PDA

View Full Version : Land Closure

aggielr
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
passin this on to everyone, please do what ya can

http://expertoffroad.proboards7.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1068825869

Graystroke
11-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Here's what I wrote, you could just cut in paste if ya'll want.

I would like to comment on the on the area in Utah, which is up for re-evaluation of its public use. I think it would be a great disservice to the public if these lands are closed from future motorized vehicle use. Having been a visitor to the Moab, Utah, area in the past, I know first hand of its vastness and beauty. It would have been impossible for me to have visited and covered the miles of roads that week without the help of a motorized vehicle. I can only guess at how families would try to enjoy this same landscape without the same help. I believe through the education of both motorized vehicle users and hikers/bikers that we together with the BLM could come up with a win/ win solution for all parties concerned. I think it is imperative that we give people of all interest/activity groups equal access to PUBLIC lands.

aggielr
11-17-2003, 08:34 PM
nicely written, i sent something similiar to that, only having not been there, i said that i'd like to be able to come see it in the future

AgDieseler
11-17-2003, 08:55 PM
cut and pasted

Chadnutz
11-17-2003, 09:32 PM
If it gets bad enough maybe we can suggest something like a hunting license except it is a wheeling license and one would need to take some info course online about the rules and regulations and then be sent a card. If one is caught wheeling on public lands without a license they get a fine. People with licenses are welcome. People who are caught breaking the rules have their license suspended...

Just a thought.