PDA

View Full Version : Llano trip

stx4wheeler
12-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Alright i know there is two trips coming up during the break, i was just wondering who all is going to llano after finals. Also what day is everyone done with class and planning on heading out and how long we gonna be there wheeling?

fbronco86
12-02-2003, 09:45 AM
i would like to go but me got no trailer any more.

TRDyota
12-02-2003, 10:47 AM
i'm gonna go, but first i'm pickin up my brother in houston. Looking for another four wheel drive to go, just in case...

My last final is the 17th, prolly head out that next morning.

ClassicJunk
12-02-2003, 10:54 AM
The date for the llano trip wont be known until we hear from Nix on when he can come. That's the info I have at least.

TXsizeK5
12-02-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm down, if its the weekend after finals, I can have my truck there, but if its the 17th or 18th or something, I might have to ride with someone.

ClassicJunk
12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by fbronco86

I'm bettin' Nick's trailer isn't being used that weekend. Is it still in town?

eight
12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by fbronco86

I remember a time before you had truck or trailer when you drove it there.

J Cooper
12-02-2003, 12:38 PM
nicks trailer is in san antonio with the jeep on it

fbronco86
12-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by eight
I remember a time before you had truck or trailer when you drove it there.

funny i never remember a time when your drove the heep that far. :flipoff2:

i think i will have a trailer to bring. i have a deal in the workings

eight
12-02-2003, 01:24 PM
I drove it to dallas.

You're going, unless you come up with a better excuse.

I might go to this one instead of clayton. But jeep needs to run on all cylinders and another transmission mount before then. Well, maybe it don't need all 6, plenty of people make it with 4, and I still got 5 good ones, I think.

Doug Krebs
12-02-2003, 01:27 PM
I say you drive it!!! Look what fun i had on the last trip. I spent all day fixing it in BFE San Antonio and then when I did go wheel "just ride around and see whats going on" I managed to blow a whole in the tire the size of my fist.

I say for all those reasons and the many that could happen to the bronco if you drove it, you should not trailer it!!

P.S. Bring your girlfriend, it makes it even more fun, and she can take pictures and run to the parts store!!

fbronco86
12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
I drove it to dallas.

You're going, unless you come up with a better excuse.

when did you drive it to dallas? before you did round 2 jeep mods?

fbronco86
12-02-2003, 02:54 PM
i would drive it but it has no front shocks and i have about no time to put any on it.

BigRedFord04
12-06-2003, 04:32 PM
back to the topic at hand....i'm going to try to plan the llano trip for the 19th-21st. nix should be back the 16th (i think) and i have to work during the week so i cant go until probably the 19th after noon sometime. i'll keep y'all updated w/ dates and times as i know more.

BigRedFord04
12-08-2003, 01:07 AM
i've been told that Lonestar and other Texas clubs are planning a run to llano the weekend of Dec. 27th as a final goodbye the last legal weekend to be out there. so, i'm going postpone our trip out there til that weekend. make it if you can by any means, it will be a great trip.

Violentv8toy
12-08-2003, 01:12 AM
awesome...I'll be there....locked and reeeeeaaady.

:cheers:

TRDyota
12-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
i've been told that Lonestar and other Texas clubs are planning a run to llano the weekend of Dec. 27th as a final goodbye the last legal weekend to be out there. so, i'm going postpone our trip out there til that weekend. make it if you can by any means, it will be a great trip.

I'm going to head out there before then because I'm getting my tonsels and adenoids knifed out on the 26th. Any takers?

TXsizeK5
12-08-2003, 02:25 AM
I'm down for heading out there towards the end of finals week... 17th,18th or whatever. Depends on who has finals and whos going. but i wont have my truck up there. :mad:

I also think cooper was wanting to head out there that week/weekend too.

Anyone else?

dreed
12-08-2003, 03:53 AM
i think im goin to be sick that weekend, so unfortunately i wont be able to make it to work, so i'll probly go when most others go. if 4WP and AGR ever give me my f****** power steering gearbox back. So far it has been 2 full weeks that they have had it, and i was told on friday that they havent even f****** looked at it yet. so if they ever send it back to me then i'll go. that leaking gearbox has been the only thing keeping me from going on the past trips. that and my stupid "job".

J Cooper
12-08-2003, 12:18 PM
my gear box leaks all over the place, doesnt like to turn and sucks ass... just put a $20 junk yard one on and wheel it, then when you get your back switch it

uglyota
12-08-2003, 12:57 PM
what's with all these messed up Heep gearboxes? The toy box is looking better and better:flipoff2:

J Cooper
12-08-2003, 01:00 PM
i dotn know... but im still not switching everything out except for the seats and steering wheal:flipoff2:

uglyota
12-08-2003, 01:28 PM
So you're putting yota seats and steering wheel in tha Heep?
I'm using metric hardware on your bike rack, Jeep boy :flipoff2:

J Cooper
12-08-2003, 01:34 PM
no, i was refereing to when you told me to change everything out... i would defenitely keep my seats and wheel if i did listen to you

uglyota
12-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I figured that, but wanted to rib you about it anyway.
You'd really be missing out keeping Heep seats, though! My SR5 has racecar seats: adjustable wings to hold you in, lumbar, adjustable height... They're sweet!
PS hijack off...for some reason I thought another llano thread had started

Violentv8toy
12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
is TAMOR going as a group? It seems every other club is doing so.

