PDA

View Full Version : Spray in Liner

brandee_elieff
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Okay, so I took the carpet out of the Jeep, which my dog decided to chew up. Anyways, I'm thinking about putting in a spray in liner. I remember some talk about it a while back. Anyone have any recomendations?? How to do it, what to use, etc.??

ClassicJunk
12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
they make a roll in type. It takes a lil longer but you have more control of where it goes and how much. Thats if you want a do-it-yourself.

TXsizeK5
12-01-2003, 11:19 PM
If you go roll-on, go herculiner. It resists weather and abraision better and you don't have to prep as much as the duplicolor crap that ends up flaking & scraping off :mad:

As for spray on liner, do you mean the stuff that comes out of a rattle-can? If you're planning to use that, the spray on undercoating works better than the spray on bedliner. just my $.02

stx4wheeler
12-01-2003, 11:55 PM
i would definately stay away from the rattle can, if you do make sure and get the good stuuf dont be cheap, my freind bought some of the cheap crap to do his frame and it bubbled up and looked like ****.

bburris
12-02-2003, 02:20 AM
Austin used Speedliner I believe. If you're paying someone I'd say go with Rhino Liner. If you want a weekend project, prep very well and roll some Herculiner on.

fbronco86
12-02-2003, 09:43 AM
i have had the Herculiner in the bronco for about 3 years it has done pretty good. i would use it again.

Shaggy
12-03-2003, 12:25 PM
roll on sucks... use a sprey on... i say line x is the best

Doug Krebs
12-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Line x sucks balls for interior. Get rhino liner, I have it in the bed off my truck. It's not hard like line x, rather it's soft and durable and takes impacts. It seems like it is thicker too, helps deaden the sound a little.

Shaggy
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
superliner is really durable inside too... i have it. rhino liner fades really bad. superliner doesnt

aggiemudman
12-03-2003, 04:42 PM
line-x is definately the best. rhino liner sucks, it fades and can peel off. line-x is actually an epoxy that bonds to the metal itself and it doesnt fade. and its resistant to just about anything that you spill on it. if u want the good stuff, go line-x

Doug Krebs
12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by aggiemudman
line-x is definately the best. rhino liner sucks, it fades and can peel off. line-x is actually an epoxy that bonds to the metal itself and it doesnt fade. and its resistant to just about anything that you spill on it. if u want the good stuff, go line-x

Hi, if you didn't notice this is for the INSIDE of a jeep. It doesn't need to hold up to toxic chemicals or be subjected to the constant heavy abuse. Line x is hard is hard, so it might be the best thing if you are shoveling dirty out of the back of a pick up. For a jeep's interior where you would rather it be a little softer, forgiving, and make things quieter rhino liner would be better.

Rhino liner also has a lifetime warranty if I'm not mistaken.

Shaggy
12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
superliner is softer and has a life time warrenty and doesnt fade so ha.... burn

aggiemudman
12-04-2003, 11:03 AM
line-x has a lifetime warranty as well.

uglyota
12-04-2003, 11:19 AM
okay, where's the cheapest place to buy line-x?

aggiemudman
12-04-2003, 02:26 PM
not sure around here. im from arlington and theres a couple of places up there. you can check out line-x's website and find a local place and get a quote.