PDA

View Full Version : New Rig

Broncocustom
05-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Here is a picture of my new rig. It is a 1973 Bronco with rust in the typical places but in better shape then Dougs when he got his. The truck has been converted to power brakes with the front disc brake convertion. It has a 302 that runs good, lots of power while test driving.

Cajun
05-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Broncocustom
Here is a picture of my new rig. It is a 1973 Bronco with rust in the typical places but in better shape then Dougs when he got his. .

That's really not saying much, now is it?

:D

robertf03
05-26-2002, 12:38 PM
so is this one getting the 60 and 70, or is this a whole nother project?

Broncocustom
05-26-2002, 01:49 PM
I have not decided what I am doing with this one. It was a good deal with the power brakes and the disc brakes. The floor is rusted under the passenger seat, top has rust along seams, bottom of tail gate is rusted, drivers door has some rust, and the worst of the rust is in the windshield frame. I will need a new/old windshield frame. I still want to find an Amigo to put the 60 and 70 under, but I could put them under this and sell the disc brake D44.

I might clean this truck up alittle and resale it, or part out the good parts to fund the future Amigo project.

I will not be doing anything that cost alot of money for awhile, Amie and I are looking into having a house built.

Cajun
05-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Whatever you decide to do with it, good luck. It's a nice looking EB.

As for the house business, My wife, Diya, is a realtor with Century 21. While she works in LA, she can get you in touch with the right people wherever you might want to build/buy, that is, if you're not working with a realtor already.

BigRedFord04
05-28-2002, 12:55 AM
I'll have to say thats not a bad lookin' rig. I've been wanting one for a while now but have no skrilla, gotta pay for school 1st. How much did this one intrude on your savings for? (if you dont mind me asking)

Krawler68
05-28-2002, 07:58 AM
Posted price on it was 1400 bucks... Scott may have been able to get the guy to come down some...I don't know. I also know that even if it is much nicer than my POS EB was it's still TWICE what I paid for mine, and mine had power steering and a Detroit lockered third member thrown in on the deal. :D

Broncocustom
05-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Posted price was $1500, I payed $1300. I found more rust onit in when I was cleaning it out yesterday but the mechanical stuff is all good. Doug this one also has power steering (with a Grant steering wheel), power brakes, disc's on the front d44 and 302 that runs good. The engine has an edelbrock intake with a four barrel onit. I have decided to clean the truck up and selling it. I am going to fix some of the rust and cover the rest up with bondo and then spray a fresh coat of paint on the inside and out and then advertise the truck like crazy.

Doug, did yours have a front d44 or power brakes when you bought it?

Doug I did not have to drive all the way to moab to get mine or have to try flat towing it all the way back. Also mine did not have any lawn mower blades welded to it.

Krawler68
05-28-2002, 08:49 AM
It's still twice what i paid for mine, that was my only point...and I don't need PB I got strong young legs :D

I know exactly what's on YOUR new EB... I talked with Scott about it when he first found it from some guy at y'alls work.

I also know that i didn't recieve a stellar deal on the rustbucket I called an EB... but I do know it was the best deal i could find after looking for a year.

And if you think i minded driving to Moab to get it, I didn't... That was the best part. I'll always remember that ill fated trip, hell that's when Steven and I actually started to get along, and now he's one of my best friends. :D