PDA

View Full Version : For Scott and Cody

Chadnutz
04-04-2004, 12:30 AM
This isn't a Cummins vs Stroke thread so leave the gay comments out... We were talking about injectors so I'm just posting the information. Bold faced is what I want. Fortunately my clutch is relatively new. ;)

150/146/A 150 mm^3 The "Baby Swamps" are part of a chip and injector package designed to take a stock 94-97 from 175 to over 300 rwhp for under $1000. The first test truck dynoed 265 rwhp and the second 312 with off-the-shelf chips, and a third 353 with custom tuning. These injectors do not include new nozzles.
(All these trucks needed new clutches or transmissions within 2 weeks!)

$650 w/chip purchase

$750 w/o chip purchase

175/158/A 160 mm^3 A good choice for the owner who needs more power, but knows he doesn't want to get wild. The

175/158 is a basic performance injector equivalent to, or slightly more powerful than what is often referred to as a Stage 2. It is intended for trucks with an upgraded air intake, 3" turbine outlet pipe, and a straight exhaust. Good for owners who tow heavy loads but don't want to worry about exhaust gas temperatures. Best performance for all injectors is always obtained with the appropriate chip. $1250

175/173/A 160 mm^3 The 175/173 has the same internal modifications as the 175/158 but the larger nozzle makes it flow more fuel with the same injector pulse width. This makes it a bit more aggressive with better throttle response. It is fully equivalent to any Stage 2 injector. $1250

225/173/B 225 mm^3 More highly modified internally, extensive porting and flow enhancements. The 225 series are some bad boys. They flow 225% more fuel than a stock injector, and 40% more than what's commonly called a Stage 2. In addition to the engine upgrades listed for the 175 series, a larger turbo such as Hypermax's Holset H2E, an electric fuel pump, a 99.5 model year or newer HPOP and a High-Voltage IDM are required. This injector can be installed in engines without these upgrades, but full injector performance will not be obtained. However, they can be installed first, and then the other upgrades done later as time and money permit. $1450

F*ME 250/190 250 mm^3 Tired of hearing about the Mini-Me's? F* them with the F*ME's! $2150

315/290/F 316 mm^3 The 250 and 300 series is for the professional drag racer and truck puller. They are not intended for use on street driven trucks. Twin turbos are not an option unless nitrous oxide is used. These use the 7.1 mm plunger and barrel from the IH 530 injector and the 16 mm PSD piston. The 315's and above require a custom high pressure oil pump. $2500

395/290/G 395 mm^3 $3000

490/290/H 490 mm^3 $3500

redcagepatrol
04-05-2004, 10:12 AM
125 horse injectors are big no matter what you say. You will lose gas miliage and it will be hard to keep your EGT's down - especially when pulling. You can't turn injectors off when pulling up a long hill in high elevations - you will just have to pull over to keep from melting down:confused:

EDIT: Are you saying that they act like stock without a chip?

AgDieseler
04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Scott's right. The injectors will flow so much fuel that you'll see some high EGTs without even coming close to your legal combined weight. This comes from not having enough oxygen to burn the fuel pulse.

Not having some form of intercooling (air to air, air to water, water mist injection) doesn't help the situation. You're running 17-20 psi of boost, and your compressor is spinning fast enough to heat the intake air to around 250-300*F. There's a lot of air there, but not enough oxygen.

A better performance value would come from a chip, an intercooler, and boost control (20-25 psi). Injectors are part of a balanced performance equation, and will work best later once you're burning all the fuel you have right now.

Chadnutz
04-05-2004, 04:31 PM
The injectors I want are 150 mm^3, otherwise known as "Baby Swamps"

In response to this:

"I was talking to some guys in my off road club about me getting some injectors. They kept saying that my driveability would be decreased, my fuel mileage would drop significantly - not because of a lead foot, and that my EGTs would be too high to tow anymore. I have seen countless threads on here about mileage and EGTs, etc, but when I search for "swamp" I don't find much at all. I apologize for asking questions I already know, but I need sources (as in quoting people that actually have them" rather than quoting threads I have read before but can't find anymore....

So... All power aside...

How are the EGTs?
Does the stock mode of a chip negate the benefit of babies? <-- most important!
Could I tow up to 20k with babies installed and no intercooler?
How is mileage without the lead foot?

As far as truck specifics go - the only mods I have are in my signature.

Thanks!"

