PDA

View Full Version : Coal Creek Mining and Manufacturing Company - 72,000 acres

davido
05-28-2002, 01:06 PM
http://www.coalcreekmining.com

Coal Creek Mining and Manufacturing Company (CCMMC) would like to announce that it has opened its 72,000 acres of land for multi-use activities. They have over 250 miles of trails for the enjoyment of ATVs, Motor Cycles, Jeeps, 4x4s, Rail-buggies, Mountain Bikes, Equestrians and Hikers.

CCMMC is utilizing the services of the Windrock ATV Club as
consultants in the preparation, management, and maintenance of the facility. All trail-related activities will be coordinated through
Windrock ATV Club.

CCMMC land will be open for use by a land-use permit system. All
vehicles within CCMMC borders will be required to have a permit
sticker. To acquire a sticker, the purchaser will be required to sign
a waiver stating they have read and will obey the rules of the area and also sign a liability waiver. Permit stickers are available on a yearly basis for $50, or daily for $10. These permits may be required for horses and hikers and will be required by all vehicles starting January 1, 2001.

CCMMC's land is located in four counties: Anderson, Campbell, Morgan and Roane. It runs from Harriman to Carryville just north of Oliver Springs and Lake City. The area contains many historic sites, vistas and overlooks, and a wealth of wildlife. CCMMC's land is the southern boundary for TWRA's reintroduction of Elk in East Tennessee.

CCMMC has several on-going enterprises that may require some trails not be used for recreation on a periodic or permanent basis due to safety concerns. These trails will be clearly marked and everyone is asked to obey the signs. Most of these trails will be relocated around the unsafe area to allow for continued use. Trail maps do not currently exist but GPS mapping is underway.

For more information contact:

CCMMC Land Use Information
865-927-1446

Windrock ATV Club -
865-435-0486
www.windrockatv.com

Krawler68
05-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Now it's time for a road trip to TN

DRAGOONRANCH
05-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Coal Creek OHV (http://www.coalcreekohv.com/)

Here is the updated link, I wouldn't mind taking a trip out there someday. If anyone would like to try to take a trip out there, let me know, I will be coming home around thanksgiving, then again in february or march next year. I would also like to make a trip out to colorado someday as well.