PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Shop

BigRedFord04
02-12-2004, 01:37 AM
I just wanted to mention again to y'all the place called The "Rusty" Muffler on Texas Ave. in Bryan right across the street from Vilas. I took my truck there to have exhaust leaks fixed and the guy did a kickass job for dirt cheap. he put on an H-pipe and welded an insert in to screw the O2 sensor in for $40 and replaced my driver's side pipe from the collector back to where the exhaust used to come together...adding a new flange and bends and everything for another $25. I asked him about sponsoring TCC and he said he already had too much $$ tied up in radio commercials and another sponsorship, so he couldnt give us any money, but i think i'm gonna go back and ask if he can donate a muffler for the raffle. Anyway, check it out. the owner's name is Rusty (hence the name), and he's got 25 yrs of experience working at McAllisters. he does all the work.

robertf03
02-12-2004, 01:43 AM
does he use aluminized steel, or that junk mcallisters used?

you have any pictures of your exhaust? I'm having a hard time picturing how an H pipe is ran on an f150

BigRedFord04
02-12-2004, 01:59 AM
the H-pipe is really nothing special. basically, he just removed the piece that the O2 sensor used to plug into, where it always leaked...cut a hole in either side of the exhaust banks, and welded a 2" pipe between them, then cut and welded the nut for the O2 sensor. i'm pretty sure its aluminized. we'll find out tomorrow when it does or doesnt rust b.c. of the rain.

BigRedFord04
02-12-2004, 03:12 AM
fixes

H-pipe
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album237/DSC00531.sized.jpg

Collector
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album237/DSC00530.sized.jpg

uglyota
02-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
...the nut for the O2 sensor...
I think it's called a bung...
it fits in your bunghole
:D

StevenAg03
02-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by uglyota
I think it's called a bung...
it fits in your bunghole

this reminds me....

while at work a couple weeks ago, this guy callas and asks for wayne(supervisor) i told him he was no in and ask if he wants to leave a message....he tells me that he got his "bunghole in for his petcock" and hung up.

now not knowing exactly what this meant, i was kinda thrown off. thought it was some gay prank caller. turns out he welded a bung into wayne's oil tank for his motorcycle.

anyway....back to your regularly schedueld programing

uglyota
04-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Chalk another one up for Rusty...
had him cut off my rusted dual 'Flows and put in a 2 in, one 3" out and turndown (flowmaster again, but it was cheap). $175+tax out the door. Nice guy, fast, good looking work, and truck sounds a lot better now.

uglyota
05-04-2004, 09:38 AM

uglyota
05-04-2004, 10:08 AM

jerryg79
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Hell yeah....Dumps like a truck!

I think krebs did a better job on mine, it has character!:flipoff2:

uglyota
12-23-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm gonna add to this thread instead of contributing to another dumb exhaust shop thread:
Rusty also quoted me $60 to weld on my muffler (on ugly) and bend and weld on a tailpipe. He's reasonable and good, and a nice guy.

Doug Krebs
08-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah....Dumps like a truck!

I think krebs did a better job on mine, it has character!:flipoff2:

I had forgotten about that. That was a "canadian" special. I remember we didn't have the right reducers so we just cut slits in the reducers and squeezed them to the right size.

FJAggie07
08-09-2007, 01:29 PM
holy revived thread batman!

Doug Krebs
08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
only because someone posted a link from another thread...

DRAGOONRANCH
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
holy revived thread batman!

aw hell, don't get me wound up......

davido
08-10-2007, 11:08 PM
I would highly suggest Rusty at The Rusty Muffler. He should have a better name. He does a bad ass job. Did exactly what he said he would, fast and cheap. He had to replace the studs (because I broke all of them off removing it). Only cost $50 for all six. The bus is so quiet now. He tucked it up high and bent down the back. It looks good. Highly recommend.