They posted this:

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1738708&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1#Post1738801

Those guys don't know. I pulled my trailer this weekend - 10000# box and touched 1250 once going up a long grade at 75 maintained speed , no intercooler. The key is to have a good flip chip. Swamp or twildman can help with that. All I can say is gettum, you won't be sorry....Forgot to add, my milege is better empty and the same loaded.

I dont know about 20k havent had to pull that big of a load yet but i have pulled some big loads (tn mule) and didnt have any probrlems. Unlike some of the older staged injectros it is a little easier to control egts with the baby swamps because of the stock nozzels. Like jon said get you a good multi position chip that you can control. I have noted that with the baby swamps in 50-75 hp TRS program i have more power then needed to go up the hill and find my self backing out of the throttle instead of getting into it therfore egts are not a probrlem. Ignore those guys and go drag thier trucks home for em when they break. Travis

This depends greatly on wich injecors you go with. If you go with the Babys without a chip you will be pretty much the same as stock. Same egt, power, driveability etc. With a chip you get get a very nice increase in hp. Your egts will go up quite a bit DEPENDING ON PROGRAMMING. You fuel mileage will stay pretty close to the same if you drive it nice but will go down if you rod on it. Driveability will stay pretty much the same also depending on programming. Now if you start getting into the bigger injectors with bigger nozzles then you might start to see some driveability issues and excessive black smoke all the tiem and high EGTs as they describe. It just depends on the injectors you go with and what your ultimate goals are.

You should be able to pull 20K with the babys without an intercooler but you wouldn't want to do it in a high hp setting. You would want a heavy tow program to use with it to do that. Hope this helps you out!

I am running the 175's and 4 position chip. I can hit 1300 but that is with the chip on #3 and 4 and driving like a nut! With the mods you have you will be fine with the Baby's and a multi position chip.
Just do it! Then the group of off roaders you talk to will ask where you got them (once they catch up to you)!
Rick H.......Michael,
After reading this post again, I relized who you were!
I'll tell ya what, I will be in C.S. sometime in late June or early July, we can hook up and hook my truck to what ever you want and you try it for yourself! Of course that is if you can wait that long! If not, we'll just hook up and have a burger or something. Folks live outside of town just past the airport.
Rick H...

1st set of baby's and a gcw of anywhere from 28k-36k, every Saturday night, Arbuckle mountain 75 miles an hour, egts comfortably at 1350 or so, passing cars without looking back.

Michael, if you really wanna know about towing with them, come up to the North Texas rally at the end of the month, I will bring an 18ft car hauler with me and we can load someones truck on it and go for a ride, then you will know for sure about them.

I have the 225's single shot, but i also have an intercooler. My fuel milage went up by about 2 mpg empty, and stayed the same loaded. EGT's are the same in a 40hp tow setting that they were in a 60hp tow setting with stock injectors, but in the 40hp setting it puts down about 310hp. I would not be afraid to tow anything i could hook to in that setting (except for fear of breaking drive line components ) As for smoke, 40hp setting stock ammount of smoke, but in the 140 settings, it depends, if you lug it it pours smoke, but if the RPM's are up just a light haze up to about 3/4 throttle, then it is just black no matter what. you can tow in the high setting, but you really have to watch EGT's.

I would not reccomend getting the 225's though, high pressure oil is a huge limiting factor right now, it is what is holding me at 350hp, i would go with 200cc's or less with the 99.5-newer HPOP.

JMHO

Scott

Roger that Brian, The Babies were the best investment that I have made for my Ford. Now, I am not even wishing that I had bought a Cummins powered truck. If I want more power , I just turn the flip switch. As with any Modified system , you need the gauges to monitor things. These are things that I am sure you already know. There some dealers that will try and "talk you into " using their product, as it is better. All I can say dealing with SWAMP and his crew is a pleasure. Give Dixie @ Swamps a call, you will NOT be disappointed. ------JUST MY .02 worth -------- Joe

eight
04-05-2004, 05:05 PM
So why you wanting these injectors that you need a chip for anyway? If you're having problems pulling the mazda just get a chip, or some injectors that will actually do something without a chip. You can get a nice little power gain with a superchip programmer for under $300 off ebay. With 4.10 gears that truck's never gonna be a racer.

redcagepatrol
04-05-2004, 05:19 PM
it's the "wonder chip/injectors" kind of like "wonder drug" that we have all been waiting for.

You add 150 hp (by adding more fuel) yet your EGT's don't go up, your mileage gets better, no smoke, and you no longer need a Cummin's. Does it make your penis bigger too?

