PDA

View Full Version : head count for Llano trip

bburris
12-15-2003, 02:47 AM
OK, there's a whole bunch of different trips being planned right now. I want to know who all is planning to head out on the Llano River trip on the weekend of the 27th.

So far I know that Blake and I are coming up from Corpus on friday. We're probably getting a place to crash in Marble Falls for friday and saturday night. Its nis barfday officially on the 27th, so starting at midnight he's going to be getting tore down on free drinks from 6th street. I'm going to stay as sober as possible... Go back to Marble Falls to find trailers and crash. Wheel saturday, hopefully wheel some more on sunday.

I want to know who is going to be coming out on friday and saturday to wheel one last time on the Llano...

We're getting a motel/hotel room whatever that's $60 a night most likely, so two more people would make the weekend cheaper than going to Katemcy to sleep on the ground.

I'll update the list below as people respond.

ME
Blake
Austin
Adam Nix
Brandon Yaw
Dan Reed
Jimmy and Carol Mancuso, and maybe a couple of other couples...
Koldpecker

Post up fawkers...

BigRedFord04
12-15-2003, 02:56 AM
as long as nix will be there i will too. my planning for this trip was for me to be able to wheel with him before he goes to florida for a year, and i figured since that was the last weekend its legal, and i heard there will be a lot of people out there, it would be a good time to go. I guess i'll know for sure in a couple days when he gets back but count me in cuz i'll probably be in that general area for xmas anyway. if you want to stay at my grandma's 15 mins from the slab i know for sure she wouldnt mind, and we might even get a free meal out of it.

Violentv8toy
12-15-2003, 02:56 AM
mario.

Shaggy
12-15-2003, 01:07 PM
im going but i doubt the bronco will

Mack84
12-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I would like to go if anyone has an extra seat for me!

TXsizeK5
12-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Can't make it, i'm going to Cali/Vegas.

So the trip for after finals is cancelled?

ClassicJunk
12-15-2003, 10:15 PM
I'll be riding shot gun... with a big dog on my lap most likely.

TRDyota
12-16-2003, 12:47 PM
I am going to go, but possibly just for the day. I will be having surgery on the 29th, however, so i must be back in houston before then. I may even be there on Friday night. So, is this enough of an official trip that i need to send my info to Josh?

dreed
12-17-2003, 02:23 AM
I'm goin

bburris
12-17-2003, 03:14 PM
I just got a PM from Mrs. Mancuso...

BigRedFord04
12-18-2003, 07:24 PM
nix said he's down for the 27th, possibly sporting a new exo-cage....guess it depends on how the events of the weekend go

bigFAWKINranger
12-22-2003, 09:02 PM
yessir- count me in...

Shaggy
12-22-2003, 09:03 PM
you get the cage done?

bigFAWKINranger
12-22-2003, 11:37 PM
sorta- austin has pics

bburris
12-24-2003, 02:22 AM
We just reserved fri and sat nights at the Pack Saddle Motel in Kingsland. Anyone who wants to get some people to split cost with them, tell them it's double occupancy and it's $47 a night. Splitting that three ways, this'll be a cheap weekend and we get a warm place to sleep and a hot shower.:flipoff2:

eight
12-24-2003, 01:49 PM
me goin

Mack84
12-24-2003, 01:55 PM
can i snuggle with you ryan?

Violentv8toy
12-24-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm out. I've got a pretty bad oil leak just behind my front main pulley.

I have no idea why i put a damn v8 in that truck....at least i didn't have to fix this much bullcrap on the 4 banger. So far, this chevy bull hasn't been worth a ****....but its cost me an arm and a leg.

Once again, i'm bummed and out for the 27th, but i'll be on the river the 30th/31st. Pix to come....unless something else goes wrong.:rolleyes:

BigRedFord04
12-24-2003, 05:09 PM
drop the oil pan and check the gasket....fill that sh!t with silicone and bring spare oil. cummon poocie....dont punk out now.

uglyota
12-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Front main seal? Probably a long afternoon (talking out of my ass here). Get er dun!
I wanna see that thing wheel
PS I agree that you shouldn't have whored out your yota stuff and put in a carbed v8, but you're in too deep now. I DEFINITELY have never heard of anybody doing a 22r-e conversion on a 350 converted 22re :D

bigFAWKINranger
12-24-2003, 05:49 PM
no freakin sh!t! an oil leak? dude, bring an extra few quarts... it would not be NEARLY the most involved repair we have done in llano. and i for one say we take the immature attitude and leak as much into the river as we can since they're shutting us down! :flipoff2:
ps- i will be camping at the river by a huge-tacular bigtastic campfire... all those who aren't gay and weak feel free to join.
.ps- still needing some d30 axle shafts... or i'll be out there in locked 2wheel. :rolleyes:

Violentv8toy
12-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Nope. Its a pretty bad leak. Needless to say, i'm pissed. Whenever i kick her in the ass it will spit out onto my crossover pipe and the cab will fill with smoke. All the part stores are closed until 26th. Unless by some chance i am able to fix it the 26th and be comfortable with wheelin' it the next day....i'm out.

