PDA

View Full Version : Recomended shops in the area?

JeepPhisherman
11-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I've been having fuel system (I think) problems with my heep for the past week or two and havent had time to thoroughly check it out yet because of a massive workload and I need my jeep ready next tuesday to drive to Dallas, without any problems, so I've been wondering if anyone could recomend a shop for me to drop my jeep off at. I've heard a couple good things about Aggieland Auto and they're AAA recomended and all that good stuff, any other suggested shops?

crawlingno5
11-18-2003, 12:29 PM
trucks plus and a place i believe its called olympia, somewhere in bryan. or larry piper automotive.

edit.. yeah, pickups plus..

froader03
11-18-2003, 12:41 PM
I think he means pickups plus... they're good too... I wanna say the guy's name is Ray...

JeepPhisherman
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Anyone ever had any experience with Aggieland Auto? It's not anything that is going to be truck specific, I mean, its just a factory fuel pump I think I'm having trouble with, and I just dont have the time to replace it. What kind of work does this pickups plus place do?

jerryg79
11-18-2003, 03:11 PM
I've heard of them....where are they at? I think they used to be called "Align Guys". If it is who im thinking of, they did good work, but they were very high priced.

I used to have to take our vans in for work and we took it to this place on South College called Art's Auto, they work cheap as **** and we never had a problem with them.

We used pick-ups plus too, they always did good work, but a couple of times we had to wait an extra day to get our truck back because they have so many cars.

BigRedFord04
11-18-2003, 07:57 PM
you're gonna get screwed on price for replacing that pump just about anywhere you go b.c. its in the tank. i'd expect at least $400. Aggieland Auto has always had a good reputation in my mind b.c. i used to deliver parts for Ho'Reillys there a lot. they seemed decent.

JeepPhisherman
11-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Snatch Adams
I've heard of them....where are they at? I think they used to be called "Align Guys". If it is who im thinking of, they did good work, but they were very high priced.

They're over off of Tx on Brentwood, a little down the road past Holleman.

$400 for replacing the fuel pump? I might have to schedule some time in there to fix it for that fawking much. Why so much? Not like they have to drop the tank or anything.

matt
11-18-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah, no joke on the $400. i priced getting mine replaced and the jacks have to take the tank out and replace it so they really ring you good. the place that priced mine was in west texas and they guessed $350 so it will prolly be a little higher here.:texas:

jerryg79
11-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JeepPhisherman
They're over off of Tx on Brentwood, a little down the road past Holleman.

yup dat be da place....

check out this art's auto place on South College, you can even bring them the parts. Basically they have one mechanic that knows the **** and then a bunch of little wetbacks that turn the wrenches. How hard is it to fix a fuel pump that a mexi couldn't do it, i bet they built the entire house your in right now!

bburris
11-19-2003, 02:12 AM
There's a place on Texas in Bryan called Andy's 66. It's a crappy looking place but they do good work for a decent price. Go by there and get an estimate. The guy knows his ****. The shop may not look like much, but it'll get done, and probably cheaper than a bigger shop would be.

J Cooper
11-19-2003, 02:23 AM
... the time spent on this thread, it could have been done by now

JeepPhisherman
11-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by J Cooper
... the time spent on this thread, it could have been done by now

Deffinitely not, I've been posting on here from the lab, still havent even had time to look it over. Plus the pops said he'd flip the bill if I took it to a AAA place, so I dropped it off at Ag Auto this a.m.

uglyota
11-24-2003, 04:33 PM
so what did it cost?
Can you sit down yet?

JeepPhisherman
11-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Well they took it out and drove it around a while and couldnt get it to act up so they ran a couple tests and read the cpu and whatnot. Guy told me my o2 sensor was shot and that my fuel mixture was extremely rich. So they replaced that and drove it around some more just to see if they could get it to act up again but they couldnt. I took it out for a cruise friday for about an hour and a half and couldnt get it to give me any troubles so I guess they fixed it. Not sure how a rich fuel mix could have caused my problems so I'm going to check it out this weekend in Dallas since Ill have a garage to use.

uglyota
11-24-2003, 09:00 PM
haha sounds about right...I had a relay that went bad and it would act up all the time, except when I took it to a shop. Ended up just driving it, breaking down more and more frequently until it finally gave up, then took it in. Hope it gets you to Dallas, otherwise it's 1-800-AAA-HELP:D