Are there ANY side-effects? (aside from the power)

Did the engine suddenly get more efficient? Did the combustion charistics (sp) change? How do you add fuel, increase the firing temp and peak pressures without getting worse mileage / EGT's? I guess these guys just bought bigger tires and a new turbo at the same time or something.

Chadnutz
04-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm sure the mileage comes from the chip more than the injectors. If you don't lay into it your mileage won't go down because you're not putting much more fuel into it than stock. They have the abilty to flow more fuel, but that doesn't mean that they always flow more fuel. They do smoke, but not like a freight train.

stinger7401
04-05-2004, 06:54 PM
So burbach has the tst 9 stage box and 100 horse injectors, we just towded his trailer (empty, prolly 3-4000 lbs.) to montana and loaded the 49 chevy (prolly an extra 4g's) on it. For a lot of the trip we talked about cars, upgrades, swaps, etc and decided that most diesel owners are full of themseleves, for the most part, Im sorry but your not gonna get better than 12-14 mpg at the most and thats pushin it with a good load. We most definately had to watch his egt's with the box off. We couldnt even turn the box on because even with the empty trailer and the box on level setting 1 his clutch would slip under normal driving conditions. On one hill i think we were trying to catch up to some girls or somethin and he hit it hard, this was empty, we were doin like 80-85 and his egt cutoff hit at like 1380, this was only for a few seconds but they rose really fast and fell evem faster. Oh and his gas milage has gone down, common sense, bigger holes in the tips means more fuel, more fuel means less economy on startouts and hotter egts. Dont take my word or quote me, im not some guru at this stuff im just speakin from first hand knowledge:flipoff2:

AgDieseler
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by stinger7401
...Oh and his gas milage has gone down, common sense, bigger holes in the tips means more fuel, more fuel means less economy on startouts and hotter egts. Dont take my word or quote me, im not some guru at this stuff im just speakin from first hand knowledge:flipoff2:
Maybe you're not a diesel guru, but you've hit this nail on the head. The injectors are set to pop at a certain pressure. For ditributor injection pumps like the DB2 and DS4 this is around 3000 to 4000 psi per injector. This is one thing that doesn't change much. Your pop pressure will remain the same +/- 200 psi depending on what the calibration standard is.

With pressure being a function of area, you will have to fill the larger bore hole with more fuel to achieve the same pop pressure. This is great if you're going for the all mighty horsepower figure, but less attractive for mpg considerations.

Thermal efficiency is part of makes a diesel so cool. Spark engines get around 15-20% with diesels getting around 25-30%. High EGTs are a sign of thermal INefficiency, and low mpg will follow. There's lot of power to be made by burning the fuel you have right now, and the extra fuel that a chip will get you.

Your truck already tows and performs well, but if you must have more power, then consider an intercooler after these three easy steps.

#1 - get gauges
#2 - get a chip
#3 - stop spending money

:cheers:

Chadnutz
04-05-2004, 07:42 PM
The babies don't have larger nozzles. I'm not sure what makes them flow more than stock...

StevenAg03
04-05-2004, 09:27 PM
dont yall know by now that there is no point in arguing with chadnutz on the internet....or better yet, why do you post this stuff....everytime some one disagrees with you you post what guys on TDR say....if you believe them as you do, then why argue....noone is gonna change his mind....

Chadnutz
04-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Sigh... my point is that the injectors are able to flow more fuel, not that they DO flow more fuel all the time. The motor is made more efficient at the cost of some pollution. The chip just allows for more fuel when it is needed....

chevsu
04-05-2004, 10:02 PM
i want to make my truck smoke like this. if you can do that then you have something.

i think that train has stage 2 injectors and maybe a chip with a turbo upgrade :flipoff2:

Graystroke
04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by chevsu
i want to make my truck smoke like this. if you can do that then you have something.

i think that train has stage 2 injectors and maybe a chip with a turbo upgrade :flipoff2:

don't forget the high flow canooter valve and the double ball-bearing flux capacitor!
:D

eight
04-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Yep, I think Nick is right. Alot of the diesel guys on the internet are full of ****. And some of them have alot of money, and convince themselves that every mod made is worth more than the cost, cause they can pull their boat up a hill faster. But the whole thing is stupid, there's no need for more than 500 lbs of torque, but there are those on the interent that will tell you otherwise.

Oh, I modded myself.

