PDA

View Full Version : Alto Sunday Feb 29th?

uglyota
02-16-2004, 12:03 PM
My sister will be in town so I'm taking her wheelin'.

Anybody down?

I've never been there, so if somebody who knows logistics could post them that would be sweet.

Just a day trip...I put a new clutch in yesterday and I need to see if it's gonna last a few trips...and I just wanna wheel!

BigRedFord04
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
it'll only last one trip thru there, good luck. i didnt even know your pile ran.

uglyota
02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
someone piss in your cornflakes?:confused:

BigRedFord04
02-16-2004, 12:54 PM
yes....but i dont want to go into it

eight
02-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Ever gonna fix that rear diff?

Violentv8toy
02-16-2004, 01:19 PM
If i get my steering done and leaks fixed, i'm game.

fbronco86
02-16-2004, 02:14 PM
just watch out for the drunk folks on the 4 wheelers they are crazy.

uglyota
02-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by eight
Ever gonna fix that rear diff?
how about this sunday?

eight
02-16-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm going south for this weekend. Somethin about a party I'm supposed to go to.

fbronco86
02-16-2004, 04:31 PM
i am going east this weekend.

TXsizeK5
02-19-2004, 12:51 PM
What do you need done to the rear diff?

eight
02-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TXsizeK5
What do you need done to the rear diff?

Its defective, it allows one tire to sit still while the other spins.

uglyota
02-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, some moron in Japan wanted to be able to drive it on the street.

Back on topic...is anybody down for this trip?
Anybody know where this place is, how much it costs, etc?

Test drove Ugly yesterday...clutch grabs and trailer lights work...now I just need to fix my towbar.

Ingenloff
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by uglyota

Test drove Ugly yesterday...clutch grabs and trailer lights work...now I just need to fix my towbar.

Glad she's runnin' again.:D

I'm goin to pick up an old carb today to rummage parts from (hopefully it'll have the rods for the accelerator pump on there that I need)....If get her runnin again before then I may be down for a day trip.

jerryg79
02-19-2004, 04:10 PM

Test drove Ugly yesterday...clutch grabs and trailer lights work...now I just need to fix my towbar. http://www.shilohridge.com/

i think its like 10--12 per person or something like that.

Dont wear any nice clothes cause everything you have out there will be stained red!!!

uglyota
02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Sweet...thanks guys (guy & gal?)!

Kate, you got a hitch on that beast? I might be good for some gas money if you pull my pile.:D

Ingenloff
02-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Kate, you got a hitch on that beast? I might be good for some gas money if you pull my pile.:D

Sure the Beast has got a hitch! You gonna help me fix 'er, too? ;)

BigRedFord04
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
good luck....like to see you top this :flipoff2:

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album79/shiloh09.sized.jpg

uglyota
02-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
good luck....like to see you top this :flipoff2:

Yes, I'm going explicitly for the purpose of drowning my truck in goop:rolleyes:

You got anything useful to add, Mud Stud?

stx4wheeler
02-20-2004, 01:45 PM
yeha dont run your truck through that same hole as the one in austins picture cause if you do no more ugly truck, but i guess then the hole would have some nice filler.:cheers: i might go if i can get some cash or ride with someone.

jerryg79
02-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by stx4wheeler
yeha dont run your truck through that same hole as the one in austins picture cause if you do no more ugly truck, but i guess then the hole would have some nice filler.:cheers: i might go if i can get some cash or ride with someone.

that whole aint **** compared to the one i seen scott go off in once out there when he still had the yota. there was ****ing 55 gallon drums and **** floating in it was nasty

that was also the same trip that ate brian ritchey's motor

Jackasic
02-20-2004, 02:02 PM
them were days, who has pics of that trip? Remember Mark doing donuts?

uglyota
02-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Jackasic
them were days, who has pics of that trip? Remember Mark doing donuts?
Haha the scout's still got mud in the dash.

Shaggy
02-20-2004, 03:31 PM
that place is evil... i killed a clutch in my trooper and then the next trip destroyed a built motor with like 3000 miles on it and also broke the frame

Violentv8toy
02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
clean your PM box, eric.

