PDA

View Full Version : Flows

4x4TahoeGal
12-02-2003, 09:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of a place around town that may put Flowmasters on my Tahoe for less than $275?? If so, please let me know! Thanks : )

J Cooper
12-02-2003, 09:11 PM
do you already have the flows? if not you can buy me some quiet mufflers and we can trade

Chadnutz
12-02-2003, 09:42 PM
KEEP EM COOP!

TXsizeK5
12-02-2003, 10:17 PM
I have a single in dual out flowmaster 40 delta series, kind of rusty but it works (unless you are going true duals, but for that price from a shop, i doubt it). I can hook you up w. the muffler after xmas or so for CHEAP.

J Cooper
12-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
KEEP EM COOP!

alright if nutz says to keep em I will... at least they will remember me on the trail right in some way

4x4TahoeGal
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Well I want new ones that aren't rusted...I'm just not familiar with good places to deal with around the CS area, so i thought maybe yall would know a shop that might do it for cheaper than $275...they wanted to charge around $400 in Austin!! ugh anyhow thanx guys...

crawlingno5
12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
place in hearne is real good. they put flows and 3 inch turn downs on my truck for roughly 300.. if you want i can find out some more info, but your trusty phonebook should have the place. its right of 6 just as you get into hearne.

TXsizeK5
12-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 4x4TahoeGal
Well I want new ones that aren't rusted...

<cough> it doesnt matter <cough>

It still sounds the same :flipoff2:

TRDyota
12-03-2003, 03:26 PM
If you're willing to drive an hour and a half to austin, maybe you'd be willing to drive an hour and a half to houston. There's a place called Lone Star Muffler, they're real cheap. If you just want the mufflers, the somewhere between 150 and 175. But since i don't think you already have duals, you'll have to get the whole catback system. In that case my friend did his z71 there for 225, and another friend did his dodge their for 250. The shop is on the way to your boyfriends house, too, depending on whether he takes I-45 or not.

uglyota
12-03-2003, 03:38 PM
if you're worried about them being rusted, try getting something else, like borla or gibson, or go the cheap route with dynomax superturbos. Just put the flowmaster stickers on...nobody will look. I won't be replacing my flowmasters with more flowmasters, even though they sound schweet with rust holes:rolleyes:

TXsizeK5
12-03-2003, 03:57 PM
I still have my flowmaster sticker that I never bothered to take off (for that extra 10hp) & i have dynomaxes now, a better muffler in my opinion; much more toned and quiet.

Violentv8toy
12-03-2003, 04:07 PM
I got my exhaust done at Bryan Muffler. They use good quality stuff it looks like. I paid 185 for mine and has no leaks and i'm pretty happy about it. Just go down S. College Ave. and they're on the right about 1/2 mi past the golf course.

Free Estimates. If you go, tell em Mario in the v8 toyota sent ya.
:cheers:

uglyota
12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
carshopinc.com has the true dual dynomax cat back for my truck for around $250.

uglyota
12-03-2003, 04:11 PM
PS don't wanna hijack this, but does anybody know who makes a good 2 inlet, 1 outlet muffler, maybe 3" outlet? I can't seem to find one on borla, dynomax, or, uh, flowmaster's web page.
I want one like Banks makes...but I can't afford Banks.

jerryg79
12-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TRDyota
If you're willing to drive an hour and a half to austin, maybe you'd be willing to drive an hour and a half to houston. There's a place called Lone Star Muffler, they're real cheap. If you just want the mufflers, the somewhere between 150 and 175. But since i don't think you already have duals, you'll have to get the whole catback system. In that case my friend did his z71 there for 225, and another friend did his dodge their for 250. The shop is on the way to your boyfriends house, too, depending on whether he takes I-45 or not.

my buddies uncle owns that place there slogan on this bumper sticker i have is "NO MUFF TOO TUFF", now that is white trash goodness.
Chevy trucks already have a dual inlet 1 out muffler so you can put in two mufflers side by side and have true dual. On the pick ups you can just do turn downs after the muffler since it is past the cab but on a tahoe, that aint so legal.

froader03
12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
if bryan muffler does it for less than 200 I'd say definitely go there. I got mine done for 200 at mcalester, but that was 6 years ago.

and just for shop references I've heard that place in hearne is damn good.

ishbo03
12-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Brandon, thanks for the info on that Lone Star place...if I ever go to Houston with Shawn then I will check that place out...I'm from Austin so that's how much they were trying to charge me when i was there...like 400, that's ridiculous! I hate being a girl, everyone tries to take advantage of you, *** anyhow i will try that place definitely...
i will also try bryan muffler since that's close...thanks everyone for the information...settle down there, Mr. K5...I just want nice new stuff, dont' get angry! *** thanks though : )

-STACY- (i'm on shawn's name, ***)

stx4wheeler
12-04-2003, 08:13 AM
i got mine done on my bronco at home converted to true duals, hollowed out cat's, flowmaster 40's, alumized pipe, h pipe or conecting pipe what ever you want to call it, with some tips for 315, make sure and spend the extra for the good stainless tips so they dont rustaway in two or three years, and if you do get the chrome tips instead then spray the inside of the tip with the 1200 degree heat paint has helped mine from rusting from the inside out.

uglyota
12-04-2003, 10:28 AM
You got a shop to punch out your cats? They got a "Little Mexico" muffler shop, too!!??:D That's a killer deal. Not sure it would be worth the drive, though:flipoff2:
Ditto on the tips. Mine look like chit because they were chrome and rusted from the inside.

stx4wheeler
12-04-2003, 10:17 PM
almost all shops in the valley will do it. I got mine done at one of the more reputable shops to, and they will seel you old cat that have been hollowed out for like 15-30 bucks its great.

BigRedFord04
12-06-2003, 04:52 PM
just FYI for everyone....there's a new exhaust shop in Bryan, i asked, and found out that it has only been there since the end of the summer. its called The "Rusty" Muffler and is directly across from Vilas on Texas. looks like a pretty nice place, evidently they just moved outta the really ghetto part of Bryan. I'm gonna have them fix my exhaust leak and put on an H pipe. i'll let y'all know how they do.