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
Sigh... The motor is made more efficient at the cost of some pollution. The chip just allows for more fuel when it is needed....

If there is more pollution, the motor is LESS efficient. Stochimetric(sp) combustion is where all the fuel/O2 is burned, leaving realitivly small amounts of NOx and CO in the exhaust. Stock combustion is about 15% extra air (the reason for the NOx is because we have to combust air and not O2). The extra air in the combustion chamber is used for cooling and scavaging of the exhaust. When you add more fuel, without getting enough boost, the engine gets LESS efficient because not all of the fuel is burnt and you are no-where-near a stoich mixture.

Hey Nutz, read an engine book - preferably one dealing with combustion and emissions, it will help you better understand how your engine runs.

I will try to round up some graphs when the emission folks come into work...

Chadnutz
04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
So why does the truck come from the factory with the timing retarded? How can you explain that even thought a chip pumps in more fuel the economy goes up 1-2 mpg given the same driving style... There is more AVAILABLE power, but it also becomes more efficient.

eight
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
What I hear is that a diesel makes 3 kinds of emissions and cannot be over on any of them. They retard the timing to keep the NOx low but that raises the other two. So by advancing the timing it makes less pollution over all, but the NOx is out of limits. And supposedly advancing the timing makes better mileage. I've never had a chip in anything that made the mileage improve. And I've got 3 brothers and my dad who have chips or programmers in their strokes and mileage never improved for them. I'll soon see if this Edge EZ my dad's got laying around will help my dodge any, but I doubt it.

uglyota
04-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
How can you explain that even thought a chip pumps in more fuel the economy goes up 1-2 mpg given the same driving style...
Because of exactly what Scott said...the engine comes out of the factory pumping in more air than it should (more than is stoichiometrically correct). To achieve a stoichiometric (perfectly efficient) mixture you would need either less air or more fuel, and since clogging your air filter would be stupid, people pump in more fuel.

But the bottom line is that none of it makes any difference in fuel economy (nevermind enough of a difference to pay for the mod itself), as I know from gas engines and as Scott and Kopecki confirmed for diesels.

Oh yeah, :flipoff2:

eight
04-06-2004, 01:31 PM
There isn't actually a stoichiometric ratio for a diesel. They burn as much diesel as is put in as long as there's enough air. Ever notice how they don't have throttle bodies? They cannot make a lean, hot flame like a gas motor can. Now running too much air through with a turbo is done as a way to dilute the emissions and EGTs, but it takes extra power to compress that extra air. Oh, and I remembered the reason why advancing the timing supposedly increases mileage, it allows the fuel to more completely combust in the cylinder.

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by eight
There isn't actually a stoichiometric ratio for a diesel.
are you kidding? Did you fall asleep in Chemistry? Of course there is but Turbocharged engines don't run that mixture.

I will attach a few graphs to help ya'll understand combustion. If you don't know, BSFC is Brake Specific Fuel Consumption and HC is hydracarbons

uglyota
04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Not that I know anything about diesels, but if put in just enough air to burn all the fuel, you've got a stoichiometric mix.

Am I wrong? ;)

If advancing timing allows the fuel to more completely combust in the cylinder, isn't that getting closer to a stoichiometric mix?

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
more

uglyota
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
are you kidding? Did you fall asleep in Chemistry? Of course there is but Turbocharged engines don't run that mixture.
I will attach a few graphs to help ya'll understand combustion
This must be why you's gradjiated!

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 02:07 PM
an interesting side not on this one deals with the speed limits and Houston. As the engine RPM slows, the residence time increases and the NOx emissions gets worse (NOx causes Ozone). This is why Houston raised the speed limit back up after the polititions (sp) dropped the limit to "reduce emissions" Some people are just mis-informed or just plain stupid - they can convince the public of anything. They were wondering why the emissions went up - go figure:rolleyes:

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 02:09 PM
last one

redcagepatrol
04-06-2004, 02:19 PM
one more

Broncocustom
04-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Those are just a few of the graphs from 2 books out of many we have in our office. The group Scott and myself work for does emmision testing on industrial engines that can run on natural gas or diesel. All our coworkers talk about is NOx, CO and fuel consumption.

jerryg79
04-06-2004, 02:39 PM
But, but the guys on my internet site said.....

redcagepatrol
04-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I guess everyone understands how diesels work now? Let me know if you need some more graphs or some more understanding.

eight
04-07-2004, 02:00 PM
What affects does compression ratio have on them and how about if the motor was spinning at 2500 rpm instead of 300? What effects do different sizes of turbo housings have on EGT, BHP, and BSFC?

redcagepatrol
04-07-2004, 02:21 PM
What affects does compression ratio have on them and how about if the motor was spinning at 2500 rpm instead of 300? What effects do different sizes of turbo housings have on EGT, BHP, and BSFC?
compression ratio would change the peak pressure. all other things being equal, a higher compression ratio would raise the EGT, the peak pressures, and give you more HP. The BSFC wouldn't necessarly change.