I'll catch the wheelin' here on the 30th and 31st at Nueces. Have fun guys....take lots of pix.

Noone needs to see my pile o crapola wheel anyway. Its not like it does anything special other than make alot of noise and spin 3 tires.:flipoff2:

And the sad part is its been such kickass weather. He'll, i was wearing shorts today.

BigRedFord04
12-25-2003, 02:01 AM
seriously, quit being a whiny girl and suck it up. roll down the windows and the cab smoke problem is solved. sh!t, bring it to my house in austin friday morning and i'll fix it. kill two birds w/ one stone...oil problem solved and you're more than halfway to llano. i'm starting to think you and chadnutz are suffering from the same illness....web wheeler denial. :flipoff2: i'm serious about the offer, parts stores are 10 mins from my house. and even if it doesnt get fixed you can always catch a ride w/ someone and at least be there for the :cheers:

bigFAWKINranger
12-25-2003, 02:13 AM
w3rd. c'mon dood.... its not that tuff to fix a leak. make austin fix that **** for you, then go wheelin...

Violentv8toy
12-25-2003, 02:19 AM
Is it that obvious that i've got web wheeler syndrome? :flipoff2:

Its too bad an oil leak. It leaks like a quart of oil every hour and it gets caught in the air of the fan and it sprays everywhere all over my pretty engine and the compartment. I'll fix the thing on the 26th when parts stores are open and i'll wheel in Uvalde before the 1st. I don't have a good truck to tow with anyway. Tranny is badass though :)

And this engine just got swapped in so i gotta be nice to it. Sorry guys...no slabs for me :flipoff2: Ya'll can git r dun without me.

EDIT: and the diff between me and nutz is different. I build and then break. Nutz just builds....veeerrrry slowly.:flipoff2:

BigRedFord04
12-25-2003, 02:29 AM
too bad of an oil leak? FIX IT! make nutz tow you here and there, he's not wheeling any time soon. y'all should become good buddies anyway. i call bullsh!t on you wheeling uvalde. you're just saying you will so we dont lump you in w/ chadnutz. had any tools stolen lately? :flipoff2:

Violentv8toy
12-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
i call bullsh!t on you wheeling uvalde. you're just saying you will so we dont lump you in w/ chadnutz. had any tools stolen lately? :flipoff2:

We'll until i can pull the seal outta my ass, she aint gettin' fixed until the 26th plain and simple. I can make Uvalde easy since its only a 25 mile drive and some friends want to go too. I can make Uvalde on the 30th much easier than Llano on the 27th.(thats 275 miles)

I'll take pics. Like hell i'll miss this. :flipoff2:

BigRedFord04
12-25-2003, 02:39 AM
ok...since mario is a big poon jabby and is not going...when will everyone else be there? Myself and nix will be there friday afternoon ~4pm with passengers. Brandon Yaw said he was showing up saturday late morning w/ his brother. who else? burris?

bburris
12-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Blake, Paul and I are heading up tomorrow evening. After we dump the trailers and Blake's truck at the hotel we're heading into Austin for Blake's 21st to get good and plastered. Paul is DD for us since he doesn't drink. We'll be on the river sometime saturday morning.

Shaggy
12-25-2003, 06:40 PM
i am headed that way tomorrow sometime... i might have to go to college station first because my dumb ass forgot my sleeping bag and crap

BigRedFord04
12-25-2003, 08:43 PM
i'm sure i have an extra sleeping bag i can bring for you from Austin. do you have a tent? cuz i have two in my truck, i'll call you tonite about that. what else you need? i have your big cooler too. :flipoff2:

eight
12-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Me and Kurt are leaving early tomorrow morning from KC before 6 I hope. The 36s are lookin kinda small and all-terrainish.

