to meet and where? can i have a cell phone number to call just in case? like yours garner.

Joel
979-220-2234 (cell)

AGRVR
04-17-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by GARNER
I CAN LOSE YOU ON THE BEACH, NO PROBLEM.....I am a ghost on the beach

No way Garner, you can't outrun the powerful IH 8,000,000lbs V8!

Scout
Quite possible the heaviest motor/cubic inch in existence.

Fredo
04-17-2002, 02:08 AM
Hey, it might be real damn heavy, but at least it's really ****ing slow.:p

BigLee
04-17-2002, 09:20 PM
So whats the deal with food, is everyone on their own or are we doing something together or what.

BigRedFord04
04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BigLee
So whats the deal with food, is everyone on their own or are we doing something together or what.

You and Garner together in a "community dining" situation? You really think there would be any for anyone else? I'm sure everyone would be better off fending for themselves and hiding all food from y'all. :D

Moose
04-18-2002, 06:16 AM
I'm down for BBQ. Who's got a grill? I'll could bring meat. I've got a decent sized cooler. Give me a call.

How come there are only 6 people going? It's not like yall study for finals anyway.

davido
04-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Lisa Ferguson
Jeff Garner
Lee Killingsworth (Allison Mellard)
Joel Clarke
Mark Shipman

Who else is going?

Graysan?
Collinsan?

Who else?

Anyone bringing a pickup? I can bring my pit. If anyone has a spare propane bottle, we might want to bring that also JIC. Are we making burgers or something that night? SandySamiches?:)

~dso

BigLee
04-18-2002, 11:20 AM
Ill have my truck, and will haul the pit as long as it is on a trailer or something, dont have room with the bedcover.

BigLee
04-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Actually I got a grill im gunna bring that will fit in the bed of my truck, anybody that wants to use it is more than welcome, ill bring enough propane.

Moose
04-18-2002, 01:32 PM
just tell me what kind a meat yall want. i'll make a run to the store. you need any help with that stuff lee?

when are yall planning on leaving? i need to know soon to compensate for the drive from austin

and i just got a cb. antenna sticks up to the sky. now we can shoot the **** on the way down.

davido
04-18-2002, 01:51 PM
If your pit is big enough to cook burgers for everyone, sounds good. If not, we can take mine.

You make the call. ~dso

BigLee
04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
If we can get a final list of everyone that is actually going Ill let you know, but it is plenty big for like 6 burgers at a time, if we have more people than that we can always cook in rounds. Does everybody just want to get their own meet, or does someone want to buy it for all of us and we just pitch in money wise. And what else do we want to do for dinner, like do we want to do chips or fries or what. I mean we can cook pritty much whatever we want on the grill im bringin, so lets decide. Do we all want to get together tonight sometime to make final plans or anything.

Moose
04-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Alright. My CB is hooked up! I'm ditching work a couple hours early to get a couple hours extra drunk. So yall better be ready to leave CS ASAP. I'm bringin plenty of meat and plenty of beer / whisky maybe. So, lets get it on!!

davido
04-18-2002, 10:17 PM
Tonight bad.

Beer... guud!

~dso

BigLee
04-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Anybody know when we are actually going to leave or where we are going to meet tomorow, I take it we are all pritty much on our own for food?

AGRVR
04-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Your on your own for food. Lisa and I plan to go to HEB when we get there to get stuff for her, Garner, Fred, Jimmy, Lissa and me. David, give me a call later and let me know if you are going to get done with all your **** so you can make it.

davido
04-22-2002, 11:23 AM
I've posted some of my trip pics. I will have more from my ol' fashion film camera also.

http://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/tripreport-020422/

I had a really good time. Thanks everyone for the great company.

~dso