PDA

View Full Version : how did troy do in the prorock this weekend?

StevenAg03
06-09-2002, 11:40 PM
well scott, troy, lynda, anyone????

redcagepatrol
06-10-2002, 09:34 AM
Not that great, but here are the pics,
http://www.pbase.com/sas4813/
I have a feeling that we came in last place but we didn't stay around for the awards.

In other news, Jason Larman was up there too competing in the Trophey class.

spool
06-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Well to start it only took us 8 hours to get to Disney. Sat was a good day with some good challenges we just had some bad luck. On one stage my bumper keep getting hung up and I hit a cone. Another stage my front tire was about 2 feet away from a cone and it hopped over and hit the cone. The second from the last stage I ripped my driver rear shock mount off the axle tube. Because of all the trouble with the front bumper we torched off the ends of the bumper flush with the frame rails Saturday afternoon. Sunday was not a good day at all. I did great on the first stage but that was about it. The second stage was a straight up rock wall climb coming out of the water. My jeep took a bounce and with no rear shock the track bar bracket cut the wires going to my fuel pump. After fixing that I time out on the next stage then hit a cone on the next stage. On the next stage I timed out. Finally I made it through a stage then I timeout on the last stage. The last five stages we ran were the same for the trophy class. There is some really hard stuff in Disney. Scott feel free to fill in anything I missed.

redcagepatrol
06-10-2002, 10:00 AM
That's very brief run-down of the crap we had to go thru. Just imagine how many rocks and crap I had to stack to end up timing out, my arms and legs are sore.
I am sure that many of you have seen some nasty ledges and Troy and I thought they wern't that bad. The lines that they had out there were designed by course designers on crack, although a few trucks did actually make it up. We needed alot of luck, or alot bigger tires to make it up the ledges they had out there.

Krawler68
06-10-2002, 10:26 AM
or bigger cahones... Good to see you getting it Troy boy... I hope you have better luck next time... those wet rocks suck balls.

I am really digging Don Robbins cruiser's hydro leveling setup... I like the elimation of a jack from you tool inventory... damn that's cool...

redcagepatrol
06-10-2002, 10:40 AM
They had THREE FJ's with that setup! They are d amn cool. As you can see, one of them broke a 35 spline D60 outer shaft with 37's! It also twisted the inner shaft and broke the u-joint. Those were my favorite trucks out there and they do very well.

Something else wiend that we saw was a Mazda rotery engine connected to a Mog drivetrain, very interesting.

We also watched FIVE rollovers in a row, on the same obstacle in the Trophy class. They all took two or three sideways rolls and popped out of the truck waving to the crowd. Sorry no pics, my camera stopped working just before we started watching. By the way, one of those FJ's walked right up where the others were rolling.

Krawler68
06-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Since i'm still brainstorming to EB's suspension I'll definetley be putting some thought into a setup like that... should it use a lever or an orbital valve? auot leveling under most circumstances with a manual overide? I'm not very familiar with this...bring on the reral shiat ME's...

robertf03
06-10-2002, 11:06 AM
just get the damn thing running

Krawler68
06-10-2002, 11:16 AM
It is running... It's a damn sight closer to seeing trails than "the Flem" now someone start brainstorming on suspension design... I'll move the thread to tech

davido
06-17-2002, 12:46 AM
Is this hydro assist gone bad?
http://www.pbase.com/image/2455916

davido
06-17-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey Troy,

We're you running with these guys?
http://www.pbase.com/image/2455939

It seems like you may want to add some more lift. ~dso

Krawler68
06-17-2002, 09:57 AM
less fender.... more lift is ALWAYS the wrong response...
:D :D