PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas for Sway Bar Links?

Moose
02-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I've lifted my 78 Bronco 4". However, the Superlift kit doesn't come with extended sway bar links for the front nor the rear. Anyone got any ideas or know anyone that can fabricate a set? Preferably adjustable.

TXsizeK5
02-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I know where you can put that swaybar... in the trash.

I ditched mine and havent run it for over a year and don't miss it a bit.

stx4wheeler
02-09-2004, 01:18 AM
get rid of that thing. It dont do crap i had one of the links on mine out for like 6 months put it back in and it did absolutely nothing. kate took hers off when she did her lift and said it didnt make any difference. Sway bars are:rainbow: and for jeeps

Ingenloff
02-09-2004, 01:58 AM
I ditched the sway bar for two reasons:

1) it wasn't going to make a difference in how the beast drove one way or another, and....

2) one of the rod ends broke when it was being removed from the truck, so it ended up in the scrap pile :D

You're not likely to be able to tell a difference in how it rides, even on the highway; don't think I've heard anyone say that they needed it....so don't waste your time and energy, hon. Congrats on gettin that lift done. :cheers:

Broncocustom
02-09-2004, 08:39 AM
That was the first thing we took of the bronco when I bought the truck. You do not need it.

Moose
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Damn! I bought a Energy Suspension bushing kit for the front and the rear for $25 per kit. Thanks for the input.

Also, 4WheelParts is quoting me $1300 for 4 - 15x10 white wagon wheels and 4 - 35x16 TSL Boggers; mounted, lifetime ballance, w/free lug nuts. Yall know of anyone else who can beat that?

eight
02-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Wouldn't hurt to price em at Discount. Those wheels shouldn't be over $40 each. But those are some high dollar tires.

Also, 4 wheel parts gives different prices through their store or their mail order. The 35s and wheels on my dodge were about $250 less through the mail order than the san antonio store.

TXsizeK5
02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I recon you could get that package from National Tire & Wheel for a tad cheaper.

www.ntwonline.com

Broncocustom
02-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Every time I bought parts or tires I would get prices from all the different companies (the main ones in Peterson) and play them against each other. What I have done is I look at all the prices and see what the lowest is for each part. Most the time one company is cheaper on the tires and not the wheels or the other way around. Call the company you want to deal with and say you just talked with "joe" at xyz company and he will sell them to you for x amount of $ and ask him if he can beat this price. Worked every time for me because they usually have alot of room to play on the price.

Moose
02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
James: We rode that donkey too with the lift kit. I quoted him a price from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, and he asked to see a computer printout. The 4WheelParts on Gessner (if any of you know where that is) was kind of anal. Didn't like to answer a lot of install questions. I guess they wanted to install it themself. But he was willing to haggle. He took off $100 if I could pay a deposit. When I came back to pick up the bushing kit Sat, I asked some more questions and they let me ask some questions to an installer. He had the volume on full to Hank, Rober Earl, Pat G. Had a goat tee down to the paving.

Anywho.

Derek: How much would shipping be compared to the upscale buying them in town? I'll get a quote from them.

Ryan: The wheels were only $40~45/wheel. The tires were $260/tire w/out mount or ballance.

Ben97XJ
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Definately check discount tire. They have a great warranty if you plan to be cutting sideways or if you just need new tires. They have a free replacement warranty.

Broncocustom
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I never bought from the stores. I did everything by phone. When I bought my 38's and when I bought my 42's I talked 4wheelparts into free shipping. 5 42's with steel rims wiegh alot but they wanted my business and like I said before they have a decent amount of room to change the price.

TXsizeK5
02-09-2004, 10:45 PM
My friend bought some 15x12 MT classic2's and 33BFGs from ntwonline and the price was not bad shipped, mounted, balanced.