PDA

View Full Version : working on a Crapolla

bburris
02-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Stef's car decided to take a **** yesterday, so I volunteered to revive it for the time that remains until she graduates...

She got the estimate from Sevcek's and I told her it sounded about right for a shop... $1700.

I can get all the parts I think are FUBAR-ed here in Corpus on WFO's account and bring them with me, but I don't have a place to work on it, and I don't know if I can actually get the required work done this weekend. I'm pretty sure it's going to need work done to the head (new seals, resurface, etc) and the radiator probably needs to be rodded...among other things.

Where can this stuff be done on short notice if I get it off friday night and take it in first thing friday? Austin - does Vila's do all that crap, and if so, can it be done in a day? If not I'm just going to trailer the pile back here and work on it in peace, but I'd like to just finish up there and not have to mess with it next week.

BigRedFord04
02-25-2004, 12:49 AM
vilas can obviously resurface a head and do all the head work, and i'm pretty sure we can fix a radiator, but probably couldnt get the head done 'til the middle of the week, if nothing else, just trying to get parts. you could get everything off this weekend (fri nite possibly) and i could take it in on saturday to get it in line. i'd also volunteer our driveway, but its kinda full of sh!t right now

bburris
02-25-2004, 04:53 AM
That's what I needed to know. If the work can't be done while I'm there this weekend I don't see this weekend being viable to finish my work. I have a feeling the Crapola is going to come home to Corpus on a trailer this weekend...