PDA

View Full Version : So long to the old double nickel?

mark
06-07-2002, 12:15 PM
Well, well sports fans...

It looks like the 55mph speed limit might be coming to an end in the Houston area. Evidently the protests from you good folks and a miniscule reduction in pollution from driving real slow, have caused Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, at the direction of the Governor, to rethink its strategy for compliance with the Clean Air Act.

The recommendation from the TNRCC is to reinstate the speed limit and cut pollution by requiring heavy state and county trucks in the area to run on emulsified diesel. This should more than make up for the expected pollution reduction that they wanted from the lower speed limit.

The EPA still has to approve, but the signs are encouraging.

If it goes through, the cops on 290 will have to find something new to busy themselves.

-Mark

Krawler68
06-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Badass...it's anightmare driving through harris and Montgomery counties at 55 MPH...

JB
06-09-2002, 03:40 PM
well ****, i got a ticket yesterday for 70 in a 55 on 59S. Think I can get out of it now?

bigFAWKINranger
06-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JBrown89
well ****, i got a ticket yesterday for 70 in a 55 on 59S. Think I can get out of it now?

yeah...i'm sure you could... just go explain your situation to them. i have 2 warrants for unpaid tickets too... speeding tickets at that... think we can go together so they can laugh and point at us both at once???

bburris
06-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by JBrown89

haha, not likely - was asking my uncle about this (resident of Harris County) and he said reports that he's heard have been that this could take as long as 2-3 years to convert back to 70....after it took, what, a month to go to 55?