Hey Ugly, you gonna show up? How bout Knoller? Seems Krebs thinks it'll be more fun to sit this trip out.

bburris
12-26-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm about to leave...have fun, see ya'll tomorrow.

uglyota
12-27-2003, 02:36 AM
not this one...sorry mang
going to Pennsylvania tomorrow.

eight
12-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Well, I guess it was a good trip. Started by everyone climbing the rock by eagle rock. Went on from there and noticed some popping and found I had broken a u-joint cap in an axle shaft. Didn't have a grinder (caps welded in) so I went to town and bought one at Ace and started grinding in their parking lot untill I was kicked out. So I got the jeep back together and started to head out down the trial but Nix showed up with a steering box ripped off the frame. So I welded it back on. And Mexican Scott with EB showed up with a hole in a steering line. Then I was playing around eagle rock area and found a nice steep line that looked like I could make. So I gave it the assault but the rock fought back and sent a fan blade into the radiator, maybe you remember me never getting around to swapping an electric fan on. So there I was, high centered on this ledge with my skidplate caught in a way that I could not back down. So then Nix decides he can pull me up and proceeds to break the 1 axle shaft in his d30 and seperate the ball joints. So he got that semi back together and out the way. Then Mr. Mancuso hooked up his winch but my jeep must have not wanted to settle for that, so it started up, I put it to it, and made it up. I'll have pics when I can upload them at mi casa in a few weeks. Tried to solder the radiator holes but it didn't work. Reel rigs get towed home. :flipoff2:

Violentv8toy
12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Alot of people there?

Shaggy
12-28-2003, 10:05 PM
there was quite few people out there... i was expecting more though. all in all it was a good trip... Nix got the carnage award and major got the kick ass award for sending another dog to the vet with a huge hole in his sholder. little koldpecker gets the drunkass award for getting waisted and pukeing in adam's truck and last but not least i get the award for digging a cool hole that fit a person.

BigRedFord04
12-28-2003, 11:43 PM
i had a blast this weekend! i'm uploading my pics now. my only carnage was peeling back the diff cover on my D60 behind eagle rock. easily fixed w/ a hammer. chadnutz, you will be happy to know that i smash the F*CK out of my steering and it held like a champ. Major did well in the bed with Tate and Kingsley.
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album234/DSC00089.sized.jpg

bigFAWKINranger
12-28-2003, 11:58 PM
as the recipient of the Carnage Award, i'd like to thank me, bc without me i coulda never broke all that ****. 2 debeaded tires, 1 steering box ripped of the frame- which i cured with a ratchet strap until koldpecker could weld it, and i grenaded the piss out of my only front axle shaft... and somehow managed to drop the knuckle off the ball joints... AND, bent my tie rod.

bigFAWKINranger
12-29-2003, 12:03 AM
i'd like to add that, in light of brandini's theory that real rigs don't ride on trailers.... i DID manage to drive that thing all the way back to dallas tonight.

Shaggy
12-29-2003, 12:58 AM
I put up about half of my pictures... the rest will be put up soon
pics (http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/album235?page=1)

eight
12-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger
as the recipient of the Carnage Award, i'd like to thank me, bc without me i coulda never broke all that ****.

I beleive I deserve mention in this for my part as the load in the axle shaft breaking. Thanks.

bigFAWKINranger
12-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by eight
I beleive I deserve mention in this for my part as the load in the axle shaft breaking. Thanks.
true, i give you partial credit, but who was the moron who FLOORED it after 3 or 4 unsuccessful atempts..... :flipoff2:

Shaggy
12-29-2003, 12:51 PM
they are all up now

eight
12-31-2003, 04:42 PM
My rear axle has 1" of toe in now and I can't find the adjuster for it. :confused:

aggielr
12-31-2003, 04:50 PM
maybe a torch and a really bfh:flipoff2:

that sucks, and it was a 60 right? how did u manage that one?

eight
01-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Yep, its a 60. Don't know how it happened. While I contemplate how I'm gonna put it straight again I think its not gonna give up easy. If all goes bad I've got a 14 bolt.

TRDyota
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Alright, I know that there are kinda late, but I'm really lazy and just got these developed/loaded. Enjoy.

TRDyota
01-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Austin's Ford

TRDyota
01-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Nix's Ford

TRDyota
01-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Nix gets some air...in his tires.

TRDyota
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
And, one more...

eight
01-27-2004, 09:31 PM
While we're adding pics, I'll put some too.

This my broken jeep, notice the rock that smashed skidplate is under there.

eight
01-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Another angle.

eight
01-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Tow rig? It did more driving there than the jeep did.