PDA

View Full Version : the 2WD is havin some engine problems

Jordn284
01-19-2004, 02:03 AM
ok, so my truck decides that it really likes having the engine light on. It turns on without failure within 100 miles or so of resetting the comp. by unplugging the batter for an extended amount of time. i've gone to auto zone and they erase the code, but it always comes back. it says lean bank 2 and 1, O2 sensor you'd think, but i replaced them not long ago. Could it be injectors, or the fact that i have an Fipk? one of the o2 sensors kinda is ghetto rigged, the clip to snap it in broke, so i shoved it in all the way and zip tied it together, so that shouldnt be the problem., is there anyway to erase the code forever, or reprogram the computer, if not... how much are new comps for this truck and is it worth it when it comes to performance and mpg's? just a few questions, sorry i havent been very active lately, i thought i was sellin the rig, but since i now know that no one wants it, the TAMOR sticker is goin up soon, and im hopin to ride along with derek on the next trip ,

Jordan

crawlingno5
01-19-2004, 04:43 AM
i thought i was sellin the rig, but since i now know that no one wants it,

its a pita to sell a f*rd.. Some sucker will buy it off your hands, just get rid of it before it becomes the exxon valdez.. how much were you looking to get?

and the check engine light is a conspiracy brought on by the auto manufactures and all auto mechanics.. dont worry about it..

robertf03
01-19-2004, 11:47 AM
what year is the truck? Didn't think any of the ttb trucks had 2 O2 sensors.

if its lean its not the clip, its fuel delivery. a bad connection will make it think its rich

uglyota
01-19-2004, 01:11 PM
100 miles? Just reset that puppy everytime someone comes to test drive it.:D

BigRedFord04
01-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by robertf03
what year is the truck? Didn't think any of the ttb trucks had 2 O2 sensors,
his truck is 2wd (as stated in the title of th is thread). any Fords `96 and up are OBDII, and some `95s with automatics.

robertf03
01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
his truck is 2wd (as stated in the title of th is thread). any Fords `96 and up are OBDII, and some `95s with automatics.

ok, I meant twin I beam :D I thought I saw a pic of it before, maybe not if its a 96.

Jordn284
01-20-2004, 01:37 PM
hey guys, thanks for the replys.. well, i actually have 3 02 sensors... and ya,its the OBDII Comp. but if the engine light is a conspiracy, does it still make my system run full rich when its activated? if so, then id think id want it to be off at all times so that i dont start guzzling gas

as to selling it... i tried!!! i had it sitting out and about for half of last semester, spent 200 on advertising and still only had a few calls.. i guess i was asking too much, right now i'd take like 4500 or so for it, but i doubt its even worth that much...

well, if anyone knows anybody in the market, let me know.. cause im willing to deal..( i still want that dual purpose bike) but for now i was thinking of putting on the tamor windshield sticker, unless that might make it harder to sell, or ya'll would be discraced by its 2wdedness, haha,

someone said it might be fuel delivery, like.. fuel filter or injectors?? ive thought about changin that stuff out, so maybe now would be a good time to do so.....oh well, thanks

Jordan

Shaggy
01-20-2004, 02:55 PM
total it and claim insurance