PDA

View Full Version : truxus mud terrain

ishbo03
12-09-2003, 12:45 PM
does anyone know how long the truxus mud terrains last? $123 a piece is a good price of a mud terrain and i was wondering if they would last me. thanx

jerryg79
12-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Those are yuppie homo swampers....they are the new rage in all those jacked up show trucks...I think you have to have at least 6 chrome shocks on your rig or they wont even sell them to you!

Just my .02:D

uglyota
12-09-2003, 01:23 PM
That's pretty much my take on them.
Pro-craps are generally not the "winner's choice" in tires; the rubber's probably too hard to do any good off road, or if it's soft, it'll be too soft and wear out too fast on the street.
But they've definitely got the Bling bling!
Better go for BFG mudders (good off-road, wear well on the road, and not too loud at 70mph)

eight
12-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Me thinkith yall both missed it.

The trxus mud terrain is a mild mud tire make by interco, not procomp. Simular to a bfg mt or such. The biggest size they come in is 35" so I doubt they're or show trucks, your thinking of the all terrain ones.

I'd go with a maxxis radial buckshot mudder if you want 33" or less. They kickass and cost less than $100.

ishbo03
12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
where can i get the buckshot mudders from and how long do they normally last?

uglyota
12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Good call...I was thinking of the x-terrains.
While performing kickass, I think the buckshots look sweet too

J Cooper
12-09-2003, 02:44 PM
look on the back of landons heavy chevy... those are them

J Cooper
12-09-2003, 02:47 PM
i was talking about the trxus

jerryg79
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by eight
Me thinkith yall both missed it.

The trxus mud terrain is a mild mud tire make by interco, not procomp. Simular to a bfg mt or such. The biggest size they come in is 35" so I doubt they're or show trucks, your thinking of the all terrain ones.

I'd go with a maxxis radial buckshot mudder if you want 33" or less. They kickass and cost less than $100.

Your right i was thinking of the all-terrain ones....didnt know there were two types, all the show trucks at the car show in houston this weekend were spanking it to those since they come in a 20" rim now.....:rainbow:

Buckshots are pretty good tires, never owned any but ive always heard good things about them....and god knows they give the pollock a stiffy!

J Cooper
12-09-2003, 03:20 PM
truxus (http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=1687&occlass=INTE&cat=TIR)

i think you should get these... a real mans tire (http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=2045&occlass=INTE&cat=TIR) :flipoff2:

J Cooper
12-09-2003, 03:28 PM
dont those look better than the truxus... and the price is pretty close

TXsizeK5
12-09-2003, 03:34 PM
the STS "all terrain," looks like somone was free-basing crack when they designed it, which come into sizes as big as 44x21.50

If the buckshot is made anything like the gumbo mudders or ground hawgs , then they are made of pretty hard material and will last forever on the road and the tread will even start to crack before you get alot of wear. Atleast thats what I've heard/seen.
I doubt they will do as well for crawlin sort of wheelin, but alot better in mud.

J Cooper
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
hey the buck shots one this last year... and he was running 30 lbs of pressure in them

Doug Krebs
12-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Snatch Adams
Your right i was thinking of the all-terrain ones....didnt know there were two types, all the show trucks at the car show in houston this weekend were spanking it to those since they come in a 20" rim now.....:rainbow:

Buckshots are pretty good tires, never owned any but ive always heard good things about them....and god knows they give the pollock a stiffy!

20" rims are what some competitors use these day's. Less sidewall equals more stability and less of a chance of puncturing.

Not that any of us can afford a 20" double beadlock or much less a tire that comes in the 20" variety

stx4wheeler
12-09-2003, 04:58 PM
my friend bakc home put some 35 trxus mud tires on his cherokee, and with mounting balancing and certs spent 1000 at discount i think. and no the buckshots arent like the gumbo's and ground hawgs they are much softer. i have a feeling i am gonna hate my ground hawgs once i wheel em on rocks, and hard dirt, oh well they were cheap.

jerryg79
12-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
20" rims are what some competitors use these day's. Less sidewall equals more stability and less of a chance of puncturing.

Not that any of us can afford a 20" double beadlock or much less a tire that comes in the 20" variety

Thanks for the "insight" but im pretty sure that the only thing these guys were competing for was who was the biggest dousche bag.

I dont know if you ever seen the all-terrains but they dont look very "competition" friendly

TXsizeK5
12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by stx4wheeler
my friend bakc home put some 35 trxus mud tires on his cherokee, and with mounting balancing and certs spent 1000 at discount i think. and no the buckshots arent like the gumbo's and ground hawgs they are much softer. i have a feeling i am gonna hate my ground hawgs once i wheel em on rocks, and hard dirt, oh well they were cheap.

What size are you getting & what are you putting them on? I know a guy running 40's and it takes him whever he points em. But he Mainly wheels stuff like the den and at shiloh. his rig is a crew cab 1ton dodge so it wouldnt like trails you'd find in clayton and such.

stx4wheeler
12-09-2003, 06:42 PM
38.5x15 on a 78 bronco i bought two that are with about 90 percent tread for 100 bucks with rims. i was just worried cause they are so hard a compound. mainly be used in mud and sand until if or if i can ever get the stupid thing up here some rocks.

Doug Krebs
12-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Snatch Adams
Thanks for the "insight" but im pretty sure that the only thing these guys were competing for was who was the biggest dousche bag.

I dont know if you ever seen the all-terrains but they dont look very "competition" friendly

I was just talking about 20" rim's not the tire. Are those the tires dougie had??? Cause if they are we've seen them do some wicked burnout's trying to get off a curb!!!

Graystroke
12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
i was just worried cause they are so hard a compound.
pour some bleach on them before you go wheeling. :flipoff2:

stx4wheeler
12-10-2003, 04:19 PM
no i got them from some older guy on ebay that was from somewhere near austin, guy claims to have all these other trucks, blazers, and axles that he wants to sell, but hasnt sent me any pics or lists of the stuff, maybe full of ****.