I'm looking to get my toy up here this weekend. If it happens, i may just be game. I basically need the steering. hood. engine work which is not alot at all. I've been seeing everyone cruising their 4xs around CS since the beautiful weather....really makes me wanna get my toy done....just had to quit for a while earlier this month.

You think I could Borrow your towbar this weekend? Unless you're using it....

gimme a call.

Violentv8toy
02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
hehe

I'm checkin' out the video's on their website. Looks like alot of fun. the rain should make it pretty nasty.

Whos up for helping the webwheeler this week? Its not alot, and me and a few friends could get it done, but it would make it less stressful if I could get some help.

1. Steering/knuckle switch

2. a little engine tuning (yes in the dark)

3. water pump

4. move front axle forward

I for sure need to move the front axle forward by redrilling the perches...or i can cut my driveshaft down an inch....or both....havent decided yet.

Who all is going btw?

uglyota
02-24-2004, 04:52 PM
clean out yr pms:flipoff2:

stx4wheeler
02-24-2004, 05:15 PM
id like to go maybe if anyone has room for me

Violentv8toy
02-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Driving the toy today, i broke the power steering pump bracket. Gonna weld it back up. Engine tuning is finally done though.

Runs sweet though...lots of power.

Pm's clean.

uglyota
02-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Okay...anybody going with me?

To clarify...this will be sunday only (so don't complain that your rig doesn't run...you've got all day saturday)
I'm thinking we meet at the McDonalds on University at 8:30 or 9am and leave from there.

Let's try and figure out who's riding with who, who has extra seats, etc. My sister will be riding with me, so no extra seat. If I end up towing myself, I will have an extra seat or two for the drive up.

Plan on ten bucks or so at the gate. I'm not for sure...I'll try and call them again

Also, "for safety's sake" email or pm your info (name, ssn, address, next of skin) to Josh (tariqui)

Violentv8toy
02-26-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm going. I'll git my truck done and i'll be there hell or high water.
Considering driving it, so i'll have an extra seat. My other POS is acting up, so does anyone feel like towing me?

Doesn't anyone wanna go to watch the black toy break and drown? :flipoff2:

TXsizeK5
02-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Hell I'll take a ride if I'm gunna be here.... I may still be in Corpus.. I'll let you know though

J Cooper
02-26-2004, 06:14 PM
i need a seat, i was gonna ride with cj but hes taking his girlfriend and i dont feel like taking mine.. so if anyone has one let me know

Violentv8toy
02-26-2004, 06:35 PM
bought some shocks...definately gonna drive the toy there now.

pay 1/4 of the gas and get a seat....any takers?

J Cooper
02-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Violentv8toy
bought some shocks...definately gonna drive the toy there now.

pay 1/4 of the gas and get a seat....any takers?

sold

matt
02-26-2004, 07:14 PM
i'm going and a buddy is going to bring his truck and follow me out there. he isnt a member of the club so hes just going to follow me around on the trails and stuff. be at mcdonalds around 845 then.:texas:

stx4wheeler
02-26-2004, 10:10 PM
how many miles is it to alto.

jerryg79
02-26-2004, 10:23 PM

fred posted this in another thread, thought this would help....

hey dip****
www.randmcnally.com

www.mapquest.com

www.maps.yahoo.com

www.mapsco.com

www.aaa.com

redcagepatrol
02-27-2004, 09:50 AM

it's 2 hours from College Station on 21 :flipoff2:

stx4wheeler
02-27-2004, 01:54 PM
alright thanks for those who dont feel like looking it is a round trip of about 300 miles is what mapquest says.

Violentv8toy
02-27-2004, 02:15 PM
my tow took a crap.

Anyone wanna gimme a tow? I don't know if i can drive it cause i won't have shocks until monday. Sad story. You got a tow by chance Cooper?

EDIT: and i'll be working on my toy all day today and tomorrow....gonna be doing my steering and odds and ends. if anyone wants to help out, gimme a call. 220-3108

uglyota
02-27-2004, 03:00 PM
So are you coming scott?

