PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Trailride May 24~27

redcagepatrol
04-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Get ready to go back to Clayton OK

It's that time again to hit some real trails at a big organized event. There will be a raffle with great prizes including winches and sets of tires.

If you have never gone to a large organized event, you need to go to this one. It is the closest one with decent trails, Gilmer's trails don't count as good ones, not even close. You will also see some awsome rigs out there.

I already have a hotel room reserved for me and the Anderson guys, we'll be there, hope to see a good group come up.

Scott :D

StevenAg03
04-14-2002, 05:49 PM
hey scott.....will any of yall have an open seat for the trailride???

Rex
04-14-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm going im my cherokee. Does anyone know what trails they are going to run? Is the FWD land going to be open?

bigFAWKINranger
04-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Rex
I'm going im my cherokee. Does anyone know what trails they are going to run? Is the FWD land going to be open?
i obviously wouldn't be wheeling the ranger on trails that tough, but i'd like to experience an event like that... if i can quit sinking money into my truck i'll have money for trips like that. good luck guys.

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 07:20 AM
go to fwd-fwd.org
they have all the info you could ever ask for about the event.
The FWD-FWD land will be open and they are cutting new trails. It should be a great time.

I don't know about open seats. Lynda's is taken

Broncocustom
04-15-2002, 08:26 AM
I think all the seats from Anderson are taken.

AGRVR
04-15-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
Gilmer's trails don't count as good ones, not even close.
Scott :D

Not even close? Didn't I have to strap you up a trail there last year? A trail that Grayson and I had run with open diffs a month earlier?

:D

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 02:24 PM
One hard part does NOT count as a hard trail. It only takes 2wd to get to the ONE hard part of each trail.

On another note, there is no way that an unlocked truck could have made it up that on that day without stacking rocks. Allot of rocks.

Doug Krebs
04-15-2002, 03:03 PM
I want to go. The blazer hasn't seen action since the llano trip in the summer. Is this the trip with the form you have to fill out??

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 03:12 PM
yep, it cost money too

Rex
04-15-2002, 03:18 PM
How much? Is it per vehicle or per person?

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 03:34 PM
It's $75
go to www.fwd-fwd.org for all the details

That price includes dinner for two and a lap dance, I mean a band.

redcagepatrol
04-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Hurry, pre-registration ends MAY 1 and then the price goes up to $100

Matt Conlee
04-22-2002, 10:47 PM
Hey Scott do you know if Gregs CJ is going to be finished and ready to hit the trails in Clayton.

Has anybody gotten in touch with Clayton Country Inn about camping arrangements?

redcagepatrol
04-23-2002, 07:43 AM
I don't think that Greg's CJ will make it, but we got the last two hotel rooms up there and many of us are already cramming them. Troy will be camping at Clayton country Inn with his day in the pop-up again. Give him a call, they are allowed one tent also.

Krawler68
04-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol
One hard part does NOT count as a hard trail. It only takes 2wd to get to the ONE hard part of each trail.

On another note, there is no way that an unlocked truck could have made it up that on that day without stacking rocks. Allot of rocks.

WAAAAA....I think little Scott's toyota pride has been wounded. Get some Collins... 92"+- wheelbases are the ****.

Lynda
05-02-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey guys, you can probably print out a form online if you want to but if want to just pick one up I have copies at my house. Krebs I think you should deffinitly go....Its always entertainment to watch you wheel :p

redcagepatrol
05-20-2002, 07:44 AM
Whos goin?
I think it will be a small group this year. I can think of:
Troy
Lynda
Jason Marek
Ryan Busa
Matt Marek
Matt Connley
Krebs?

That's all I know off the top of my head, not enough recruiting going on up there in College Station...

We have some people going up thursday and others up on Friday. Most of us will be camping at Clayton Country Inn.

redcagepatrol
05-28-2002, 12:23 AM
We had a great time. Only rained on sunday morning. We ran some trails that we have never run before (TSOB and Old Yanish, welded a track bar mount with jumper cables and two batteries, reworked a whole lot of sheet metal (Brandon knows how that works), and Troy broke his front upper control arms in half.
That make for a great time.

We also stacked more rocks and pulled more winch cables than we ever have had too, pretty rough stuff.

StevenAg03
05-28-2002, 12:42 AM
i thought that the infamous trail on which cris scotti broke down that year was Yanish.....

redcagepatrol
05-28-2002, 12:57 AM
No, that trail was in Yanish but it was called Eagles Nest. We thought it might be, but it was a different trail.

mark
05-28-2002, 06:32 AM
TSOB is what killed my mighty Dana 30 knuckle a few months ago. It really wouldn't have been that bad if it didn't have a foot of water running down it at the time.

-Mark