I'd like to go as TAMOR...so if we are going as a group, any directions/date/time in which to meet?

Mack84
12-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Violentv8toy
is TAMOR going as a group? It seems every other club is doing so.

I'd like to go as TAMOR...so if we are going as a group, any directions/date/time in which to meet?

Seems to me like some are going after finals, some are going after christmas, and some people are going to clayton. It is all divided up. It doesnt matter if you go as "TAMOR" or not. Just get ur ass out there before it closes :flipoff2:

Violentv8toy
12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Well don't worry about that, I'll in Uvalde as much as I can...I can wheel without Tamor holding my hand.:rolleyes::flipoff2:

But i've got some friends will want to go to Llano...and I'm wondering if tamor is gonna have a meeting place or what. I've also never been there. Austin, are you playing the role of trail-leader on the 27th?

stx4wheeler
12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
i am not gonna be here the 27th i am going home so brandon and whoever else lets go after finals, i am out on tuesday early i think.:cheers:

BigRedFord04
12-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Violentv8toy
Austin, are you playing the role of trail-leader on the 27th?
yes, i am organizing the trip on the 27th...if you couldnt gather that.

Llano Directions are as follows:
Take 47 out of town to 21. Take 21 into Caldwell and turn right on 36. take 36 all the way until it dead ends into 79. Go west on 79 until you hit IH35. go north on IH35 like 2 exits to hwy 29 and go west on that. take 29 all the way thru Burnet and Buchanan Dam. You'll hit a 4-way stop @ the intersection of 1431 where you'll turn left. Stop at the liquor store on the right to get beer b.c. Kingsland is dry. then continue down 1431 until you see an intersection w/ flashing yellow lights, it should be 3404. turn right and follow that down until you see a bridge and sand and water and stuff. you're there. avoid the locals at all costs.

i'll be leaving from Austin if i'm not already in Kingsland for x-mas w/ the grandparents. either way i'll be there friday. i'll post from there when i'm heading out. more updates to come.

bigFAWKINranger
12-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
yes, i am organizing the trip on the 27th...if you couldnt gather that.

avoid the locals at all costs.

so you'll be trailboss this weekend? excellent- i don't like being the "depthfinder" for the club. even though by now i can cruise to and from eagle rock in 2wd with my eyes closed and truck in reverse. :rolleyes:
.as far as that last piece of advice... if you've never been to llano- indigenous life includes fish, deer, and dumbfuk hillbillies that get uber-competitive when your open diffed ranger punks out their "locked" s-10... then just take a step back and watch the rednecks break their ****ty "rigs" faster than you can laugh at them.
.here's pic that brings back horrible horrible memories...

bigFAWKINranger
12-25-2003, 02:19 AM
I'm guessing you were the redneck, or the dumbfuct hillbilly? :flipoff2:
i don't remember... all i know is, i wasn't the black guy.

BigRedFord04
12-25-2003, 02:22 AM
this is what adam was referring to. this idiot was so drunk, and got so pissed off that his POS S10 couldnt make it up a ledge that adam's truck did, he backed down the hill and didnt look in front of him before putting it in drive and flooring it. once it was upside down he shut it off, but then 5 mins later (still upside down in the river) he climbed in and tried to start it. what a fuktard.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album111/000_0216.sized.jpg

hilarity ensued once upside down. one guy in a POS K5 pulled into the MIDDLE of the river to try and pull from there. he got stuck. then another, smaller, POS K5 pulled behind him and tried pulling on the both of them. it ripped the brush guard and about 6" of frame off the front of the stuck K5. the front clip was no longer held on on one side. afterwards, the 2nd K5 blew up a front axle u-joint going up a sand hill. the stoopid redneks kept repeating "it ain't no thang". said they would just replace the WHOLE front axle the next day and be back out there the next night. i'm guessing they just dont realize some of that stuff can be repaired.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album111/000_0225.sized.jpg

Aftermath. this thing was "pristine" before the roll and the ANNOYING AS F*CK owner was ever so proud of it....which is ironically why he rolled it. his ***** hurt b.c. he couldnt do what nix did.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album111/000_0227.sized.jpg

the greatest part of all this was the fact that the guy never ONCE popped the hood to check anything before driving off late in the night. he was too concerned about the KC lights that he had crushed.

bigFAWKINranger
12-25-2003, 02:31 AM
think he/ they will be there??? oh please god let em be there. i wasn't done rubbing it in. :D