PDA

View Full Version : B&M Trans Pan - No fit for 78 Bronco

Moose
01-26-2004, 03:53 PM
I guess I really am new to this stuff. With Summit being so confident that the Deep Trans Pan for a C6 by B&M would be a great addition to the bronco, I decided to buy the pan from O'Reilly (they were $20 cheaper). Neither one said anything about the TRANSMISSION CROSS MEMEBER (I couldn't wait long enough listening to that stupid recording to wait for B&M's tech help). This thing doesn't fit with it in place. So my options are: 1) cut the crossmember (NO), 2) fab a crossmember to fit the deep pan (expensive?), or 3) unbolt all that crap that came with the deep pan and clean everything so O'Reilly will take it back w/out crying to go back to the stock pan.

Anybody every go with a remote trans filter kit?

Moose
01-26-2004, 10:56 PM
(Just for the few bronco owners who are even remotely interested)

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard replied with, ".The trans pan will fit. Thanks, Mark." What kind of busted answer was that!? I wrote:

How do you install the B&M pan with the crossmember in place. I
don't mind unbolting the crossmember to install the pan, but will it be in the way of the trans crossmember after installation? If you have any other suggestions, please feel free. Thanks

I wanted to hear something like: Yes, Mr Clarke. The trans pan will fit. Place a jack under the transmission. Unbolt the 12 bolts holding the crossmember. Lift the transmission to where you can remove the crossmember. Bolt in the transmission pan. Lower the jack enough to install the crossmember. You should still have less than an inch between the pan and crossmember.

I replied with a similar message above. I'll keep everyone updated in case it's a playboy model who just wants to have mad sex with me for hours until my balls turn from pink to yellow to pale to blue to green and back to pink again... just wondering if anyone was really paying attention to my rant. Thanks.

uglyota
01-27-2004, 11:25 AM
so it does fit? a few specialized tools like a piece of cardboard and a tape measure should indicate to you whether or not the new pan is going to hang down too low to fit inside your xmember. If it does fit, had it not occured to you that you might have to drop the xmember--which sits right beneath the pan--before you could drop the pan?
Oh, wait, were you looking for sympathy? It's in the dictionary...
:D

Moose
01-27-2004, 06:57 PM
...oookkk, I guess I deserved that for bein a scared puss. But you gotta understand how anal I am when stuff doesn't work. To say I would be dissapointed is an understatement. It's the same thing as if you were gonna get laid all night by a girl with bouncy golden locks, a bubble ass, and a DD44 bra size, and just before she goes to jump in your truck, she sees Shaquile O Neil in his H2 with 26" wheels and ditches you for him instead.

I just got off the phone with Mark from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard and he told me it will fit: I should jack up the 205 instead, unbolt the xmember, slide it toward the rear, install the pan, and reinstall the xmember. I wanted to hear from them that I won't have interference with anything else unexpected. I don't know what, but I can't count the number of times I'm half way into the install when I realize it doesn't fit. Sympathy, maybe. An actual fact, shyea!

uglyota
01-28-2004, 10:28 AM
just playin man. I've been there.
Glad everything worked out and Shaq didn't run away with your...transmission pan :confused: