PDA

View Full Version : my first lift - complete

Moose
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't want to wrench on this thing for a long time. I still have to retorque everything. And I bought new energy sus bushings for the rear leafs and shackles. I'm looking in to the 12" longer radius arms from fabtech and complete leafs from pro comp. But that's a grand later. And the steering is funny. I think I need an adjustable drag link? Other than torquing the pitman arm 125 ft-lbs instead of 200, I'm done.

Moose
03-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Sony Imagestation sucks cause you need a password to view all the pics. So, I'm only gonna post a couple. Sorry Austin. Hopefully my ass will sag an inch to level everything out. Looks like someone's sticking their thumb up it's hitch receiver the wrong way (a little high).

Moose
03-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I love grease! That's one tube per leaf pack baby.

Moose
03-03-2004, 01:47 PM
by the way, does anyone notice anything odd about the last picture? see if anyone can help me out.

jerryg79
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
jesus tits that alot of grease....

btw thought about getting that driveshaft lengthened?

Moose
03-03-2004, 01:54 PM
yea. what's involved in that? how much time does it take if i take it to a driveshaft shop (i can't weld). and how much does it cost?

Doug Krebs
03-03-2004, 01:56 PM
I really think you are going to regret all that grease. With nothing to keep dirt out of the springs it is going to be a magnet for dirty and grit. If we lived in a clean world that would be great, but you should try that graphite paint instead.

Moose
03-03-2004, 02:03 PM
i will eventually. but the fastest solution to prevent rust was a lot of grease. i'll wipe it clean, but i just couldn't wait any longer to put it back together. my girlfriends parents let me borrow their garage and driveway for four weeks. any longer than that, they may have begun to re-evaluate my priorities in life.

BMFScout
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
looks good, sell me that camaro already! :)

robertf03
03-03-2004, 02:24 PM
is there any slack in the ebrake cable?

Moose
03-03-2004, 03:27 PM
yea. it's an illusion. the cable falls forward toward the screen a lot more than what the picture shows. there was a ton of slack before i lifted it, almost laying against the driveshaft.

the question i have is about the driveshaft. i thought the slip yoke's end was supposed to be at the transfer case?

Violentv8toy
03-03-2004, 03:43 PM
driveshaft direction doesn't matter. Just the phase of the joints matter....and even then they don't really matter all that much to *really* matter.

Doug Krebs
03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Violentv8toy
driveshaft direction doesn't matter. Just the phase of the joints matter....and even then they don't really matter all that much to *really* matter.

Well it kinda does... Won't that slip part get full of water, dirt, ****, etc...

jerryg79
03-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Moose
i will eventually. but the fastest solution to prevent rust was a lot of grease.

wal-marts got this **** called "spray paint" it works great for deterring rust and its not so messy, why are you so worried about springs rusting in 4 weeks?

jerryg79
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Doug Krebs
Well it kinda does... Won't that slip part get full of water, dirt, ****, etc...

i agree, i would flip it around and take it to a driveshaft shop to get it lengthened (about a $100)

Moose
03-03-2004, 04:26 PM
it took me 4 weeks (weekends) to install everything. by the end of 4 weeks, i was putting the leaves back together. i'm worried about rust over several months. My bronco makes frequent trips to Galveston. spray paint wears off with friction between leaves. grease reduces squeaks and wear.

i'll flip and lengthen the driveshaft.

bigFAWKINranger
03-03-2004, 04:32 PM
i've used driveshaft king twice now for shaft mods... the first time, i LOVED their work... the second time, i had a little argument with the shop guy, but the workmanship was decent. ususally they finish work inside of 2 business days.