PDA

View Full Version : Llano, What Happened???

redcagepatrol
04-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Heard rumors of some idiots CJ laying over and another idiot swamping his truck and blowing up his tranny.

Is this true? Please tell me so I can make fun of them some more.

StevenAg03
04-14-2002, 05:20 PM
i think adam blew his tranny again....i didnt hear anything about a CJ laying on its side....guess that would be landons....

i dont see how you can lay something on its side out there.....i never had that problem...course mine is a couple inches wider....

redcagepatrol
04-14-2002, 05:27 PM
I happen to remember you getting very scared the first time you went out there when you almost rolled yours. Anything is possible, trust me. It is just alot harder to roll out there then other places, you have to try and do it.

StevenAg03
04-14-2002, 05:46 PM
i did lift a tire, but i wouldnt say i almost rolled it....it is the closest i have come to doing it....

i guess your right....anything is possible....

lets see some pics....

aggielr
04-14-2002, 06:06 PM
i'll have pics up tommorow afternoon, well if u haven't seen my jeep lately, its not the most stable thing on the road, and a nice hole on the passenger side kinda made things fun, it wasn't on its side, but not far from it

robertf03
04-14-2002, 06:21 PM
**** those narrow track axles

how do you like that 3 speed :D

bigFAWKINranger
04-14-2002, 06:30 PM
well i am not blaming anyone- but had austin not stopped in front of me, i would never have gotten stuck. i had no choice but to a> sit and sink in that hole, or b>try to go around him to get out. i did both and got water in my tranny. like i said, not blaming anyone- i would have stopped too, he was just checking the trail ahead of him.

aggielr
04-14-2002, 06:33 PM
dude, the 3-speed was AWSOME, definately puttin the sm465 in this summer, and full widths are a definate also, i was havin some carb problems too, not exactly sure what was goin on, but that didn't help matters at all

bigFAWKINranger
04-14-2002, 06:37 PM
a secure battery tray would be good too:D :cool:

bigFAWKINranger
04-14-2002, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by StevenAg03
[B]i think adam blew his tranny again....i didnt hear anything about a CJ laying on its side....guess that would be landons....

for the record- i didn't blow it again-- last time i had tranny problems bc some ******* i don't even know was in my truck with my parents, the parents of the guy who got me arrested, several of his friends, and my spare key and he tried to get it unstuck while i was in jail. when i got out the next day- my truck was still stuck and had no 1st gear. i got it out of there with 2 hi lifts and no 1st gear.

Jason
04-14-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger
a secure battery tray would be good too:D :cool:

Seems as though CJ battery trays were not very fond of Llano, mine is strapped in with a bungee cord for the time being.

As far as the trip itself, it was a lot of fun, good weather, and a few decent rocks. Got myself into a little trouble a couple times, but nothing big.

Jason

StevenAg03
04-14-2002, 08:53 PM
i think that bungee straped batteries are a must in CJ's.....mine is held in by a two or three bungees.....

hell they work almost as good as duct tape

Jackasic
04-14-2002, 09:02 PM
why not, the way frivolis asbestoes lawsuits are going. It seems every company is responsable for everythimg, but no individual is responsable. WTF.

Future Capalist Pig Dog

StevenAg03
04-14-2002, 09:06 PM
what the hell does "frivolis asbestoes lawsuits" have to do with bungee straps or llano?????

:D :D

Jackasic
04-14-2002, 09:11 PM
you are a smart boy, figure it out.:p

wait, they maybe asking too much.:D

what it means is that since there us no moritorium of corporate responceablity (read - deap pocket+trial lawyers=large cash settlements), you should sue DC for a new batter tray. why not they own the jeep name.

end of esoteric, misspelled rant.

bigFAWKINranger
04-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Jason

Seems as though CJ battery trays were not very fond of Llano, mine is strapped in with a bungee cord for the time being.

As far as the trip itself, it was a lot of fun, good weather, and a few decent rocks. Got myself into a little trouble a couple times, but nothing big.

Jason
thats not as bad as the ranger's stock intake location- behind the blinker on the pass side... it gives you maybe 22" fording depth at stock height. i had to make a snorkel for mine- which although not 100% waterproof i think may have helped me this weekend quite a bit.

Jackasic
04-14-2002, 09:23 PM
you are pouring salt in a wound boy.:D

"If IH had ment for Scouts to fly, the wouldn't have use a 750# small block"

Broncocustom
04-15-2002, 07:55 AM
Jason and Matt Marek took there Toy's out there early on saturday and were leaving when everyone else arrived. Jason busted a drag link and both Birfields. Ryans Toy did not make it due to a busted pinion gear earlier in the week.

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 07:58 AM
oh hell, James is on board

BigRedFord04
04-16-2002, 12:57 AM
What happened in Llano...

1) Lost my keys
2) Pink eye returned
3) Found decent size exhaust leak
4) Watched 2 people sink behind me

All in all, good trip, lots of fun.
I'll have pics in a few days.

bigFAWKINranger
04-17-2002, 01:25 AM
yeah as one of those sinking ppl, in all seriousness i think we may need to offer an intstructional course on recovery techniques. they guys behind me when i sunk (NO OFFENSE GUYS) executed the slowest most apprehensive recovery attempt i have ever witnessed. and they would have killed austin if i hadn't told him to yell at them-- 2 straps with a shackle in the middle? if either strap breaks, and theirs did, the damn shackle will sling shot forward. not mention my engine stayed running for a good 2 minutes before it finally couldn't handle the back pressure... i can't help but wonder what difference the status of my ranger would be right now had i been recovered a little quicker. thanx to all who tried to help tho... it all boils down to the driver- ME.

bigFAWKINranger
04-17-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
What happened in Llano...

1) Lost my keys
2) Pink eye returned
3) Found decent size exhaust leak
4) Watched 2 people sink behind me

All in all, good trip, lots of fun.
I'll have pics in a few days.

heres mine
1) lost brand new Hollister shirt
2) fell in god-damned river- my fault, it was funny
3) got sunburn from hell- didn't want any of you guys rubbin lotion on me
4) swamped truck
5) blew tranny on way home
6) high centered on gas tank- that coulda been really bad.
7) ran over and ruined a $50 strap on way home while almost rear ending the truck flat towing me.

StevenAg03
04-17-2002, 01:35 AM
adam....maybe you should choose the ride-along plan for the next several trips.....

bigFAWKINranger
04-18-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
adam....maybe you should choose the ride-along plan for the next several trips.....

riiiiiight. ummm have you even been on any trips this semester? and you have a functional 4wd-- just a case of chronic PUSS-OUT. i found a tranny in canton tx, and will be back in action soon... sour joe in your mouth.

StevenAg03
04-18-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger

riiiiiight. ummm have you even been on any trips this semester? and you have a functional 4wd-- just a case of chronic PUSS-OUT. i found a tranny in canton tx, and will be back in action soon... sour joe in your mouth.

If you call no money "PUSS OUT", then i guess i am guilty.

redcagepatrol
04-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Nix, don't you have a standard tranny?
how did you blow that up?
Did you run it with water in it untill it burnt up because of no proper lubrication or what?

Some time I wonder about people, reminds me of Chris Scottie

BigRedFord04
04-18-2002, 11:55 AM
It is/was/will be again an automatic.

BMFScout
04-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
Did you run it with water in it untill it burnt up because of no proper lubrication or what?

[/B]

do you people proofread what you type before you press submit? You graduated from A&M correct?

BigRedFord04
04-18-2002, 08:39 PM
To answer your question...heres a couple pics...

BigRedFord04
04-18-2002, 08:40 PM
--Adam Nix

BigRedFord04
04-18-2002, 08:41 PM
...a winch cable (look real close)

BigRedFord04
04-18-2002, 08:42 PM
...when I could've been swimming...

redcagepatrol
04-19-2002, 07:01 AM
Don't like my sentance? I graduated with an engineering degree, not an english one. I don't care much on this Forum about proper english.

Fredo
04-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Don't like my sentance?

S E N T A N C E???

I don't know about you, but since about 3rd grade i've known that "sentance" is spelled

S-E-N-T-E-N-C-E

I know my punctuation isn't always proper either, but ****, I at least attempt to spell all the words correctly.

redcagepatrol
04-19-2002, 03:50 PM
yea, yea, yea...

bigFAWKINranger
04-20-2002, 03:43 PM
yea, yea, yea...

hey redcagefagboy, i was wondering why your signature reads "toyota all the way..." yet you drive a dodge when not on the trail... shouldn't it say "toyota most of the way" or "toyota and dodge, splittin time" ?

StevenAg03
04-20-2002, 10:39 PM
or it could be "toyota some of the time, jeep pulling the toyota most of the time"

redcagepatrol
04-21-2002, 08:12 PM
You guys are killing me,
I guess I will have to change my signature because the trail rig is not everything. I spend mucho time on both though
later

BigRedFord04
04-22-2002, 02:08 PM
While you're at it, I think you should change your name...not much red cage left...

redcagepatrol
04-22-2002, 02:10 PM
I am looking into the future, same paint scheme...