PDA

View Full Version : TCC requirements

bburris
02-18-2004, 07:43 PM
The requirements list at least 35" tires. Will 35/36s be in the same class as 42s and such or is there some other form of differetiation in vehicle classes?

By traction devices, does that mean 100% locking differentials, or will a Lock-Right or similar pass inspection?

froader03
02-18-2004, 08:08 PM
ok, here's the deal on that. at this point I'm expecting that everyone will compete in the same class, but that might change. last year we had enough time to let anyone who wanted to run the courses do so. scott did a great job of making them technical and in the end nick won sporting the 33s.

as far as I'm concerned a lock-rite is fine. like I said there are a number of things that can change between now and then depending on interest.

REMEMBER - these requirements are for people wanting to compete in the competition on sunday. absolutely anybody can come out and wheel for the weekend. for those of you with organization contacts please make sure they are clear on this.

bburris
02-18-2004, 08:17 PM
OK, I have a lock-right front so I was wondering about competing.

The only other thing I had thought about was whether or not I would be competing against buggy-type vehicles like Scott's and Cody's or if there were going to be a couple of seperate classes.

froader03
02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
hey man, last year nick and shain whooped ass in their jeeps and cody laid his rig on it's side. :flipoff2:

and I think scott should set up the course and judge again, so that puts him out of the running for the trophy. :flipoff2:

eight
02-18-2004, 08:47 PM
This requirement of a "roll cage", that means a real cage right? Me stock roll bar no good enough? I should have a cage by the end of spring break anyway. I need to order some good pipe.

froader03
02-18-2004, 09:13 PM
it's the same rules that katemcy has had for the last year. if you don't have a factory hard top then you need something else for protection.

eight
02-18-2004, 09:23 PM
You do mean for the comp hensel yes? Because it does say "roll cage" on our sign up sheet, which leads people to think that a factory hard top or roll bar is not adequate for the competition.

froader03
02-19-2004, 05:05 PM
things could change. last year we obviously did not enforce this.

we're trying to be safe. if there are 20 rigs with cages wanting to do the comp then that's the way it is. it would be nice to make several classes and and have different requirements and whatnot, but that's not feasible. the cage requirement is for safety. it's part of what got copied from an old trailfest signup sheet.

uglyota
02-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bburris
The only other thing I had thought about was whether or not I would be competing against buggy-type vehicles like Scott's and Cody's or if there were going to be a couple of seperate classes.
Your truck originally had coils in the rear, right?

I think we should have two classes: a "stock" class that allows only original style suspension and drivetrain, and an "everything else" class that allows...everything else
:flipoff2:
Seriously, how many people are we looking at, and could it allow enough people for 2 or 3 classes? Also, you gotta have locker f/r? (I haven't looked at the rules)

bburris
02-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by uglyota
Your truck originally had coils in the rear, right?

shaddup :flipoff2:

Also, you gotta have locker f/r? (I haven't looked at the rules)

This was part of my original question. You have to have some form of locker front and rear, but it's not required as of right now to have a 100% locking diff like a Detroit or welded spiders.

redcagepatrol
02-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Dangit - I NEVER get to win.

BTW, I will be spotting Troy this season and gain some more comp experience...

froader03
02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
in response to eric's post:

yes, it would be nice to set up a buttload of stuff for everyone to compete with similarly capable vehicles. this, however, is not going to happen.

also, as far as the number of people showing up it would be nice to have a full roster, but this is also unlikely to happen.

these things can and hopefully will happen at least in future years. but it will only happen with a greater effort by the club as a whole.

we need to sell this event. not getting any email responses? - pick up the phone. make it sound good and get people out there. more importantly get yourselves out there. everyone get me moeny and registration forms so I can get participants up on the katemcy site. the more people see up there the more likely the are to participate.

I'd like to rant more, but I just got interrupted and have now lost my concentration.

more later.