PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance and Mods

BigRedFord04
05-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Anyone done anything to their rigs lately? Anything at all?? If you missed my last thread I swapped over to dual electric fans in place of my fan, clutch and shroud. I gave the whole truck a pretty good once over today. Changed the oil and filter; very needed. Put a new breather filter on as mine was non-existent and the K&N was being used as the breather in its place which made it extremely nasty. Washed the K&N for about 30 mins. New PCV valve. Reconnected my #6 plug wire, no idea how long its been off. Relocated the breather tube for my front diff about 6" higher. Found a crack in my exhaust. Topped of the radiator and reservoir. Wire wrapped all the wires I added for the fans. Tightened dash bolts. Tightened xfer case fill plug where I think its been slowly leaking from. I've got a round-trip to Houston tomorrow, we'll see how much change this makes in anything (gas mileage). Been thru one tank since putting the fans on, slight improvement even having driven over 90 on the hwy for most of the miles on that tank.

robertf03
05-25-2002, 10:31 PM
I looked at the CJ today, then built a cart for the welder.

waiting on some $$$ to come in before I can start buying stuff for the Jeep.

I need to get a picture of the cart, its a winner. i was going to build a tray for it to hold the slag hammer and stuff like that. got lazy and just welded a diff cover sideways to it

Cajun
05-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by robertf03
...got lazy and just welded a diff cover sideways to it

KUSTOM!

AgDieseler
05-28-2002, 09:30 AM
I have a working Raptor tranny now. This makes Raptor #5. After I tracked down all the leaks and fixed their screw ups, it seems to work fine now. It was a major accomplishment that it made it home from Louisiana. Other than that, I saving like a pack rat for the turbo system.

Krawler68
05-28-2002, 09:36 AM
Does it make you nervous at all that this Bad-*** tranny is being such a bitch from the start? I was nervous about my rebuild on my E4OD and it never even gave me problems. I'm just curious as to why you stuck with the Raptor through tranny number 5?

Cajun
05-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I bought another non-running vehicle last Thursday, does that count?

StevenAg03
05-28-2002, 08:43 PM
I been working on some "rigs"...*fav persons voice on* I DONE TOO MANY OF DEES AXLE SWAPPS....HUHHUH...*voice off*

dreed
05-28-2002, 10:20 PM
well so far since ******mas i have replaced most of the front end of the dodge. all 3 axles, knuckle, brakes, fluids, steering pump seal and other assorted crap.

then my tranny went on a break fest so I got to rebuild that.

after that I got a trac-loc and put it in the rear diff. so far it works pretty good.

a couple of weeks ago I got 4.56's for the front and rear along with a trac-loc for the front as well. in the next couple of days I am ordering a set of 38.5-14.5/R15's and a set of rockcrawlwer 15X10's. then in the next month I am getting a 5" class 2 double flex Skyjacker lift for the Ram. then I get to put all that stuff on. so it should be a fun summer for the truck.

Krawler68
05-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Damn Dan...nice plans.... ummmmmmm.... plans... Ahhhhhhh. Good luck maintaining that schedule. If you want a set of 38's I may have some for you... I am considering 39.5's on 16.5" rims...

Cajun
05-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Schedule...HA!

I can't friggin wait to get started! If the Indians will ever show up to build my shop, so I can get my concrete poured, so I can get the Scout and my YJ frame out of my yard, so I can get my axles out from under my carport, so I can get the CJ and 60's out of my in-laws yard, so I can buy a MIG welder, so I can buy tools, so I can finally throw my friggin' housewarming party!!!

Which brings me to a question: Anyone know of anyone selling a mechanics tool set? Preferably the whole shebang, tools, rollaway, everything. Or, any good discout sites on the web? I've found some pretty good deals, but shipping on that stuff is a mofo!

Oh...Doug...your SXs are for 15" wheels?

BigRedFord04
05-29-2002, 07:28 PM
I got a helluva deal on a JET Performance Module at work the other day and installed it the same nite. Gave a noticeable boost in power, havent driven enuff to see the change in mpg...cant get much worse.

Lynda
05-30-2002, 12:32 AM
yeah... it's Doug on Lynda's computer...yeah my Sx's are for 15" rims...I'm playing with buying hummer wheels or getting TrailReady beadlocks and switching to 16.5" rims for my new 60's.

Cajun
05-30-2002, 09:27 AM
Where are you getting 60s?

StevenAg03
05-30-2002, 10:30 AM
he is pulling them out of his arsehole.....:D :D :D