good bye carburetor

Is this how yours looks mike?

bburris
03-15-2004, 01:57 PM
saweet man...

Does it run like a scalded ass mule now?:D

Broncocustom
03-15-2004, 02:08 PM
I doubt it runs very good with no spark plug wires and no coolant.

uglyota
03-15-2004, 02:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
sweet
:cheers:

fbronco86
03-15-2004, 03:40 PM
yeah that is pretty much how mine looks. But I dont have the v belts. good job.

did you figure out something for the AOD kickdown?

Fredo
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I think he's using the mustang kickdown linkage.

Kickass flem....let me know when you're going to fire it up...i'll come drink beer. :)

robertf03
03-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Mike I'm going to try using the mustang cable, but not the rod and pivot hardware thing it uses, going to use an f150 lever instead. the mustang one interferes with the column shift linkage. A guy on pirate says it'll work, so it must :flipoff2:

still need to get a fuel pump relay, wire in the MAF harness, weld up the o2 bung and relocate the coil. I broke the ****ty ford steering pump when taking it apart so I grabbed a saginaw pump off a van but it interferes with the stock coil mounting location.

fred i'll give ya a call when its go time, but no beer for me this week. the dickheads at UTD decided to give all their exams the week after spring break, which was last week for me.

heres what i was starting with. looks a little different
:D

Fredo
03-15-2004, 07:22 PM
flem, i've got a few of those gm 40amp relays with connectors laying around the shop if you want one.

robertf03
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Fredo
flem, i've got a few of those gm 40amp relays with connectors laying around the shop if you want one.

thought about doing that, but north central ford wants 13 bones for a relay. think i'll just do that and hope it never goes out on a weekend or anywhere where there are no stealerships.

BMFScout
03-15-2004, 08:51 PM
way to go flem, now all you need to do is slide in that HP44 in the front and it will be SAweet!:D

AgDieseler
03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Nice job. Looks good. Will this get you any power, or is it mostly so that it will run right all the time?

robertf03
03-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by AgDieseler
Nice job. Looks good. Will this get you any power, or is it mostly so that it will run right all the time?

I doubt I'll gain any performance out of it. Its a stock mustang setup and then truck cam and heads, but it should eliminate the bogging down the truck did at low RPMS. Might be able to tow in overdrive. I guess thats a performance gain, but it ran that way brand new.

I'm doing it because the truck wouldn't pass Dallas County emissions and was getting terrible gas milage. I could have swapped in a stock truck setup, but they are batch fire. SEFI is supposed to get a little better milage, and so is a mass air setup. Plus I can swap in a big cam if I want to :D

I'm actually a little more happy with the saginaw pump swap. Should eliminate the ford pump scream that all f150's do. Now if I could only find a cheap ZF.......

robertf03
04-02-2004, 12:55 PM
well it ran for a day then took a dump. I think the vatozone e2000 pump is dead since it runs great for a few seconds if I cycle the pump for a while, or if I load it up with starter fluid.

when I unhook the hose and have it flow in a bucket, it trickles out like a garden hose and I can almost stop the pressure with my thumb. Does that sound like its bad to those of you running this pump?

Mike are you running a low pressure pump up to your high pressure pump?

robertf03
04-02-2004, 05:43 PM
curse of the vatozone electronics :mad:

went to pep boys and bought a carter e2000 pump and replaced the wells or master or whatever **** brand I bought to save 20 bucks and it fired right up.

Fredo
04-02-2004, 06:06 PM
sweet man! did you ever find your cell phone? Give me a call later if you see this. We'll drink some beer and check it out tonight if you like.

robertf03
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Fredo
sweet man! did you ever find your cell phone? Give me a call later if you see this. We'll drink some beer and check it out tonight if you like.

yeah its in my backpack, throwing it on the charger now

You remember how we were worried about these pumps blowing out the throttle body seals because of the high pressure? I think I now know why it worked great on jimmys

Fredo
04-02-2004, 06:48 PM
yeah, probably because it can only supply about 15-20 psi anyway.