Changing the turbo housing would lower the EGT's. It wouldn't change the power or the fuel consumption unless the current housing is limiting the intake pressure. If you went to a bigger turbo that could pump more air, then you could add more fuel and keep the same EGT's. Of course if you are adding more fuel, the mileage would go down - the BSFC might stay the same because you would be making more HP.

Engine speed is directly related to HP. The higher the RPM, the more HP you can make. Of course torque is what is needed in Diesel engines and torque is formed at lower RPM's. The difference between the 300rpm engine and the 2500rpm is that the automotive engines need to be rebuilt more often, and they make more HP but less torque(percentagewise).

Hope that makes since

eight
04-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Why is it that, at least in Dodges, people claim to get better mileage with injectors slightly bigger than stock? Can too small of injectors lower the effiency of the engine? Did your mileage change any when you switched injectors?

Chadnutz
04-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Making more power with a more efficient burn would increase fuel mileage because you wouldn't have to burn as much fuel to keep going the same speed.....

redcagepatrol
04-07-2004, 02:37 PM
If you don't use the extra power, you don't use the extra fuel. My fuel mileage stayed the same with my 50hp injectors with normal driving. While towing - when using all of the extra power, my mileage dropped - I wouldn't be able to get 8mpg if I had stock injectors (the lowest might be 10), I also wouldn't be able to pull the big trailer at 70.

the only way to get more fuel efficiency with bigger injectors is to get better mixing in the combustion chamber which would lead to a more complete burn. The injector would need to inject at a higher pressure or have better atomization some other way.

think of dripping choclate(sp) into a glass of mile vs. spraying it at 100 psi - then do it at 200 psi. What do you think will mix better? you can inject the same amout of fuel at the increased pressure and increase the chamber mixing thus increasing the burn thus increasing the efficiency and power.

fbronco86
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
all you need is a little propane injection and then you can really blow up your motors.

propane is great cause it helps to get more complete combustion so you are not throwing as much raw fuel out the exhaust.

Chadnutz
04-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Real world experiences.....but hey, don't take their word for it. :rolleyes:

Knock on wood I havent Had a CEL But It flatens out in the Top end so Im thinking a New pump would Help that issue alot. I toasted a New "That thing Got A Hemi In It" Today. I think it made the Guy real Mad But I had Such a Big Grin, That My face started to Hurt

Fuel mileage on my baby's is pretty much the same as long as I keep my foot out of it. It will go faster if you rod on it but only seems to be a 1-2 mpg difference and a LOT of power. You should be able to get 100+ hp with the babys and a chip and spend less than a grand on the two. I'd highly recomend them.

I would definately recommend them too!!

I have never seen a negative post regarding swamps injectors. I can tell you of all the things I have done to my truck, the babies made the most difference. I have 230k miles and probably twice the power as when it was new. Make sure you're trans and or clutch can handle them though. You won't be sorry!!!

They will turn heads and make cars behind you disappear if you want them too... best investment you can make for the money and swamp and Golfer are great people to work with.

Ya can't go wrong with the *swamp* injectors. You Must have a chip to gain any power with these injectors. Many folks here have already swamped their trucks. Over 100 more HP. Go for it. Call swamp tomorrow. You'll Be glad you did.

Click on the link in my signature and read all you want. I was the first truck to have the baby swamps put in and they ROCK. The power is incredible.

Exactly what the other fellas have said... Call swamp and it will be the best investment you have made... cheap power and its awesome

I have them in my truck, best thing that I've done to it. You can't go wrong with the Babies. Like alot of other people have said, the best bang for the buck. You should call and talk to Jonathan(swamp). My $.02, Carl.