Okay right now it looks like I'll be driving up there with Ugly in tow. My sister's riding with me (do NOT confuse these two statements), but the tow rig has a back seat, so two people are welcome to it.

CJ's pulling his own rig up there and his girlfriend's got shotgun.

Kate may or may not be going, and may or may not be able to pull somebody? Maybe Kate, Mario and Coop can work something out on the fuel so she won't have any more excuses?

Matt and his buddy are driving themselves?
Willing/able to pull someone?

Mr. Preziden? Kopecki? Kevin? Derek?

leaving from McDonalds at 9am sunday

matt
02-27-2004, 03:15 PM
not able to tow. just in a jeep. might have an open seat if none of my buddies from the corps can go. so maybe an open seat.

TXsizeK5
02-27-2004, 05:34 PM
In corpus bud, sorry. If I feel up to it I may leave extra early and meet yall there with the ****box... doubtful though.

Tariqui
02-27-2004, 06:09 PM
People going who have sent me their info:

Mario Gonzales

I hope he has fun by himself. Unless other people send me their stuff or at least let me know they are going.:flipoff2:

Violentv8toy
02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
keep an eye out....the toy is rollin' around.

Just need the hood. I've got a tow too. I'm probably bringing a few friends...but you're still welcome cooper.

EDIT: gonna be working on it tomorrow too. Gimme a call anyone.

Violentv8toy
02-28-2004, 09:40 PM
I didn't get around to changing the waterpump...but i need to. Maybe someone can help me change it in the parking lot or i'll just plug the weep hole and see how far it gets me.

depending on how my night goes, i'll be at mcdonalds at 9:00-9:30....or i won't be there at all. See you there cooper, if u still wanna ride.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:23 AM
heres some pics

... spent all night making tow bars for the ugly and cjs jeep

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:24 AM
finished.................. just to find out the camber was off on the jeep so we had to use a trailer

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:26 AM
at alto... annie learned the tamor salute quick.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:28 AM
then i pulled out mario.. to find he broke the front drive shaft... other than that the black truck ran great... and no one broke anything

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:31 AM
it was also cjs first trip

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:32 AM
stuck again

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:33 AM
look at this beast

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:36 AM
it was a great time... small group, no stress, just having fun, great drive there and back.. untill.................
made it to the front of the house to drop off jeep, saw steam... and this is what i saw

that makes 5 broken hubs on passenger side... so david i would like to change out my plaque at rudys:flipoff2:

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:38 AM
so decided to move it to the drive way to fix it, and while backing up....

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:39 AM
hope the people behind us on the highway didnt get hit with a warn hub

robertf03
03-01-2004, 01:50 AM
was your wheel loose and knocked the hub off when the wheel gave?

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 01:55 AM
the rim ate through the hub like a saw and that was the only thing holding it on the jeep... everything... including the lugs are gone.

i think what happened is that when i was leaving and unlocking the hub i noticed that the lock washers and the bolts were slightly loose.. i think some dirt and water got in there.. then while flat towing it locked there bearing up

eight
03-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by J Cooper
finished.................. just to find out the camber was off on the jeep so we had to use a trailer

Found a tow bar design yall like? But no telescoping?

What happened with ugly's old tow bar?

Cooper, they're in Karnes City but if you want my old d30 parts to fix that you can have em.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 02:32 AM
what year is it? i need either ones off a 74 narrow trac.. (like that was from) or a scout 44 hub... i have 4 hubs and rotors off the original d30 and like 6 lock outs... but if you have any scout **** or 70s jeeps let me know

eight
03-01-2004, 02:49 AM
81. Got discs and 5 bolt hubs.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 02:56 AM
na... i got a bunch of those parts sitting in the garage... i need 6 bolt for the new premiums i was putting on

uglyota
03-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Found a tow bar design yall like? But no telescoping?

Uglyfab, baby! Would like to make it telescope, but with our design, everything else would have to be made of oddball-size metal so the 2" could slide in the tongue.

What happened with ugly's old tow bar?[/B]

I "fixed" mine so that it could be installed with a BFH...and it worked fine, but I'll feel better when I make a new one. I'm all jealous of CJ's bar...can't be building stuff for people that's better than what I build for myself!

uglyota
03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Coop...that's beautiful!
I knew we couldn't have a trip where no jeeps broke, just a Toyota (cough...er, chevy, cough)
Glad that wheel didn't fly off on the highway...wouldn't have been fun.:(
No pictures of the ugly truck?

redcagepatrol
03-01-2004, 10:52 AM
pics???

jerryg79
03-01-2004, 10:59 AM
This guy behind you welding is one of my good friend's brothers, i think. His name is Greg Zenner. I'm trying to figure out why in the hell he would be over there when there was work going on, or even why he would be over there period. yall dont hang out with a guy name chris moore to do you? I hope not!

uglyota
03-01-2004, 11:00 AM
he's my parents' next door neighbor in KW.
and good friends with my sister, who was in town this weekend.
Make sense now?
Don't worry...he wasn't working!

jerryg79
03-01-2004, 11:02 AM
yeah that makes sense now....that means you might know scott too. That also means you live on BEAVER LODGE...that is the awesomest street name ever!

Btw looked like a good trip!:D

uglyota
03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Is Scott his brother? They moved there when I moved off to college, so I don't know anybody around there real well, but Anne probably knows them all. BTW, PM me greg's email address if you've got it.

Forgot about my trip report:
Yes, it was a fun trip! We rendezvoused at McDonald's at 9am, (well, almost)...got on the road at 10:30, and up to alto without event, after talking to a guy at a gas station who warned us...man, that place is gonna be dangol greasy, man...you guys are gonna get muddy, don't know if you'll be able to do much! Then upon arriving at the place, the owners/operators told us how bad and slippery it was, and how we weren't going to be able to do much except play in the field, so we got out there expecting the worst.

But it wasn't.

Actually, I think the place would be boring if it weren't sloppy. The dark red clay stuff is not slippery, and the washouts and deep creek banks made for some pretty fun "mud crawling."

Everybody had to hit at least a couple mud holes (heck, it was still Alto).

After seeing that the terrain wasn't too tough, kevin went back and got his STOCK bronco and proceeded to beat the snot out of it, and Matt's friend (dang, can't remember your name), grabbed his sweet s-10 and ran it until his thermal linear actuator decided to take a crap.

Mario and Annie (my sister) made a good team, as apparently there was a friendly game of one-upmanship ("watchis"..."betcha won't") going on in the Violent truck. Apparently Mario suggests "you think we can make it through that hole," anne says "you better get some momentum first" (see picture).
After first overextending his slip joint, then smashing a chevy CV, Violent was a donut-spinning monster.

Coop got flexed a little out of his comfort zone, and I think CJ's CJ made the owner happy with his investment. The Ugly truck did alright...nothing special (though I love factory fuel infection :flipoff2: )...and Kopecki and Kate, hey, where were you guys? :flipoff2:
All in all, I think everybody was just happy to be wheeling,

and they lived happily ever after :D

Violentv8toy
03-01-2004, 02:27 PM
I think i saw your hub on the road. There were a couple of pieces of metal on the road.

I got *really* tired and was about to pull over for an hour or so.

It was a great trip. I'm gonna do a square tube front shaft or tractor slip. Overextending it was too easy. What i think broke the cv was the fact that when i hit the mudhole my shaft compressed so much that it bottomed out and broke the first joint and the bolts...which was why that mudhole stopped me so hard and quickly.

