PDA

View Full Version : Uvalde area around Dec 19th.

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, since the Double Bridges area is gonna be shut down next year, a last run will be on or around december 19th. This will probably span throughout that weekend. Everyone is welcome to come and stay at either Bubba Walkers or my place. We've got metal, torch, welder, tools...everything, so no worries about breaking on this trip. This isn't an official tamor trip btw. (unless someone wants to make it one)

Area is clean, Water visibility is clear as tap water, crossings should be shallow with a steady water flow and a firm river rock base. Its a great place to go. A stock 4wd should be able to have fun, and a single locked vehicle should do most everything. You can choose the difficulty of everything from hillclimbs to level of water crossings.(read: you dont have to get your trucks interior wet...if you dont wanna ;) )Its a pretty fun trek, and you wont see the same crap twice since we'll be spanning about 15 miles or so in low and the riverbed is very wide.

However, if it rains pretty hard (which i highly doubt) and the river starts to run quick and deep, the trip is off. Also if its like HELLA cold (under 50)its off. (i was wearing shorts this break so it prolly wont be a prob)

We'll have a few other vehicles out there too. But im sure there will be alot of guys from Uvalde out there with some good lookin' rigs to check out.

80s chevy on 35s
79 f150 on 35s
91 toy on 38s
85 K5 on 39s (nice)
87 powerwagon on 38s (nice)
79 f250 on 39s
maybe a 90 toy on 37s

So if any yall want to go, pack a cooler full of your fave :cheers:, some warm clothes, good boots, bedroll and come on down and ride down the nueces cause it might be the last time you will ever get the chance.

:cheers:

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Broken Bridge area....very nice place.

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 01:52 PM
crossing

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 01:57 PM
this spot is dug out pretty bad now...the angle is off and its steeper than it looks...wet tires dont help either...requires a lwb with 1 locker or a swb with 2 lockers. This is Jons ford...4wd conversion...460...435/205...its yellow and on 39s now...we call it the mobile home on wheels.

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Good stuff guys.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/albuo45

Theres a person from TAMOR in there too.

I'm surprised noone is jumping to go...it goes from stocker to mild to wild...

We can run the frio river too if yall want to....no entrance fees, warm place to stay...miles of river...cmon guys. :confused:

Hensel...maybe you can bring this up the next meeting????

J Cooper
12-01-2003, 08:21 PM
i think there is already two trips that same weekend and its graduation, and people going hom... i dont think it will be a big organized run... i think everyone is just kinda picking where they wanna go

TXsizeK5
12-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Any info on the Llano run?

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Oh? theres another run that weekend?

Wheres it going? I didnt know about that...can someone enlighten me?

Ingenloff
12-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Violentv8toy
Oh? theres another run that weekend?

Wheres it going? I didnt know about that...can someone enlighten me?

A lot of it revolves around grad. and people going home...but traditionally at the start of Christmas break we have two runs:

1) Clayton, OK

and...
2) Llano...for the people who dont have a small enough rig or enough cash/time/desire to drive all the way to OK

However, your place near Uvalde sounds interesting enough...since you're probably from that area, keep everyone posted on the decision of the county after the first of the year (ie. Tell us whether or not the county chooses to follow SB 155 or whether they'll continue to allow ORV usage there)

Violentv8toy
12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Ahhh, alright. We'll we're just kicking around a date, really.

If yall are really interested...what weekend would be free for everyone? I'm sure noone wants to wheel every single second of their break...I was just letting everyone know that we'll be all over the river this break...and that everyone is welcome to poke around the 3 rivers area w/us some weekend...

Everyone on our side going lives close, so if there is enough people that would want to go another weekend....it could be arranged...

Other than that...in light of this new information, I plan on going to Llano. What is the information on that so far?

stx4wheeler
12-02-2003, 12:11 AM
not any about llano info i will put a thread up about it.