I got my babies installed this weekend and I can hit 32#S of boost in third pushing her pretty hard!I was hitting about 25# before,I think thats pretty good for just a Hypermax generic chip. I can't wait to get a custom flip chip ! A big thanks to Dave aka Golfer! Todd

I bet you will see close to 40# with a good chip, cuz I can hit 32# just like you said with my TS and stock injectors and turbo. When you get a new chip hold onto your shorts!!!

They will smoke on you when you get on it, but like Alaskan said, it depends on your tuning. Up here in denver where the air is hard to come by, I can basicly lose the car behind me if i stand on it. Dont know how emmisions are out there but if you have to pass every year, that is another thing you have to worry about. With that said, they do pull good.

I can make em smoke or make em not smoke all depends on my driviing charteristics. If i want em to smoke and goose it at a lug it will make the cars behind me headligt go out or i can just ease into it till it grabs boost then mat it and she barely smokes at all she just goesssss Travis

With Babies and no chip, I'm so positive you'll pass emissions testing with no problem that I'd guarantee it, or refund your $$ and send you a stock set of injectors.

depends ALOT on programming. I had one program that would totally engulf small towns in smoke. I now have another burn that under normal driving conditions wont smoke much at all but will still leave a plume under a lug condition. Gettin like 3mpg better with this burn over the other one. Funny thing is I think both burns have close to the same power over all but the one with all the smoke made the throttle response freakin unreal. The other funny thing is that the one that smoked like crazy was a 50hp and the other one is an extreme burn.

If you either want smoke or dont want smoke but want upgraded injectors you really need a multi pos chip. Thats the great thing about the Babies, they use stock nozzles so with the flip of a switch you have stock injectors again.

I had my Baby swamps installed last Monday. I drove from Franklin to Washington NC in the next few days. I am carrying my self contained slide-in and drove as near 65 as I could. Did I notice more power? That question needn't be asked, but YES. What I didn't expect was the exceptional fuel mileage and low EGT. I made 15 mpg with no head or tail wind. I was careful to get the tanks totaly full to eliminate the one tank phenomena. I was making 12 on the way out between Colorado and Franklin. swamp told me to expect 1350 to 1400 EGT in the mountains near Knoxville but I only hit 1200 twice, one mountain near Asheville and one hard ON ramp acceleration. Other montains and hills never topped 1000. If this continues on my return trip I will really be pleased and more than I expected.

The first time I dynoed a month ago I had the babys and a Diablo chip it put down253 rwhp.I dynoed yesterday and with a bill chip and the babys I put down 342 rwhp.The dyno was a mustang dyno the elevation here is about 2600 ft .I just thought i would give some of the guys thinking about getting a set of babys a little input,they are a boatload of fun and worth every cent.

Just for kicks, I'm trying to keep track of my mileage. With a little bit of highway driving, and lots of playing (read: hard accelerating and smoking people out every chance possible) I'm getting 15.5.

I got 17 highway on a 2000 mile trip

Second Day with the bill chip,the milage doesn't seem too bad even with a lead foot.The throttle response is awesome,last night i took my dad for a ride he has a 99 SD with the banks stinger plus on it, his truck runs pretty strong.I took it easy until we got out on the hwy ,when I shifted into 4th I droped the hammer,shifted and burried the speedo with a cloud of swamp smoke behind.I saw my dad watching the boost gauge pegging with his mouth dropped open and drool coming out.Dad said you won't have too worry about me out pulling you anymore.FINALY THE SMART ASS COMMENTS ABOUT HIS SD STOMPING MY TRUCK ARE OVER, unless he calls swamp,maybe i'll keep his number a secret..

eight
04-07-2004, 08:13 PM
So Nutz, you gonna order this **** yet? What ended up happenin with that big ass trailer you wanted?

Scott, what brand/model of injectors do you have?

About the most mine can burn is 11 mpg, but autos have little injectors.

Chadnutz
04-07-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm not going to order anything until I pay off the Mazda...

I get blue smoke on start up which = injector o rings so I guess modded injectors solve 2 problems. ;)

I can get access to a 40ft gooseneck BUT, the guy doesn't really need to use it so I'd have to pay the $240 license fee AND reimburse him for brake and tire wear. It isn't really a good deal. If he had a use for it we could share the license fee or he could pay it all, but that isn't the case.

redcagepatrol
04-08-2004, 08:45 AM

Scott, what brand/model of injectors do you have?

I have the Bosch RV 275's

chevsu
04-13-2004, 10:37 PM
you should do this turbo setup like this car.

uglyota
04-14-2004, 10:41 AM
solid fuel jet propulsion?:confused: