PDA

View Full Version : Bmra

stinger7401
03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Got this today, figured I'd post it....

The next BMRA Work Weekend is April 17 & 18, less than a month away! Please plan to come help us maintain trails and complete any “special projects” scheduled. Bring your loppers, chain saws, shovels, machetes, or other appropriate trail tools. We will assemble at the pavilion and begin assigning work areas at 9 AM. Members arriving before noon on Saturday will not be charged the normal fees that weekend in exchange for their efforts. Remember to register at the office on your way in.

Please pass this invitation along to other TMTC members and your club members. Many hands make light work!

If you or your club wants to work on specific trails / items, please let me know and we'll try to accomodate you as much as possible. The Work Weekend is not meant for building new trails or campsites, etc., unless time permits.

Our main efforts will be to trim back trails and pick up trash. We may also have several other projects to complete, such as repairing erosion damage, etc. If we can get started early we may be able too have a little fun too!

Also, the Trails Committee will hold its meeting at 11 AM at the pavillion on Saturday, October 17th.

Any questions? Please feel free to contact me!

Thanks,

Jack
Jack Brinks
TMTC Trails Committee Chairman
JB8@DaimlerChrysler.com - Work
JB77CJ7@AOL.com - Home
Work: (469) 374-4023
Home: (940) 321-3979
Cell: (469) 371-1010

bburris
03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
sucks that it's the week before TCC

I don't think my truck would like me if I towed my POS ~800 miles one weekend and ~500 the next...:(

How much maintenance have ya'll had to do on Airstrip so far?

robertf03
03-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by bburris

How much maintenance have ya'll had to do on Airstrip so far?

hahahah, maintenance

I peed down it once, does that count?

bburris
03-29-2004, 08:06 PM
aiding with the erosion of that hole at the top...:flipoff2:

BMFScout
03-29-2004, 08:51 PM
last time I ran airstrip...oh wait...

Airstrip requires no maintenance, however it would be good to make a club appearance. I would be down with riding along with someone, it is about 3.5 to 4 hours from here. If we were planning on doing it though we should go out Friday night and camp, then work on saturday. Since they start at 9am, we would have to leave around 5 am, and that makes for a long day.

AgDieseler
03-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Agreed - airstrip maintains intself. The only thing that MIGHT need some cutting or clearing would be the access trail from Nose Dive, but I doubt it. Even so, that's 15 mins tops. Do we have to maintain the bypass, or is that a seperate trail?

robertf03
03-30-2004, 01:34 AM
nose dive is some other club's trail. I don't remember who, either JET or maybe SAJE or SHR.

if we maintain it i say it gets a 50lb bag of quickcrete

BMFScout
03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by robertf03
nose dive is some other club's trail. I don't remember who, either JET or maybe SAJE or SHR.

if we maintain it i say it gets a 50lb bag of quickcrete

I say we maintain it by putting up a sign that says, "Watch out, BIG F UCKING WHOLE ON YOUR LEFT!!!"

it is a heep club that maintains that one, east texas jeeps or some ****. They took a pic of my scout for their webpage. I never saw it, but I am sure it was a kickass caption...

VIVA LA JABARI!!!!!!!! ****ING PIGS...ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS TOO!!