PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Guys

Chadnutz
04-17-2004, 06:11 PM
1. Is it possible to use a front output flange on the rear? The CV on the rear shaft does not fit the rear flange. Drilling holes is possible, but they would be VERY close to the edge of the flange.

If so, does anyone have one lying around or is anyone NOT using their front output flange at Mason so I could borrow it for the weekend?

2. Can I switch carrier + ring from one third member to the next? I had some spiders welded up and the pinion is messed up in it. I can try tightening the pinion nut....

Violentv8toy
04-18-2004, 01:37 AM
yeah you can if i remember correctly.

My suggestion is to just redrill holes that are right in between the old ones. They actually sell flanges that have both new and old patterns...not that i'd recommend it.

Busa
04-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Drilling them is the best way. That away any drive shaft will work. There are about 4 defferent types. If I remember right all flanges will work anywhere.

What is wrong with the 3rd member?

Chadnutz
04-18-2004, 02:33 AM
The pinion is loose and has chewed on the carrier a little bit.

I'd rather borrow or buy someone's front output flange so I don't have to drill anymore mother ****ing holes. I spent 3 hours drilling holes for shackles today because the first set were cast and they broke under a little convincing after I had welded on them.

Needless to say, I didn't get **** done.

Busa
04-18-2004, 05:55 AM
The 3rd member will be alright. Matt Marek's was like that for about three years. He finaly striped the gear out so we changed it. I think It is in the front now. So I know you will be alright for a while. What gears are you runing. I may have a 3rd member that I could sell you, but dont know what flang it has on it. You would have to let me know if you need one.

Go luck finding a flang. If you drill it out you will be able to use any toyota driveshaft. That can be good for you latteron.

Chadnutz
04-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Can I use yours for the weekend?

Busa
04-19-2004, 10:01 AM
What do you wont to use. A flang or a 3rd member. I dont know if I even have one, but if I do I will sell it.

Chadnutz
04-19-2004, 10:05 AM
I'm going to borrow a front output flange from a friend that isn't in the club and is rebuilding his motor at the moment. I will need a CV flange though, and I don't want to drill holes in the existing flange. I have one more CV shaft. I'm going to get another one sometime and have spare front/rear driveshafts. Holy **** I have spares of everything.

Anyone know where I could get one of those flanges besides the stealership?