Other than that, it did great. Annie took the liberty of cleaning out the engine. She drove it really well....even worked the shifter like a champ. Engine ran better than i could have asked it to. She needed 2nd gear since Annie wasn't afraid to put the hammer down. It was great to finally get behind the wheel and make sure that everything works and runs great. I'm gonna turn it into a DD here in the coming months. Can't wait for the next trip and really get it goin on. Thanks for letting me borrow the strap and eye, Coop. I'll clean em up and get them back to you soon.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 03:28 PM
how far back was it, im interested in when it happened and if maybe i could find it

uglyota
03-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I was ready to pull over in N Zulch instead of falling asleep and crashing two trucks in a ditch. When we hit NZ I decided it was close and I could make it.:D

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
i slept on the way back :flipoff2:.... i think kevin did a couple times

stx4wheeler
03-01-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah i was getting a little tired, so i just turned up the radio and was ready to role again. Hey mario do you remember what town you possibly saw the hub we have been trying to figure out when everything blew apart.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 04:13 PM
speaking of the hub, it looks pretty bad i got the first nut off from inside the hub but the one just before the bearing is frozen in.... any suggestions... besides taking the whole nuckle off to get the shaft out and then cutting off the hub, and removing the spindle and replacing it... in last resort i have a spare d30 in the garage i can pull the whole nuckle from and replace

aggielr
03-01-2004, 04:43 PM
What are u using to get the nut off? I've got the socket that fits it if you don't. Possibly try a little heat? You won't be able to get the knuckle off w/out takin the shaft out because it has to go down enough to get the balljoint studs out.

J Cooper
03-01-2004, 04:55 PM
i was using a screw driver and hammer like a punch, i used that little torch for a sec... im gonna go out and try it again but i think the socket would work alot better, get some leverage on it... let me know when you get home, i might have to go get that socket

uglyota
03-01-2004, 04:59 PM
I heard something grinding back there, so i just turned up the radio and was ready to role again...
So THAT's how it happened!:D

Violentv8toy
03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
I saw it on the west side of madisonville about 4-7 miles before 45. I didn't think anything of it though...i shoulda picked it up for you.

I got so tired i started seein' things in the road and pressing the brake and swerving a bit. Then i fell asleep when a car passed me. I got back service and called some people...which helped.

EDIT: i forgot to add....i've got the guts from a 70s waggy d44 at home. I don't know exactly how great everything is but you can have it if you want.

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:07 AM
pics after taking it apart

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
bearing

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:09 AM

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:10 AM
rim

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:11 AM
hub

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:12 AM
side

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:15 AM
side 2

Violentv8toy
03-02-2004, 01:15 AM
I was at rudy's today with my pops. Our shelf looked naked....

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 01:21 AM
oh its going on the shelf all right,, thats why i wanted to know where the rest of it was

Graystroke
03-02-2004, 02:04 AM
That's excellent!

BigRedFord04
03-02-2004, 02:07 AM
you didnt notice anything wrong w/ how it was driving?? :confused:

AgDieseler
03-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Cooper,
There's no need to "update" you current panel. This is so good it deserves its own...plus our shelf is naked.:D

stx4wheeler
03-02-2004, 02:13 AM
no it was towing fine, heck it was towing better on the way home then the way there.

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 06:22 PM
ok its back on the road.... watch out... looks goofy with the 15x7 spare rim on it
"aint nothin gonna hold me down"

Doug Krebs
03-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by J Cooper
ok its back on the road.... watch out... looks goofy with the 15x7 spare rim on it
"aint nothin gonna hold me down"

Except when I come repot $100 worth parts!!!!!:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

J Cooper
03-02-2004, 06:36 PM
i know sorry, actually i just got my money in finally today, i was gonna ask you how do you want it... pay pal? mail you a check? let me know ill get it to you

Shaggy
03-02-2004, 06:45 PM
he was just in town sunday... he might still be here.... eh probably not

uglyota
03-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Anne helping with last-minute bootyfab...

uglyota
03-12-2004, 02:56 PM
mario tryin to stay clean

uglyota
03-12-2004, 02:57 PM
broken double cardan....dayum!

uglyota
03-12-2004, 02:57 PM
the cjs

uglyota
03-12-2004, 02:59 PM
ugly

uglyota
03-12-2004, 03:00 PM
violent

uglyota
03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
mudcrawlin'!

uglyota
03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
and a sammy on rockwells :eek:

Violentv8toy
03-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Yep.

<look at sami>WHOA
<look at other mud truck>
<look back at sami>
<look back at the other mud truck> WHOA!