PDA

View Full Version : Old Truck Questions

Doug Krebs
11-24-2003, 10:44 AM
There is an old truck by the chicken oil that I want info about. If you are parked in the Chicken Oil, it is directly in front of you across the street.

If anyone is passing by and could snap a pic of it, I would appreciate it.

I like how the front of it looks. It has a narrow hood, just enough to cover the engine, and then has fenders. The headlights look like KC lights.

Scott has convinced me that every buggy should look like something. Also, It would be easier to make it street legal.

If anyone has any kinda info on these trucks I would appreciate it. I'm guessing they are from the 30's to 40's? I don't care about the make or model.

Also, if anyone see's the front clip in a junk yard, or knows someone that has one for sale, get the information. I'd buy a whole truck, but only if the price is right.

Thanks - Doug

StevenAg03
11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
you talking about that ONE over there? come awn doug....your being a little vauge there. also accross the street depends on which way you pull in. you have given no color or make or other pertinent information.

Doug Krebs
11-24-2003, 12:41 PM
you pull in and the brazos hall is on your left, chicken oil on your right. It is an old yellow truck that looks like it has been restored. I didn't pay attention to what place it was, but it is behind a chain link fence.

StevenAg03
11-24-2003, 12:43 PM
see that narrows it down a lot. thanks and gig 'em

Seth
11-24-2003, 04:43 PM
I know the truck you are talking about Doug - That would be one of our good friend Don Ganters vehicles, if I am not mistaken. It is in the yard behind his office, and it has moved so it must run. I think it is his bc it is in the yard behind his office, with the satchels catering trailer. (PS anyone seen his western hauler f-550? the on that always has the dogs on the bed in a cage?) I pass it everyday on the bus on my way to school (well ok not every day, but a lot of days) I have not ever really thought about what it was but I am thinking it is an early late 40s early 50s chevy truck. I will look closer for you and see what I can find out.

Doug Krebs
11-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Thanks seth, I'm not looking to buy that one in particular. Just wanting info, because I like how it looks. I can just see pulling up to him at a stop light, "There's no use in me gasping about it, you got to get in here and put it on your palette" **** I know I screwed that up, haven't heard it in a while!

redcagepatrol
12-01-2003, 11:50 AM
I think that he is talking about the one in the Farm Patch additional parking lot. They use it for advertising for the farm patch - put pumpkins in the back and stuff. Just some old HD truck.

Doug Krebs
12-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Well not that one scott, the other side of the chicken oil. I didn't even know there was one at farm patch. I was in town for the game but forgot to get my ass over there and take a pic.

Seth
01-09-2004, 07:18 PM
I looked again at that truck a few times - and i dont think its a ford or chevy. Maybe an international or even studebaker?? its got a chrome grill with a lot of bars/slats.

uglyota
01-09-2004, 07:46 PM
I drove by there today but still haven't seen this truck
If it's a studebaker please don't cut it up :( One of those is gonna be my hot rod project when I have money
I think an old truck will be a difficult base for a buggy...you're kinda stuck with a hardtop.
I know 4x4 cars are :rainbow: but think about it...vw rabbit convertible, or maybe a drop-top beetle cut off at the back seat with 4-link sticking out the back?
What about Brandon's early scout?

Seth
01-10-2004, 08:17 PM
seen the VW bug thing, but not convertible. rockwells, ended up with michelin 48s i think, injected 460, c6, 205, 4 wheel steer, and remote resevoirs. kinda cool though. here (http://rocktek.ws/bug/index.htm)

Doug Krebs
01-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Do you have one of these old truck kopecki???? The one's that have the kc style headlights?

BigRedFord04
01-12-2004, 08:37 PM
while we're on the subject of old POS rides....check this one out. its a Corvair Van! i'd never even heard of one until i went to this gypsie's house w/ nutz to look at some of his junk.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album254/Corvair_Van1.sized.jpg

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album254/Corvair_Van2.sized.jpg

redcagepatrol
01-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Club ride? Good for baseball games etc...

eight
01-13-2004, 10:25 PM
2 or 3. But not sure if I can get rid of em. I've got a model A ford I could probably part with that only the front half of is good.

Doug Krebs
01-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Sweet... Let me know, we could trade something or I can give you some money. Need a roll cage in the jeep?

fbronco86
01-14-2004, 12:54 PM
i have part of a model T just the engine and part of the frame. its been sitting behind my grandpa's barn for a very long time rusting away.

Doug Krebs
01-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by fbronco86
i have part of a model T just the engine and part of the frame. its been sitting behind my grandpa's barn for a very long time rusting away.

I know mike, didn't he use that for a pump or some ****?? Anyways I'm looking for the front clip. Or were you just stating that your gramps had a model T?

Seth
01-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Just for the record - i stopped and looked the other day, and the yellow truck at the dixie chicken inc is a dodge power wagon, and its pretty sweet.

Doug Krebs
01-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Seth
Just for the record - i stopped and looked the other day, and the yellow truck at the dixie chicken inc is a dodge power wagon, and its pretty sweet.

I love the look of that thing, I think i'm coming to CS on saturday, i'll snap some pics of it.

Mack84
01-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
I know mike, didn't he use that for a pump or some ****?? Anyways I'm looking for the front clip. Or were you just stating that your gramps had a model T?

mike speaking: i was just stating that